Yo

Yo,

How do I become a bartender? You all seem pretty up there. up up tups.

You have to go to bartending school.

1) Be attractive
1a) Alternatively, own your own bar
2) Go to bartender "school"
3) Get your bartending license/certification
4) Serve people crappy drinks, blink confusedly when hipster retards ask for obscure drinks from the 30s

I'm an owner of a coffee shop. We got our liquor licence when the city started trying to make our city's shitty downtown a thing.

Since coffee is our moneymaker, we opted to have a small selection of craft liquors and have a small menu of the "classic" cocktails as well as a few of our own creations.

Since I trained my baristas to know their shit about coffee, it didnt take much to make them decent bartenders.

Nope. You apply to a bar in your local restaurant of your choice, pick up and learn from there. A bar certification earns you nothing beyond debt. You can learn literally everything you need to on the job.

You work at the Starbucks on Lakeshore, don't you

I started after serving for awhile and transitioning to the bar at the same place. I no longer work in the industry but both bartending and serving are very fun and decently paying jobs if you work somewhere good.

Bartenders are scam.sh it

literally anyone can be a bartender
thats why no one is bartender
find a real job loser

asuka worst girl

Get your bartending license.
Apply for a job at a bar/restaraunt
Done.

t. Bartender.

>regular at local watering hole
>unemployed at that time
>owner asks me if I can help out on a friday since I've got fuck all to do anyways
>Sure why not
>Zero experience though, apparently that's fine
>that friday asks if I can work saturday
>have been working friday and saturday ever since
>Got a normal job as well so two jobs now

And that's how I became a bartender. You could just walk into a bar you like and ask if they're hiring. If you make a decent first impression and don't mind long hours and don't mind doing non bar-tending work too like cleaning they'll want you. If you do get hired shut your mouth, don't complain and most importantly pay attention to everything.

1) I'm fat, ugly and balding
2) Learn on the job instead
3) fuck that
4) apply at a dive bar and just pour beer instead

Also Asuka > Rei.

I got my Smart Serve license online and never got a bartender/bar back job because I didn't have experience. Well, I will need to get the job first to gain the experience, those assholes. The only time I ever used my license was when I was promoting some shitty beer at a store for a few hours.

Get out of that, jabroni outfit

I'm a trap nyoro~n

Name one bartender whos ok

My brother got his license. You go to a few training sessions where they teach you how to make the 25 most common drinks and pay a fee to get the certification.

Start by getting better taste, filthy Asuka mutt.

Apply for a bar tending job, Pretty fucking easy.

Red would make an awful bartender
>I'd like a double gin and tonic, please
>Go fuck yourself, you'll a rom and coke
>o-okay

Don't ever talk about my wife like that again

Work as a server, wait until the current bartender goes on a coke-binge and quits. Pick up shifts as a barback. Learn to change out kegs of beer, mix drinks, and back up the bouncers when they kick people out.

And, when someone is waaaaay too drunk and asks for a shot, just give them fruit juice. Bartender is easily the best spot in restaurants/ bars, because you can kick people out. Whatever you do, don't spend money on bartender school. Why spend money on something you can get payed to learn on the job?

If you can prep some tuna salad, or mash potatoes, you can make a drink. Learn a few basics on the job, like an Old Fashioned, a Tom Collins, a Bloody Mary. Being a bartender is much more about people skills than actual cooking. Twelve people that want kamikaze shots is a lot easier to deal with than twelve steaks med-rare, three of them au poivre. Bartender is the ultimate deciding authority about customers. You'll have to deal with a shitload of annoying drunks, so you'll need customer service levels of tolerance.

And make friends with the cooks. They'll slide you some extra food, if you slide them a beer or a shot. It greases the wheels, makes everything go easier.

Your wife is shit

That's a nice deadpan blowup doll you have user. Where did you buy it?

I could come up with something clever, or I could go tell you to kill yourself

What will you choose, user?

Don't bully Rei posters, user, they have it hard enough as it is

post more rei

Post less Rei

>teh_rei.jpg

DIVIDE BY ZERO

I don't get it.
I think the anime girls can be fun to use as reaction images but I just can't imagine sitting down and actually watching the cartoons.
Even if the story is really good, and I can't say it's not because I never gave it a chance, the voices are insufferable.
It's always adult women trying to sound like schoolgirls on the verge of tears.
Different strokes I suppose.

Ayy, got 111 trips just like that autist in the screenshot.

Don't bother. Your brainlet self would even understand a fraction of Eva.

>Just get a job and learn it there lol!
Most places here will toss your application in the trash if you don't already have prior experience or a license.

If you ever run short of (You)s, go to /a/ and find their Eva thread, then make some outrages claim and wait.

>Veeky Forums - anime & manga

>3 legs

waiting on a guide on being a bartender

First step is not having shit taste

This guy is lying to your face. Every bartender I've ever hung out with got payed to learn on the job, changing kegs and such.

Nah

My roommate is a bartender. He was working the dishwasher before and then he just asked if he could switch.

>be me
>move to new city
>4 months of prep experience as a co-op student
>apply to a job at a university
>go to interview
>hired on the spot
>walk out
>signs saying only hiring students
>first day on job
>placed on salads and deserts

what an easy promotion from nothing.

I would rather pay for the school. I was a barback for 2 months, they are basically slaves

a ton of this depends on the type of bar you are intending to work at. I ended up at a very fancy cocktail bar with no prior bartending experience by first being a barback and then serving, all the while filling in when someone couldn't come in or supporting the bartenders when there was a particularly busy stretch on a wacky night. all the drink making skills were taught to me by the bartenders and there was a cocktail list you should have memorized (plus memorizing all of the basics).
I think it would be very hard to just walk up to a bar with a fancy offering of complicated cocktails and land a job behind the bar with zero experience. if it's a pub where it's just about pouring beers and making rail drinks (gin-tonic, vodka-soda etc), then it's far more plausible.
Note that I didn't have a serving license or alcohol certification, because my coworkers usually did - there just has to be one such person on the premises here where I am. But also note that the restaurant industry is hilariously unscrupulous and you can get away with all sorts of shenanigans.

so yeah, a more realistic trajectory, without prior experience, is to barback and.or serve before appearing behind the bar, though it depends on the venue. the divier, the likelier you are to be able to have shot at winding up behind the bar.

also, develop a tolerance/immunity to alcohol and cocaine beforehand, because if you don't, you might spiral lol.

I've never had alcohol or drugs and probably never will

tending bar might be a weird line of work for you then lol

the earlier comment just addresses that serious alcohol abuse and lots of drug abuse is pervasive in the service industry, especially in the bar scene. it can really screw you up if you don't have a place to find stability.

Is it that bad my guy? will it stop me from being able to get a job If I'm

Anime website

That doesn't even have anything to do with what she said

lol no. I've been a bartender for the last 6 months and I have literally never had alcohol in my life. If someone asks for a recommendation I just pull the answer out of my ass

no lol it would be fine. i think it's useful to taste your drinks if you're making fancy stuff to make sure you nailed it, but it's not necessary. honestly, if you can stay sober in the industry you'll probably do much better.
all the same to the customer so that's totally legit lol

for the record, why are you going into a field where you will have no ability to partake in your expertise?

Not that person, but the owner I work for hasn't had a drink in 30 years and I rarely drink a beer, and then only after everyone has left before we start cleanup. It's kind of an advantage in some regards.

are there people that actually go to fucking bartending school?

I am that person

They needed a bartender because two had just quit and no one wanted their shifts, so I offered to step up to bat. The lack of drinking doesn't have really any effect on how I bartend because I'm (90% of the time) just going off a set recipe