Gateway Fish Dishes

I've never been able to enjoy any kind of seafood/fish, I can gag it down, but that's about it. What are some gateway fish/seafood items that might get me into actually enjoying eating fish? Bonus points for ease of consumption (no little bones and such).

fish sticks
salmon

some kind of fried white fish dipped in something like tartar sauce to cover up the flavor. maybe cod or flounder. i dont know how you dont like seafood to the point you have to gag it down, but i at least support the fact you're trying.

A fucking fried flounder filet. There’s usually no bones, tastes great, and resembles the fried chicken that I’m sure makes up 80% of your manchild diet.

Firstly, sweetwater fish is mostly disgusting.
Secondly, the epitome of seafood is grilling it with just salt, olive oil and lemon, like your pic. If you don't enjoy a GOOD and FRESH fish cooked like that then I guess seafood isn't for you and you'll only enjoy it if you have other stuff/seasoning overpowering the taste of it.

fried shrimp is the way to go. or fried fish, I would say something like salmon is too fishy. try a lighter flavored fish. Maybe sole, or very thin fried catfish. Grilled Tuna is good too it's meaty like steak.

i had grilled whitefish with rice and broccoli the first time, it was good. tasted like chicken or pork or something. I can't remember what but I know it tasted like normal food

this might be insane, but maybe try some really high quality salmon or tuna sushi. i dont think it really has much of a fishy flavor, very subtle flavors with great texture. but it depends on why you dont like seafood, if you dont like the idea or texture then dont go for sushi. if you don't like the "fishy" flavor, maybe its a good thing to try? again, i might be way off here

White fish are really kind of boring desu.
Oily fish are where its at. Start with sardines, then move up to herring, anchovies are the final boss, and fermented oily fish (as in surstromming, kusaya, and shiokara) is the secret boss when you get the good ending.

>sweetwater
u wot m8

Salmon or Tilapia fillets are the entry level stuff, conveniently also the cheapest

Sweetwater means freshwater

Grilled mackerel is great with some white rice and side soup.

>grill with salt oil and leamon
why not steam fish?

Rub the fish on your anus.
Anus funk helps you acclimatize to intense flavours. In the same way people like the smell of their own farts. Then the next time, rub the fish on your anus a little less.
It's gotta be your anus though, can't be anyone elses.

U10 sea scallops. Pan seared. Cook time and heat is everything when preparing these. Do it right or theyre fucked. If you do it right, you'll have the opportunity to taste some of the most scrumptious morsels that neptune blessed into the sea. Theyre just a tad expensive (not unavailable to the common man though) but soooo worth it. Not a strong pungent fish scent or taste either. A tad...sweet and savory. Very tender

I love fish, and shellfish, and crustaceans that I've either hand dug or personally line caught. This is bad advice.

Scallops have a taste to them I personally dont like, plus they are expensive as fuck, and Ive harvested them as well
Stick with well prepared whitefish and away from shellfish if you dislike an "ocean" flavor common with fish, and I prefer my shellfish raw.
Swordfish might be another option, its got the texture of meat and another mild flavor if you overcook it.

top kek

Awww its not bad advice. Its just one of a million places to start.
And the taste is a bit of an expected one from a shellfish. I personally find it to be a very clean taste. As we know though, all palates are different and do change over the years. You'll eventually find some type of tasty sea monster. Here in Louisiana we usually start with catfish (blue cat, don't even fuck with nasty mudcat.)
And then the kiddos usually move to crawfish after that when the season arrives.and if ever buying crawfish, do NOT buy foreign import. Their harvesting and farming/raising techniques are fucking...subhuman.

>Wake up
>Don't eat breakfast
>Go to your local sporting goods store
>Buy fishing accoutrements
>Buy fishing license with a trout stamp
>Find a trout stream
>Fish into the afternoon
>Don't eat lunch
>start a medium sized fire
>Cut the head off the fish
>Gut the trout
>score skin lightly
>rub salt in scored skin and inside body cavity
>sprig of dill and a couple lemon wedges in the body cavity
>set your fish in a medium dutch oven and set it on the fire
When it smells done it's done, this should cure you of your tastelet-ism

not bad advice at all. scallops are one of the few things from the ocean I dont have a palate for, and I will eat a raw quahog the size of your fist.
The one shellfish I never got into, but still a little different.

tuna steak
swordfish steak

Sushi is what finally convinced me to eat fish

Unironically a spine tingling post

>he doesn't like seafood
ladies and gentlemen, this is THE mark of a manbaby pallete

I've been fishing maybe 40 times in the last 15 years and have caught a few crabs (which snipped my line before I could land them), a poisonous dragonfish and an even more poisonous puffer fish which inflated itself and had to be booted back into the sea. every other time ended in frustration. if only fishing was as easy as you imply.

Fish is high in heavy metals. The only reason to eat it is that you like it. If you're wanting omega-3s get some chia, flax, hemp, and algae oil. Fish don't manufacture that stuff. The origin is algae they or their food eat.

git gud

You're like the people that won't drink eggnog because 'ew raw eggs'

>be you
>order fish and chips (cod)
>Wtf I love fish now

If you want to learn to enjoy any food just water fast for a bit then only permit yourself to break the fast with the food you want to learn to enjoy. It'll start tasting delicious

Mackerel?

Just experiment with different cooking techniques. Pan fry, get that skin crispy. Roast with butter/lemon/rosemary. Fuse with recipes you already know and love. Like tikka masala? Have it with some tilapia instead of chicken. You'll definitely find a few methods/flavours that work for you and while doing so, you'll be passively re-training your taste buds so win-win.

Good on you for not resigning on fish, OP. That shit is delicious and you'll be glad you made the effort.

oh shit i forgot!
yeah OP should start with mackerel and sanma, THEN sardines and the rest. perfect gradation of dat oily saltiness.

Id go with steelhead or if you have the money to blow a nice fatty king salmon

Just make sure it's fresh, then you won't get a nasty hit of that fishy taste. Battered cod, tuna or deep fried calamari are entry level seafoods that won't trigger your aversion.

It's already been said, but salmon fillets are pretty much ideal for someone who doesn't particularly like seafood. Salt, pepper, lemon, grill it or pan fry it.