Can you get Diabetes from eating too much fruit?

Can you get Diabetes from eating too much fruit?

I go through 2 bowls of oranges a day.
But they're fresh from the market, can you blame me?

I just can't help eating those juicy oranges, so sweet and so soft.

Yes, my A1C skyrocketed after i stayed in Caribbean countries eating a bunch of fruits

i don't know if you can get diabetes from them but i remember seeing some tlc documentary on fatties and the nutritionist talked about how the fatty in question was basically telling them that they loved oranges and how it was confusing them how they weren't losing weight by eating a healthy food and the nutritionist said yes oranges are a healthy fruit but if you eat 12 of anything in a day you're going to gain fat from it.

hope that helps

>I go through 2 bowls of oranges a day.

What are you bowel movements like?

Lol i bet they're insane. His poor toilet ;_;

Probably, that's a lot of sugar even if you're getting the fiber with it. Oranges are amazing though so can't blame you for binging on them.

I'd cut it down to a bowl a day just to be safe.

Double it. What most people don't know is that blood sugar rolls back to 0 when you get 100 points. Diabetics are just stupid fucks who insist on cruising in the 90s.

they were chocolate oranges

My cat is a diabetic. Dumb fuck decides to stay at a 27 glucose level instead of hitting that sweet 30 reset for cats.

fruits are literally candy

Can I blame you for being a fat fuck with no self control? Of course

I challenge you to eat oranges faster than I can drink n soda

just the thought of having a blood sugar in the 90's makes me panic a little

You digest the sugar that's in fruits differently than the processed sugars (high fructose corn syrup)

That's a picture of a mandarin

no you can't get diabetes from oranges alone unless you're eating a retarded amount daily. Oranges are mostly water. Orange juice from a box is a different story.

thats completely wrong

>Can you get Diabetes from eating too much fruit?
Yes, but not as easily as sugar or refined carbs. Cut back on that shit long before you cut back on fruit.

>I'm eatin good a swear I don't know why I'm fat :)

classic fatty denial

Other user says they were chocolate oranges
12 real oranges would be about 700 calories.
Fruits have a lot of calories but doesn't seem like as much as people seem to think.
Now look at the nutrition.
2000 calories of oranges would give you 40 grams of protein
170% calcium
213% copper
106% magnesium
164% potassium
309% B1
131% B2
213% B5
196% B6
319% vitamin A
319% folate
2515% vitamin C
And those are just the ones in which it exceeds the RDA, for most other vitamins/minerals it comes close to hitting it
Cola? Doesn't hit the RDA for anything with 2000 calories. Only comes close with iron 74% and phosphorus 77%. Everything else is almost 0%.
3.8 grams of protein.
Don't compare that crap to oranges.

fruit was bred to be candy.

the wild ancestors are nowhere near as sweet. wild fruit fucking sucks.

Bollocks mate. Ever eaten a wild strawberry? So much sweeter than the big ones you get in shops. Wild raspberries and blackberries are always beautiful too l. I'm not denying theres a lot of selective breeding that goes in to fruit production but natural fruits are still super sweet.

>literally literally no long means literally

Sure you could. I'm sure there are some fat people out there that have. Let's say you ate 20 oranges every day or whatever the equivalent of a 2 liter bottle of soda is, but you bite and squeeze all the juice out and spit out all the pulp. That's not filling at all, so you'd still probably eat other food. Nah, you could definitely get fat from fruit if you're dumb about it.

This. Wild strawberries and blackberries especially are much, much better than any cultivated ones.

That's because the new varieties are bred not for taste but ease of transportation, looks and how long it keeps.

you will get pancreatic cancer like that retard steven job

You could eat 20 oranges a day and not gain weight..

Having a similar problem

Those are the same cultivar though, just not harvested at the right time and gassed to keep them 'fresh' for sale.