OH NO! A trolley is hurtling towards all of the world's edible nightshades (potatoes, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, etc...

OH NO! A trolley is hurtling towards all of the world's edible nightshades (potatoes, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, etc.)! The only way to save them is by pulling the lever and redirecting the trolley. But if you do so, the trolley will destroy all of the world's edible alliums (onions, garlic, leeks, shallots, etc.)!

Do you pull the lever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14aZbjs0mIY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jump in front of the train and use my body as a brake

I will save all the vegetables or die trying, there is too much at stake

yes

What if we just pull it halfway and kill everyone on board instead?

WHAT A DILEMMA

i turn 360 degrees and shoot the hostage

I'll keep the alliums to spite that cult who won't eat them.

it doesnt matter
just collect seeds after and regrow them

I mean what's even on board? We're talking a serious hit to pretty much everything we eat every day either way

I am torn between my two true loves, potatoes and onions/garlic...

i would literally kill myself to save a group of vegetables

Im glad you agree, we can die together, onward!

Obligatory

I think I'd have to save my onion bros.

Nightshades are actually a new world crop, and we got by okay without them. A lot of dishes are based around tomatoes or potatoes, and we would lose those dishes altogether. But it seems like virtually every dish uses onion or garlic in some way. I'd rather lose a few dishes completely than have almost every dish take a significant hit to its flavor.

Also I'm pretty sure we can synthesize capsaicin so it's not the end of the world to lose peppers.

youtube.com/watch?v=14aZbjs0mIY

This

Same. Potatoes are the ultimate food.

If you save the nightshades, you won't have anything to flavour them with.
If you save the ayy lmaos, you won't have anything TO flavour
It's a lose lose

But save the onions, I guess. Since you can still flavour meat

You're controlling a switch that will redirect the path of the trolley. It's not a brake.
There's nothing on board.

>t. vampire

We'd still have sweet potatoes?

As much as I like potatoes, I'd have to save the garlic and onions.

how dare you

The onions, not even a question. That whole side is just seasonings while the other side is staple foods.

>onions

>being gay

There are other staple foods you can add the onions and garlic too. There isn't a single other group of vegetables so important to cooking as alliums.

>being a manchild

I can't choose I like them all

but im a girl

>being a womanchild

You don't like these sugary lumps?

would be better if you switched the two.

if you want to save the allums you have to wilingly sacrifice the nightshades. i say this because i think most Veeky Forums minded people would see the allums as the more versatile and important family, and be more inclined to save them

>I will save all the vegetables or die trying, there is too much at steak

FTFY

I'd save the alliums, but there are a few people in my life who would hate me forever for making that choice. I'd have to carry on, punished, a man forced to make a sacrifice for selfish reasons.

Truth be told, while I love potato-based foods, I'm gonna have to aim for the alliums' survival. Plus, in the surviving debris, there's bound to be at least SOME potato bud from which the world's supply would have to grow back from.

What the hell is this? Underground Tokyo train racing manga?

Yes. An Initial D parody called Densha de D.

You're banned from this thread.

You can't make me choose between onions and potatos.

That's actually like asking me which kid I like more, man.

Are you guys legit implying you cant think of ways to flavor things without onion and garlic?

I went a few years without any alliums. It was interesting. I'd think I'd be fine without nightshades, like most humans before the 15th century. lol Instanbul

>kill alliums
>only a few of their compounds are necessary for flavoring, and with all the onion and garlic suddenly gone you better believe they'd find a good way to synthesize those quick

>kill nightshades
>you can't easily replicate a potato or a tomato, their complex composition is too important to the overall experience

answer is obvious

No. No competition.

This thread is brought to you by: Mr. Onion tastelet!
Stay tuned for more bitching about onions!

Would act as brake too.

what happened to the model number on her monitor

There is no way I could turn the trolley with the onion waving and smiling at me as I send him to his doom. The nightshades must die.

I can deal with no potatoes (sweet potatoes are similar enough.... I guess...)

Red Bell peppers and tomtaoes will be hard though

Save nightshades, need the texture. Powder/granulated onion/garlic etc can be perfectly replicated in a lab.

If I choose alliums the trolley will run over the potatoes and mash them for me saving me the trouble so it's a win/win

Potatoes are simple to replicate because they're just starchy bundles instead of an actual vegetable . They even made tomato plants sprout potatoes on the bottom. They call them "toma-toes"

Pulling the lever is murder.
Thinking you're clever or funny for trying to come up with a third solution is autism.

He never suggested anything to do with a brake.

It's not about coming up with a third solution. It's about relishing in the moment that while you run away to distance yourself from this mess, All-Star will be blasting and will be your song.

>They even made tomato plants sprout potatoes on the bottom.
By grafting tomato plants onto potato roots.

No, save the root vegetables

onions and garlic, I couldn't live without them

thought the same thing

will pulling the lever violate the nap

Sorry can't live without my aromatics. Don't pull the lever.

He's flipping his finger at you.

Is tobacco included in nightshades? Can we have synthetic nicotine for medical use in this situation?
Alzheimer is scary af, I'd save nightshades for this.

The Sophiesest choice of all Sophies choices.

Saving the alliums, no contest

not a third option but a fact
why would i save the leek if i could still have the taste another way?
cant stuff a leek with goodness tho

Can I derail the train and kill everyone on board to save the veggies?

Save the nightshades. I need my potatoes.

That's the closest I can come to a decision, having to choose between potatoes and onions is a no-win situation.

There's other lumps of starch such as sweet potatoes, true yams, and plantains/cooking bananas. Are white potatoes really that special?

I could give up every nightshade but tomatoes to save the holy onion. But tomatoes are too precious.

I leap on the tracks and sacrifice myself to stop the train.

Yes.

I BRAKE FOR VEGETABLURS

>Powder/granulated onion/garlic etc can be perfectly replicated in a lab.
No shit, it's tasteless. That's why you shouldn't use powdered onion/garlic but fresh ingredients. Frozen is acceptable in most cases.

Buy better quality shit.

This. Pull halfway, kill everyone on the train and save all of the vegetables.

godspeed user

Sorry potatoes but you lose this round, rice can always replace you but we can't replace yum-ions

Nope. I can replace potatoes with rice or pasta. Onions, garlic, and shallots are all sacred to me. They're preserved at all costs.

how do you make criss-cut fries out of rice, exactly?

Compress the rice into the right shape and then fry it