Do you feed your doggos treats?

Do you feed your doggos treats?

raw bones and occasionally some peanut butter

I love my pups

No, I don't want them constantly anxious and that's exactly what "treats" do. Dropping food at random unpredictable times keeps them forever in scavenge mode and encourages them to engage in annoying behavior like begging and standing in your way whenever you go near the kitchen.

I cook for them, though. I stopped feeding them "dog food" kibble after I started doing more research about it. Not gonna try and convince anyone but here's my general menu for them:

>3 parts meat: chicken, turkey, duck, tuna, salmon, beef, or bison (it's cheap here)
>1 part vegetables: celery, spinach, broccoli, carrots, kale, chard, whatever is in season
>fresh herbs
>always ginger
>maybe some well-sourced fish oil
>maybe some peanut butter powder
>eggs
>maybe some sweet potato or apple
>shred it all, mash into meatballs, bake

They are easy tasty hot meals for my doggos that store well in the freezer. I don't worry too much about vitamin supplements or any of that nutritionism shit. I am, however, very careful about doing research before I feed them anything new.

No spices. Too risky given where most of that shit comes from. Maybe a little salt but that's it. It just feels so good to see them so hype about food every time and to know they're eating something I'd gladly eat myself.

This was very interesting, user, thanks. My dog does all that shit but I only give her supplemental food after coming in from pooping or peeing, after giving a command and I'll give her a bite of my food when I'm finished if she didn't beg or whine once during the meal.

dogs shouldn't eat grapes

I used to work at a vet clinic, our biggrst client started her 30 or so dogs on a raw diet, likr just whole chicken breasts bone and all, it worked out surprisingly well for her and she never really had much of an issue with it.

tell that to the pupper

In all honesty I know I can feed it to them raw and they'll be just fine (if not better) but it's just so much more cleanup that I'm willing to deal with. I'd go from washing their bowls to washing their bowls plus washing the raw meat prep materials plus washing the area they ate in plus washing where I keep all this raw meat in my fridge. If I cook it then it's just meatballs in a container that I microwave and serve.

Good to hear, though. Who knew real food was better?

My bigger concern was how expensive it was, but both her and her husband were marine biologists who could afford to do such things with having 30 dogs and a shit ton of reptiles.

They're worth it, easily. Feeding my 3 costs about $15 a week (based Costco) which is not bad at all. Maybe more if I get them fancier cuts. Plus if you can't afford to feed a dog, why the fuck even have one?

Yeah, I've always disliked people who fed their animals really low quality dog food like Ol Roy or Alpo, shit's terrible. I'm not saying they should buy the most expensive brand, but you can still do better tham bottom shelf.

Shoot dogs. Kick them. Grab them by the leash and lift, strangle them. Grab one by the paw and squeesh until you break a finger. Or atleast pull their fingers back and break a nail. Feed them their tail, they're too stupid to not chew on it. Punch them in the nose and cranium. Watch them spaz out on the floor. Break one rib. Break one leg. Feed them their own shit. Then shoot it.

You need serious mental help.

>feeding the troll

can i be ur dog

Dogs are filthy creatures I would never let one near my restaurant

are u the same faggot shitting up /an/
ure not funny and i hope u die slow and painful

Rude

No one is going to eat your kebabs anyways

My Jack Russel goes crazy for raisins.
It's nice having a treat you can both share.

-.-"

>I cook for them
That's sad

Peanut butter, slathered all over my anus.

Grapes and raisins are bad for doggo kidneys.

I spend 15 minutes a week making food for them so I can be absolutely sure what they're eating is good. Would you eat what you're feeding your dog?

>sad

My dog is heavily food motivated, so I need a lot of treats in training that aren't too fattening or unhealthy. Here are things that she really likes
>slices of carrot
>Small pieces of kiwi
>bits of boiled liver
>Sweet potato
>Dried acorn squash
>Bits of boiled chicken
Not saying she doesn't go apeshit for junk food like cheese and milk bones. Sometimes I buy her a pig ear. Her absolute favorite though, is salmon. About once a year I buy a fillet just for her and bake it

bahaha!! user pls you make me cry

We feed our GSD doggo 7 shredded tortilla breads, 3 boiled eggs plus milk to make everything easy to eat. Once a month I would feed him chickens boiled in turmeric water (to disinfect the thing)
I really think I should feed him more variety, I don't know how good dog's sense of taste is, but he'd enjoy the experience

We feed our GSD doggo 7 shredded tortilla breads, 3 boiled eggs plus milk to make everything easy to eat. Once a month I would feed him chickens boiled in turmeric water (to disinfect the thing)
I really think I should feed him more variety, I don't know how good dog's sense of taste is, but he'd enjoy the experience

Cooking the chicken and salmon....user I

This is a very good and nice person