Do you tip?

Hey Veeky Forums

Do you tip your delivery person? Recently I've been seeing a whole thing about "Oh you shouldn't tip" and so on, part of me sees it as a good way to save an extra few bucks but a part of me feels guilty if I don't tip

What do you do?

Unless there's a fixed delivery fee then delivery is the only time I do tip, since they're diving their own car and paying their own gas.

I don't really order delivery that often so I don't feel bad about giving the guy a fiver even if it's just one pizza

I will tip delivery from specific restaurants that I order from enough that they likely recognize my name/address. This ensures good service.
Freelance services like Uber Eats and Skip the Dishes get nothing since I'm not hurting the restaurant and I'll never get the same driver twice.

it checks out.

good shit, guys

Pay by PayPal before it arrives. Delivery drivers over here don't expect a tip, so they give you your food, you both wish each other a good evening and then they scurry off to the next delivery.

OY
VEY

Tipping a delivery person is paying them protection money.
As long as you pay your pittance, they won't spit in your food next time.

I was a driver so I always drop 5 but that shouldn't be the standard
driving is a brain dead job and the people prepping your food work 10x as hard for half the pay
literally sitting on your ass all day going places where people pay you for existing
the sooner robocars take that job the better
also most places give you mileage to cover gas so the only real money out of your pocket is fixing your car, which if you work the busy shifts isn't a problem

Why would I tip for something I could do myself?

you realize uber drivers don't make shit from their job? they get just enough to eat, nothing more. if you dont tip them, those jobs may very well go away because it is not possible to drive a scooter in america!

Because you didn't?

As a european I usually just round up to the next 5 euros. If there is any service.

that's stupid as fuck, the food has already been made

That's ubers fault though. Don't use uber drivers.

There's a great sushi place like 8 miles from my apt and I'm out of the delivery range, but I always order like 50+ in sushi and tip well, so they deliver to me.
Everything else I usually tip ~2 bucks plus whatever change rounds the total to the nearest integer dollar.
When I was at uni I tipped much less

A tip should be a reward.
Fast delivery? Tip
Decent service? Tip
Feeling like you are well treated? Tip
General tipping is stupid and enables lazy & dump people

If I HAVE to, I'll tip because I'm not going to shit on the workers. It's not their fault. I stick to 10% though.
I actively avoid restaurants/situations where I have to tip. If I eat out I go to fast food places, if it needs to be someplace nice it'll be an Asian restaurant where tipping generally isn't the norm. If I get pizza I get take-out from Papa Murphy's, if I want greazy Chinese it comes from Safeway.

sounds like you are just a broke ass bitch

list of who i tip:

- post man
- old lady crossing the street
- guy jamming out to rap music on his headphones
- bus driver
- city cop
- burger stand employees
- pizza stand employees

You're not the brightest one are you.
They are alone in their car with your food for a whole ride. They can open it up and spit in it

This whole idea of paying to make sure your food doesn't get tampered with is pants on head retarded and I can't wait for the day tipping as a practice is abolished

>implying that they won't just do it anyways

It's not like you'd notice, and if you did all it takes is a few phone calls and the restaurant and the employee gets fucked

that's none of your fuckin' business. prick.

Literally how is this his fault that Uber doesn't pay their drivers enough? Do you go and give out money to anyone that isn't making (((enough))) at their jobs?

I tip this small teriyaki place I go to every week, and pizza delivery drivers when I'm too high to go get the pizza myself.

I don't really care for restaurants and prefer to cook for myself, so I don't normally find myself having to make a decision if I want to tip or not. When I go out with friends I don't tip.