What do I make with this?

I got 8lbs of this since it was as cheap as beef. I've already made the obvious shepherds pie and gyro/Mediterranean spiced dishes.

Other urls found in this thread:

andrewzimmern.com/2016/03/14/curried-lamb-hand-pies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tacos

gyros

A Lamburger.

andrewzimmern.com/2016/03/14/curried-lamb-hand-pies/

>Woohoo!

ad pork and beef and make meatballs for meatballs marinara.

Add beef or not and make chili

Where the fuck did you find this? Explain, now.

isn't that just a gyro?
would but it's winter and fuckin' cold to grill a burger
will give it a try, thanks.
Nice, found Alton brown's meatball recipe that calls for all three meats, Do you have better?
Might try a chili with Mediterranean spices (fennel, cumin, cinamon..etc)
Kroger, they buy this shit and stock it regularly. But nobody buys it so it goes on a fire sale before the new stock comes in. You should see the deals I get on veal scalopinne.

Looks ugly and cheap so trash.

>Woohoo!
kek

came here to post this

The same shit the day before was 8.99/lb.

nice score, great bargain hunt user.

my recommendations:
freeze some, obviously.
lamb stew (carrots, onions, celery etc.)
lamb soup (lighter broth than stew but keep the fat in it)
lamb burger
lamb skewers

RAGU

Tacos are gyros are quite different. Very different spices, different bread, and usually different vegetables and sauces as well. Yes the basic structure is the same, but saying that makes tacos and gyros the same is like saying a smart car is the same as a pickup truck because they both have 4 wheels and run on gasoline.

Equal parts of veal pork and beef is my standard. i usually fry em up in garlic along with some sausages in the pot i'm going to make the sauce in and deglaze with wine.
honestly i'd do the alton brown recipe if you don't know enough versions to eyeball a recipe from experience. or find several that you like and extrapolate.

lamb not veal sorry. typing to fast to think.

Kofta

burgers are better pan fried

Adana Kebab

yeah but I have shitty ventilation, so whenever I cook hamburgers the apartment smells for 12 hours.

Went middleeastern spices again with meatballs.
Garlic
onions
cumin, coriander, cinnamon
with cilantro and mint.
yogurt sauce was pretty much the same spices.
And I have pickled onions and more cilantro out of frame.

Unsurprisingly it tastes like the gyros. Definitely going to go itialian this week since pork butt is on sale so I'll grind it up with the lamb and make italian meatballs.

... Do you live in Arkansas?

Lamb tacos, or maybe lamb chili. Or meatballs.

Swedish meatballs? Sloppy joe’s. Meatloaf.

GOD DAMN IT user I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR LAMB TO GO ON SALE AT FRYS FOR LIKE A YEAR. Is that from kroger/frys??

lamb tomato stew >>

• lamb (either turned into meatballs or sauteed so it turns into little bits, or you can use chops and sear them)
• big can tomatoes (I used whole peeled tomatoes w basil, crushed would also work)
• garlic – a lot – ½ a big head or a whole little head
• medium yellow onion
spices –
• crushed red pepper (a lotttt)
• a little thyme
• a lot of rosemary
• salt
• pepper
• oregano
• a little garlic powder
--------
Heat up a saucy frying pan (frying pan with high sides and a cover)
Put olive oil, Rosemary, Crushed red pepper
When really hot, put in the lamb - sear or sautee to get the flavors into pan, then take out.
Should still be oil left in pan, if not add a little more
Put in chopped garlic, and all listed above spices
Let garlic get fragrant but not burnt
Then put chopped onions (chopped lengthwise so they are strips of onion)
Add more red pepper
Stir all together till they look cooked enough and most onions are translucent
Add the tomatoes, if whole tomatoes then cut them up in pan
Let it all get mixed together and after a little while of stirring it, maybe 5 mins, put lamb back in, with juices, and cover pan
Put flame v low
Let it cook slowly on low flame and occasionally check on it/stir it around ~ 1 hour maybe 2

Serve w potatoes... or on top of spaghett...or whatever grain/starch u like
√ Delicious

By "big can" i mean the 28 oz size.

Also, When i made this recipe i used only 2 medium lamb chops and had left over sauce, so I would say you can include enough lamb for 3-4 servings.

Good buy. I routinely see it in the discount bin for that kind of price at Kroger here in MS because these whitetrash and nignogs are scared of it. My gain, I suppose. The value of it compared to what I have to put up with is subject to debate, though.