What is the best way to consume liver?

With fava beans and a nice chianti.

Liver and onions with a side of collard greens and a baked potato. Just y'know, make sure to slap that liver in some moojuice first.

Roasted on a pan, with onions and apple, since I'm too late for liver meme.

Was going to post it

Whatever way you decide to cook it, don't go over medium in doneness. Most people hate liver because they've only had it overcooked to a tacky mush that's disgusting.

>Eating liver half-raw
>Ever
It's like you hate yourself. Or are American.
Or just love tapeworms

Like this.
>tfw just found a polish grocery right across town that sells all kinds of pate for dirt cheap

Get it from a young animal and you're good

The reason murkins hate liver is that they're used to gritty, bitter, nasty beef liver from the poor people store

>liver cooked to medium is half raw
>muh tapeworms

You insufferable pussfag. A few weeks ago I ate my fresh killed venison liver a little under medium and it was delectable - sweet and toothsome. You're probably the type of person who thinks you'll get botulism from vinegar brined cucumbers.

The liver we have at the regular quality grocer is shit that honestly is mostly sold for minorities in my opinions (as with the other offal). If we bother to go to a farmer's market it is quite good. I only recently started cooking it and I don't really trust medium liver or want it that way. I want a recipe that cooks the shit out of the liver then purees it into a spread in the food processor but I am still working on that recipe and have only tried it twice.

Every summer I make this type of pate for midsummers eve, it's fantastic on rye bread with sweet pickles.

Lambs liver is the one to get. All the others are disgusting.

fuckin classic m8

Orally.

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

I haven't had liver in eons, but would be interested in making it myself. I love pates so I was thinking of making it into one.

What's a good eastern european style liver pate?

chicken liver

Really informative and insightful post!

Liver goes perfectly with onions and a slight amount of red wine vinegar. Pan fry onions and liver together with extra virgin olive oil, after they're done add the vinegar and reduce it. It's done when the vinegar stops releasing steam.

I prefer cow liver and liver from poultry in general. Lamb and goat liver is very strong. In my country some people like pork liver, but I find it ridiculously overpowering.

Not even him, but medium assumes you have inside still raw, you moron. So it's half raw, as the outside is already cooked, but inside it still raw. Hence the name "medium"
How fucking dense are you on scale from one to you?

And eating liver anything else than well-done is a waste of liver. It's not a fucking steak, you fuckwit.

liver mush is pretty good with mustard.

Liver has always put me off because of its lean taste but this thread has given me confidence, will try pan cooking some with onions and some green beans or broccoli. I guess you just leave it in milk for a while then cook it thoroughly like a well done steak?

Milk will soften the taste, but don't overcook it.

fried with onions
or alternatively just as pate

Pretty much, even if I don't see the point of using milk. Just wash it properly, then let it on a sieve for all the water to get out and roast it on a pan with onions and some black pepper.
It's one of those things that tastes great if you adhere to KISS.

I do a very fine mince and do like 1/3rd of liver into a sausage mix to put into a spicy gravy

Came here to post this, good job lads

Goose liver is the best liver, obviously it's very expensive but pork or chicken liver is almost as creamy and cheap. The traditional onions and bacon cooked in lard or butter makes it 99% delicious.

Raw.
Freshly cut from the still quivering body of a suckling.
Animal of your choice.

Alcohol.

With your mouth

By throwing it to trash

orally

Pate

By dicing into tiny chunks and serving in a steak pie

Liver is fucking disgusting with its weird texture on its own

FFFAAAVA BEANS?