Si/ck/ Edition

Fighting off something. Getting some soup fixings ready so I can cozy up and ride it out.
Broth should take around 6 hours to get happy, just in time for dinner. I'll post progress updates; nothing else to do.

Post your favorite si/ck/ eats.

Sounds good man, soup or a good braise are always my go-to sick foods. I hope you have another tray of bones, though- that'll basically be a veg stock with a touch of chicken flavor otherwise. You usually want about 4-5 parts by weight bones to mirepoix.

And she's off to the races.

I'm way under the weather at this point, so I just picked up one of those rotisserie chickens and butchered it. Not visible but I also have the backbone on the rack under that tray; spread it out so they roast, not steam. Should be plenty of bone.

So we're an hour in now. Found the sweet spot temperature wise, low. Just gonna let it go for 5 more hours. The color is just fantastic. In the pot it looks really dark, but that's because we roasted our bones and veg. In a smaller quantity, you can see it's that golden, rich color that we're looking for.

Dished out a little, salted, and it tastes great. Really looking forward to getting this stuff in my fat sack.

Looks good op

Going on 4 hours now. Stock is getting much deeper in color and less translucent. Taking on all those delicious flavors.

Bones are gone, so getting the final steps going.

Strained stock

Back on the stove with veg and chicken. Not going to add noodles since they'll just get soggy. If I want noodles in them later I'll just cook some up and add it to a bowl with the soup.

That's all she wrote. Going to eat and sleep.

this goes dummy hard lol I'll bump

bumperino

>dummy hard

wuz that

What are orange circel?

Baby sweet potatoes

It's like parsnip, or arugula. Can't remember the name. Tilapia?

however would've loved to try your concoction, doesn't seem to be that toxic.

here's my sick soup recipe
>chicken with bones
>leek
>carrot
>parsley
>a little garlic
>a little onion
>a littel ginger
after the broth is 'happy' I'd add brussel sprouts, carrot, cauliflower and/or broccoli. usually I need only a very little amount of salt since the flavor of the vegetables is so strong. add wheat noodle and chicken meat, add egg in any way.

Also sick here. Would kill to try that, looks great.

probably miniature oranges, OP said he was sick so that's more vitamin C

10/10 on a sick day

When I was a kid and I'd get sick, my grandma would bring me chicken posole verde soup from a local health food store. I learned how to make it because it's so tasty, and I think the acidity/spice helps with congestion.

I actually do exactly that with a rotisserie chicken for the broth lol. Shred the meat and simmer it in for a bit in a puree of roasted tomatillos, jalepenos, serranos and onion. Then mix the broth in and add some hominy and simmer it a bit more.

I forgot the cilantro, there's a ton of that in the puree too.

very nice job. looks amazing.