Favourite kind of sushi?

Favourite kind of sushi?

Tempura roll cause inside of my lvl 23 skeleton body is a fat american who can only tolerate greasy or fried foods

I agree but for different reasons. I just like that they're crunchy.

Sashimi. Or any of the house-special rolls with all kinds of crazy stuff in them.

I always get a roll with avocado, and a roll with Japanese pickles (don't remember what they're called) with some clear broth. Super healthy lunch, and always cheap at my local place

Omakase. Trust the chef.

California roll

Spicy tuna. Simple, not too heavy, spicy, delicious.

Ume

Can't go wrong with tuna or salmon nigiri. A bit of escolar every now and then only hurts a little bit, and is really quite delicious. Eel is great too. If I get a roll it's usually something simple like spicy tuna. My favorite place has some really interesting special maki that are pretty good, but nigiri are the standby for me.

Sashimi. I just wish it didnt cost me fucking $8 per 3 pieces.

Mackerel nigiri.
holy SHIT that stuff is good.

I just like tuna and salmon nigiri

I REALLY want to try herring nigiri.

raw herring is tight as fuck, I think it'd work really well

this and yellowtail too for me. I always try one of the less popular ones and they just aren't as good (or not fresh enough)

Sushi is crap.

all food is crap

great input to the thread, user

Even the Japanese know sushi is a meme that retarded westerners fell for hard.

Anything with unagi

Negi toro

weebs eat up crap

Anything with crab

The one where the "chef" only cooks rice.

inarizushi

Not my favorite, but the conveyor belt place nearby has sushi with corn and mayo. Bretty gud.

Favorite would have to be the wagyu roast beef stuff they only have in for fall.

I like rolls with uni on the top, topped with eggs, yellowtail.

+1
also love aburi salmon nigiri atm

I found a chinese place that actually makes really good sushi, that had like 50 pieces of inari out. I ate till i had to take a fat ogre shit, then ate myself sick again before I left. its one of the foods that sets off that ravenous frenzy in my head.

Probably placebo but the best sushi I ever had was in Tsukiji Market on vacation. Hard to beat some toro nigiri from there

Tamago

Wrong. Japanese love sushi.

more onion

California rolls are the most generally liked sushi
Love a good cali roll

I can't choose.
Salmon, salmon roe, uni, mackerel, natto, tamago, scallop...it's all so good.

its like $3 for two pieces here, it's easy to spend a lot of money on inarizushi -____-

Eel or salmon

the ones that don't infest me with brain worms

so no Chinese sushi

Maki roll

Like this but ebi-avo.
Shrimp, avocado, wassabi, piled with onion and mayo on top.
Dip that shit in soy and it's truly The god tier morsel.

>brain worms

Salmon

The dessert sushi at the Chinese buffet down the street from where I live

just your basic salmon nigiri. I'd be happy eating just that.
Why is salmon so good raw but when it's cooked I hate it to the point of feeling nauseous and compelled to spit it out?

Maguro nigirizushi, with wasabi between the fish and the rice.

Without question, the God of sushi

Pretty much anything with mackerel.

Tamago maki.

big mac roll

Dragon rolls

Uni or amaebi are the best.

Salmon, creme cheese, and advocado. Also the salmon is cooked because I don't want worms

ur mums cunt

Anyone who just said anything other than fatty tuna shouldn't be allowed to eat sushi.

All the rest of the sushi is appetizers leading up to the fatty tuna. You know I'm right.

Try mackerel. The taste is very close to pickled herring.

I bet you eat pickled dicks all day, faggot.

Yeah, you tell him!

For me, it's the McChicken.

t. neckbeard weeb

>what is your favorite vinegar'd rice rolled up with nori with various fillings dish?
>oh, mine's a chunk of fish

Basic bitch nigiri desu

THIS

The Japanese pickle lots of things. You're gonna have to be specific.

This is how you end up as a stupid douche. Sushi has nothing to do with anime and japanophilia.

So grow the fuck up, just one day in your life. Stop being a visible human cunt.

The menu just lists them as Japanese pickles. I asked the waitress what they were once, but I forgot

These tb h fa m

Damn....that's deep

Scallop roll. Just raw scallop dressed in sesame oil. Simple and good.

Have you tried it flambé? After I got that, I never went back to the normal raw nigiri.
It's also my favourite sushi.

that's such a light sear that I can't see it having much effect on it at all, except maybe adding a slight bit of extra chewiness to the top

>flambé
don't you taste the butane or whatever fuel they use to fuel the torch? only had it once or twice, and never again wanted to have my nigiri flamed. maybe it was just 1 bad experience. i don't know. sounds like you enjoy it.

sashimi all day

I can't really describe it, but you can taste the oils of the fish better? Idk, it adds more flavour to the raw one as cooking tends to do, but you still keep the raw texture.

Not here, no. Might be the restaurant I think, as I've had it at multiple restaurants and never tasted the fuel or at least not enough to notice it.

Forgot to add, but I thought that they coated it in some liquor here and then set it on fire. I don't think they used torches at all.

maybe a higher grade restaurant would use some kind of food grade torch fuel that hasn't had the stink added (a lot of fuels like propane are actually naturally odourless, they add the smell intentionally so people can tell if it's leaking)

I love Mackerel

I think it's really funny Japanese consider it the number one sushi Americans hate

Long fish is best fish.

I LEIK AN HANDFUL OF RICE IN VINEGAR A SHEET OF SEAWEED AND A COUPLE SCRAPINGS OF CRAB ROLL FOR $900000

t. sushi eater

What's this referencing

I hate mackerel, which sucks since I'm from atlantic canada and mackerel is by far the easiest thing to catch almost all times of the year.
It's just too damn fishy, and I like fish. Fresh mackerel that was killed and prepared within hours has more of that gross old off fishy taste than any other fish has when it's been sitting in the fridge for 3 days.

Different person here, but you're describing maki

tamago
tempura chicken roll
teriyaki glazed steak
beef negimaki

It'd have to be eel or really good quality tuna nigiri.

How the fuck can anyone hate mackerel? It's delicious.

FRESH

its called aburi btw baka gaijin

so tasty

>go to random sushi place and they're trying to pass off day old dried out gross sushi on people
>[muffled chink noises in kitchen]
>go to a sushi place where everything's made to order and fresh
>nonstop nihongo desu
every fucking time

Gomenasai desu senpai will remember

I live in hawaii and my favorite sushi dish is the crispy spicy ahi maki, basically its a spicy ahi maki with sweet chili sauce and fried onion flakes sprinkled on top, its pretty god tier.

Cold herbal butter rolls. (Yes, they do exist in some places in Canada during winter.)

Unagi and maguro nigiri

It's technically not sushi but I like to make Okinawan sweet potato rolls with my boyfriend :-)

Looks good, I'd eat 'em.

These things taste like shit though, theyre so fucking sweet and it just taste like pure sugar and they have the texture of a nutsack

Love those shits.

For America, I guess I like whatever interesting rolls a place has (I prefer stuff with raw and/or spicy ingredients). California roll, if I'm at school.

I'm studying in Japan atm and I've been here since September, but have so far only had sushi from this stand by the station. Whoops. Gotta go to a proper place, I guess. I like salmon, tuna and shrimp nigiri a lot, though.

Saba & Ebi