NO artificial flavors

>NO artificial flavors
>NO colors from artificial sources
>made with all natural ingredients
>produced with genetic engineering

Because why would nice things ever happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/investigates/special-report/glyphosate-cancer-data/
reuters.com/investigates/special-report/who-iarc-glyphosate/
scientificamerican.com/article/weed-whacking-herbicide-p/
theintercept.com/2016/05/17/new-evidence-about-the-dangers-of-monsantos-roundup/
mobile.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/business/energy-environment/04weed.html?pagewanted=all&referer=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love peanut butter trail mix

Who cares about genetic engineering?
Humans have been "genetically engineering" plants through plant breeding for literally thousands of years.

To answer my own question: Only ignorant shits care about this.

It's not necessarily the fact that it is genetically engineered, but the fact that the majority of genetically engineered crops are produced to just withstand more and more carcinogenic herbicide such as glyphosate(roundup)

If you're worried about that, then why are you shopping food not marked as "organic" in the first place?

I'm not OP, but your point is valid
OP, your best bet is to only shop products that have the label from the non-gmo project or a usda organic label.

My question is why did they label it with that information in the first place? GMO companies spent millions lobbying and buying off our whore congress to not require labels like that.

> Muh GMOs

Fuckin hippies

>and Raisins

fuck this shit

This

>ITT: people who don't know what genetic engineering is
Kill yourselves. It's the only way to avoid genetic engineering, and it'll make the world better for the rest of us too.

What defines genetic engineering for crops? Selectively breeding crops, or something harsher like Gene editing?

If you're talking about genetic engineering it involves directly altering the DNA of the crop using recombinant DNA technology or gene editing
If you're talking about the general definition of a GMO it depends on who you go to, “the production of heritable improvements in plants or
animals for specific uses, via either genetic engineering or other more traditional methods” is the USDA definition, while more commonly people refer to GMOs as organisms made using recombinant DNA technology or gene editing

Genetic engineering still produces natural product though.

>Carcinogenic
reuters.com/investigates/special-report/glyphosate-cancer-data/

reuters.com/investigates/special-report/who-iarc-glyphosate/

Glyphosate is the least harmful of the herbicides and the WHO has hid/not mentioned studies that show no link with cancer.

After scientists have finally reengineered the other components of roundup (monsanto doesn't list them), the truth of it's dangers are being revealed.

scientificamerican.com/article/weed-whacking-herbicide-p/

theintercept.com/2016/05/17/new-evidence-about-the-dangers-of-monsantos-roundup/

Furthermore, weeds are becoming resistant to glyphosate and they're now using the even more dangerous dicambra.

mobile.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/business/energy-environment/04weed.html?pagewanted=all&referer=

What genetic engineering does trail mix need?

>its a Veeky Forums reactionary refuses to use the commonly accepted definiton of 'genetic engineering' in an attempt to make a tired point, muddle the issue, and generally contribute nothing to the conversation

to normal people its using crispr or blasting plants with gamma rays to induce genetic mutations

to kneejerk reactionary reactionaries on Veeky Forums and shit, it's been expanded to mean any example of humans engaging in preferential food selection.

soon, some of these idiots will be claiming not eating poisonous nightshades is genetic engineering in and of itself

its probably tumbled in soybean oil or something stupid like that

>not embracing new tech
>not eagerly awaiting mankind’s mastery over the fundamental elements of life itself
>not seeing the sheer power of gene editing not only in food, but also medicine, industry, space exploration, art, and even culture
It’s like you don’t even want to transcend what it means to be human.

i dont trust monsanto and ilk to do any of this, given the effort they put into stymying research into their products

>eats cheap, pesticide filled, franken foods
>thinks he's transcending humanity
behold the retarded pleb.

Genetic modification is one of the greatest innovations of the 21st century.
It has literally been pulling countries like sudan and ethiopia out of the black pit of starvation.

Everytime i hear a privileged first world hippie faggot moan about "GMOs" "frankenfood" "pink slime huuurrr" i hear a starving african child from the 90s whisper in my ear to fucking gut them.

Sure, the poor ignorant starving in the US snd 3rd world will benefit. It doesn't matter much if you're eating carcinogen drenched food that will kill you in 20 years when you would immediately starve to death otherwise. That's why the educated middle class and higher in the US have rejected GMO's and are buying non-GMO labeled products. GMO producers' millions of dollars lobbying effort to prevent labeling backfired and their sales are falling in 1st world countries. But sure, feed the 3rd world starving with it.

Enjoy you strawberry allergy to flare up when eating peanuts.

GM is an effective alternative to pesticide use you fucking goof

>Furthermore, weeds are becoming resistant to glyphosate and they're now using the even more dangerous dicambra.
I want off this ride

>Veeky Forums reactionary refuses to use the commonly accepted definiton of 'genetic engineering'
>Missing the point this hard
The point is that you can't explain why one type of genetic engeneering is somehow WORSE than what we've been doing for thousands of years.

The fact that your counter-argument is literally "Muh reactionaries" kinda crystallizes this.
Particularly when your superstitious fear of new technology LITERALLY MAKES YOU A REACTIONARY! (idiot)

Noticed recently that American M&Ms have "Partially produced with genetic engineering" on the packet. I'm in New Zealand, and most M&Ms here are made in Australia. It's not on the Australian packets, so I wonder whether it's just the American ones made with GE, or whether other ones also use GE but just don't mention it.

That sounds delicious what brand is it?

>Furthermore, weeds are becoming resistant to glyphosate and they're now using the even more dangerous dicambra.

Why can't we just use CRISPR to make humans resistant to roundup and dicambra? I'd rather have dubious food on my plate than no food on my plate.

choosing the best seeds for the coming season and selective breeding is not the same as cutting out genes and splicing them together in a lab to produce cows with 3 layers of muscles, enjoy your asscancer

The government tells you it is perfectly safe to eat GMO's. You do trust your government, don't you?

>muh gmo
there is literally nothing wrong with genetically modified food

yeah so healthy.

I'm pretty sure there is no cow in trail mix

Do you have any proof, or are you just spouting a talking point?
>hurr rich white leftists reflexively hate anything corporations do, therefore they're right!

>I white knight for benevolent, defenseless chemical corporations who bring us such wonderful products as agent orange and have a stranglehold on staple seed production in the US.