Bread is too hard to make

>always takes too long
>want it tonight for dinner but takes 24 stupid fucking hours to "rise" and all that bullshit.

plan your shit, bro

My dick rises in 5 seconds lol
Feed on that, bitch. Lol

I think you might be making your bread wrong.

>start making bread for tomorrow today
>do this every day

Problem solved

By a bread proofing box.

just plan the night before. i started this loaf of rosemary garlic sourdough last night, baked it today. i've just started another loaf (sourdough with fig and walnut, a new recipe for me) that i'll bake tomorrow afternoon. it's really not hard, user. you can always bake a loaf, slice it, and freeze it. then whenever you want bread you can thaw a slice.

>By a bread proofing box.
you know what works great? a cardboard box and a clear plastic bag. a large aluminum roasting pan + plastic bag also works.

Rapid-rise yeast takes less than a hour, exact time depending on the ambient conditions.

>rosemary garlic sourdough
you're trying to make me horny, aren't you

;)

You don't have to make a bread that takes all night to rise?
There are plenty of breads that just rise for an hour or two and turn out fine.

Recipe for the first one?

>50g starter (i keep mine in the fridge and feed it once a week. i fed it about two days before i made this.)
>500g bread flour
>375g warm water
>10g salt + additional 10g warm water
>1-2 large sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
>5 or so cloves garlic, minced

dissolve starter in 375g warm water, add flour and mix. autolyse 30 min. after 30 minutes, add salt, additional water, rosemary, and garlic. pinch and fold to incorporate. stretch and fold every 30 min for 3 hours, then cover loosely with a towel and let rise in cool area for 8-10 hours.

after dough has bulk fermented, turn out onto lightly floured surface. preshape, bench rest 10 min, shape and place in banneton. cover with a plastic bag and refrigerate a few hours (however long you feel like it takes for it to proof, i did about 7 hours).
preheat dutch oven to 500F, score dough place in covered dutch oven. immediately turn heat down to 450F, bake covered 20 minutes. uncover, bake additional 12-18 min.

wait, shit, typo. bake *30* minutes covered, and 12-18 uncovered.

sourdough takes me 6 hours
instant yeast is just an hour after kneading
I havent noticed any difference if I wait longer

Unless you want a really fermented sourdough, or a super matured gluten network for making a pizza, you don't need to take 24 fucking hours to make bread. More like 5 tops.

How do I make whole wheat bread not suck dick?

>ITT NEETS have plenty of time to make bread
>ITT employed anons find it's hard

If you're employed then buy your bread at a bakery. Otherwise spend the >4hrs making bread.

It takes at most 25 minutes of actually doing things to make bread. The rest is spent waiting. I am a neet tho.

>The rest is spent waiting.
or folding, or moving it around from proofing temp to cold temps to room temps...etc.

get a bread machine with a timer built in, i put shit in it the night before, and when i wake up there is fresh bread waiting for me.

I legit don't get this. I bake my own bread and yes, of course there are variables, rules, and circumstances to consider but when I find myself in a situation where I need a bloody roll to just scoop up some soup in the next 30', I literally just toss plain SR flour, salt, herbs/spices of choice (complementary to the food), an egg if I'm feeling it, knead for like a minute and toss it in a cold (at first) oven for 15', turning once. It absolutely is subpar to anything "properly" made but it's still tasty as hell and gets the job done. Why overcomplicate things?

How does it feel to not be able to survive 200 years ago?

How does it feel living 200 years in the past?

1) Make a big batch of dough
2) Let it rise the first time
3) Split it up into loaf sized portions
4) Put those in the freezer.
5) Take one out in the morning to thaw and do a 2nd rise.

As long as you use them within a week, they seem to work fine. I've been doing this for years.

here, just pulled this fig and walnut sourdough out of the oven

LMAO U FUCKING TOLD HIM M8 #MLG

update: it's very good

this desu

You know you can make bread with baking powder right?
Takes two minutes to throw ingredients together.

amazing looking bread bro, I love a good sourdough but it's hard to find it here. copy pasting your recipe. is sourdough starter sold in grocery stores? I assume it's not just yeast

100% flour
57% water
2% salt
2% yeast
1% oil
Mix till it's 28 degrees
Cover for 20 minutes
Shape it
prove it to desired height (maybe 30 to 40 mins for a basic Vienna shaped loaf)

Make a soda bread.

Just attempted bread for the first time last week. Pleasantly pleased with the results.

Wtf is that?

Thanks, Tasty.

make it sourdough, and either just use a mix of white flour and whole wheat flour, or if you're going to use 100% whole wheat, give it a sift to get rid of the biggest bits of bran because there's just too much bran to make good bread in pure whole wheat flour.

>less than 75-90 percent hydration
>Proofing for less than 12-14 hours
>straight dough
>oil in formula instead of a very light amount to lube up containers only

It's bakers delight quality white bread recipe that they charge almost $4 a loaf for so giving out the way we do it is a good thing

>that'll be $59.99 plus tip sir
There are places where you can get sourdough starter but you're supposed to maintain it yourself, not use it all and buy more, so you might as well just start the starter yourself as well. All you have to do is add a little whole wheat flour to some unbleached white flour, mix it with water, and then replace half of it by weight every day until it starts to smell like yeast.

>4$ a loaf
damn what a rip for such a shitty formula
Would pay maybe a couple burger bucks for a sad loaf like that if I was desperate, but if you just need some simple simple bread I guess making that formula would be quick and easy enough in a pinch

>How do I make whole wheat bread not suck dick?
1/3 of the recipe should be whole wheat. The rest can be bread flour, I like Pillsbury bread flour. it is very high quality flour, and very cheap.

Ferment the whole wheat portion overnight in a sourdough culture. make it 100% hydration and use cold water. I have it in a tupperware-like container, with the top cracked slightly with a weight on it, so the gasses escape and it doesn't explode, or dry out.

Guess you haven't been to a bakers delight aha :p it's not cheap

>tfw too lazy to start bread the night before and finish it the next day
>tfw too lazy to make bread in one day

yeah, what this guy said. you can order starter from a site like King Arthur Flour, but it's easy enough to make your own (i made mine using rye flour)

No one here is complaining about making quick bread friend.

>50g starter
You lost me there, man. I'm still stuck on dry active packets.

>uses a breadmaker
Get out of this thread.

>lol