Rate this meal

Scallops, risotto and spinach Meg and I just made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVyhE3-_lCM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mush on mush with a side of mush/10

looks great. i'd enjoy that.

>btw I'm a lesbian xd

Anything on your scallops and what were they cooked in? What's in your risotto?

meg?

Additionally what's the transparent liquid on the risotto?

so wet its borderline goop
and the scallops are overcooked your only meant to sear them
presentation is atrocious
you cant do anything right

>risotto
>not wet
Where do you get your risotto from, user?

Three scallops is the right amount for one person, fatty.

Two is the correct amount in normal countries, three for Americans.

Looks about right for a starter but why does that rice look so undercooked?

Squid ink, microgreens, not enough scallops. These are several reasons I eschew culinary pretension.

who's Meg?

meg? meg where are you?

actually hard to rate your risotto because of the sauce on top of it.
however let me say this. Shake the plate and flatten out your risotto then put the spinach and scallops on for better presentation

>I eschew culinary pretension
Yet you use words like "eschew". You're a monster faggot that doesn't know jack-shit about working in a professional kitchen.

>two
General rule is odd numbers for presentation.

post Meg's feet

Risotto looks dry or presented wrong. It should spread out across the plate not be clumped up in the middle. Scallops don't look seared properly, and next time mix in the spinach with the risotto not like a side dish.

4/10 would eat but it doesn't look right or presented correctly

Not a risotto

Die in a grease fire

I had 5 scallops and a 4oz fillet mignon at dinner...

Am i fat?

probably. Everyone on this board that eats more than 50 calories per day is a hamplanet.

you wouldn't know a risotto if it crept into your mouth at night and pooped porcini into it.

Poraccio faccio risotti da prima che tua madre si facesse ingravidare da un negro
Translation: i know how a risotto looks like and thats not it

You need a hotter pan on those scallops.

The rice isn't risotto. You need way more liquid in there for that to even come close.

So you think it should be all dry and heaped up like in OP's pic?

Ew hell no i didnt even reply to op, that dish is to be served only to a dog that you dislike
But if theres no creamyness and if the rice can stand on itself its not risotto, also hard boiled egg and this "italian sausage" people insist to mention make me wanna puke

>Pretending to be a girl on Veeky Forums

oh so you decided to not be a faggot. i dont care if you speak italian. risotto can stand on it's own.
you think it's supposed to be wet to the point where it has no form.
No, there's a middle ground you idiot. Allonda isn't porridge

pic related. it's "Standing". but it is still loose enough to spread evenly.

you're fluent in italian and you still dont understand the middle ground.
this is the same risotto as pic relatedit's tight enough to stand and it's loose enough to spread evenly.

sounds like you've been eating porridge

nice mapazzone you got there buddy
mapazzone = really nice cagata fatta da americani del cazzo
keep up the good job

Enjoy your porridge.
if you can come up with an elegant way to plate an aglio e olio flavored risotto pls do tell.

Holy shit, he's back. Dude we're happy you can sell your risotto under the table to your friends and family because they pity you, but at least show some new pics for cred, you know?

Nice risotto, bruh. Would definitely nom.

im making peposo and risotto tonight. u will get new pics whether u want them or not.

thank you, i dont know why people detest it so much.
egg in risotto isn't really that weird.

Rice looks overcooked and far too dry to be risotto.
Scallops look like they could be overcooked and they have barely any sear on them. Use a hotter pan and fewer scallops.
It's hard to judge the spinach, but generally serving it in a separate pile will result in a horrible texture.
The unknown globs of pale and brown goo make the whole dish even less appetizing.

i think that risotto wasn't made with arborio rice. it was probably a risotto made out of some weird impractical rice.

Looks pretty good but not creamy enough.
When you finish it, try removing it from the heat when there are still a couple of tablespoons of extra stock left in the pan, use butter from the freezer and agitate the shit out of the rice until the butter has been fully emulsified.

i'll try toasting it less as well.
i make creamy ass risotto.
pic related.

Yes thats not a risotto. And all'onda isnt that, Sorry to hurt your feelings

Im fluent in italian because im fucking italian testadicazzo, also do you think that chopped parsley on top makes you some sort of elite chef? Give that to your dog and say sorry to him for animal abuse

please post one thing you make that looks better than this.

Dont talk down to somebody better than you.

I know exactly what all'onda is and i probably can cook better than you can.
pic related.

if it's any wetter than that, it's wrong.

opening it up to give you a better idea of the tenderness of it.
>also do you think that chopped parsley on top makes you some sort of elite chef?
No me being better than you does.

shut up, meg

ciccio, lascia stare, va'
punto primo non puoi metterci merda sopra e chiamarlo risotto, trovata americana?
punto secondo, basta co sto cazzo di prezzemolo, spring onion ed erbette varie, non siamo soyboy giapponesi o pretend-chef di sta minchia, non fa altro che rimanere fra i denti, finocchio

enjoy your mapazzone buddy, but dont call it risotto

thats perfectly made risotto, with good presentation.

This is why everyone hates italians nowadays

I'm not an italian. or have any italian heritage.

so you know better than italians about italian food

yes, i know much better than the italian claiming risotto is supposed to be incapable of standing on a plate.

what he's eating is practically porridge.
Risotto should be tight enough to stand, but loose enough to relax on the plate if shaken evenly.

Nobody claimed that. You made it up in your head.

>nobody claimed that
>But if theres no creamyness and if the rice can stand on itself its not risotto

>I know exactly what all'onda is
yeah and you learned to spell it correctly today thanks to me, you are welcome
literally all italians are saying he's shit
as long as you are happy that's fine
i dont take pics of my food because im not an insecure samefagging little bitch

Kys

>risottofag is back
can you please leave again and never come back
thanks

this. pig disgusting

Hotdog in paprika-bun, with jalapenos, feta and fried onions
low carb, baby!

>Implying the food looks bad.
You guys are so blatantly insecure
How can you even say it looks bad?
This looks fucking delicious

Somebody overcooked his scallops... Are you from middle America by any chance?

(you)
go crawl back in your hole and enjoy your watery risotto, fag

Someone in this exact thread criticized my risotto for not being watery enough.
You people are a joke.

Produce better looking food

I'm a sous-chef with 12 years of professional kitchen experience. Dick.

You didnt learn much

looks nice

love me some scallops

I wont put meat on risotto... they seem to separate dishes

this nigga has never heard of osso bucco.
meat on risotto works very well

Cojone, che c entra l ossobuco col risotto?

>Never made shrimp risotto

Were you home schooled by evangelicals?

speak english fool, stop bragging about knowing italian when you dont even know what proper consistency on a risotto looks like

Why people ask for rating, but then not accept critics? Better write "flatter my pic"

It looks diagusting, and not like a risotto

Calm down, idiot. There is clearly more than one italian on this thread

How can you tell Italians are here without the sense of smell and the ability to see how hair covered the women are?

You are funny cause you are idiot

I can tell it 'cause I hear your mother's screamin orgasm

is Meg your onahole's name OP?

The same way I can tell the majority of posters are burgers, I dont need you to display your lard-arse and sharted pants to know that

I can see this meat dish with some mashed potatoes or a nice polenta but risotto is overkill.

Nope. South African. Seems to me you are a bit dim.

Don t be so rough.. he never had a public health care, and now he lost also net neutrality.

You are southafrican and you talk about smell? Daaamn!

execution of risotto is weak, same for the spinach. also somehing's wrong with the scallops

looks kinda like a elementary school risotto, in other words, too dry

Can we stop pretending that being a native of a place automatically means they're an expert in cooking the food of their country?

Post pics of your feet as proof

>Can we stop pretending that people who invented a dish and eat it multiple times a week since when they are kids in a large varieties of places actually know anything about that dish? Instead lets be logic and trust ME who did things wrong for so long that now even considering the possibility of not being the best turns me into a buttblasted raging autist

Never go full mushaud OP

>It's another "Americans argue with Italians that the garbage they ate at Olive Garden is authentic italian food" episode

Heh, idiots.
I bet they don't even cover their pizza in ranch dressing.
You know, the way it's MEANT to be eaten.

wait why are you posting soup in a risotto thread?

>it's another "2nd/3rd/4th generation immigrants bitch about Olive Garden being not authentic and try to pretend it isn't fucking delicious" episode
youtube.com/watch?v=UVyhE3-_lCM

American immigrants are just as ignorant of actual italian food as any other American.

I just find it hilarious that when faced with people who know better than them how to make a dish they've made and eaten the right way thousand of times, some Americans scream and shout that they're wrong and that THEY are making it the right way.

I don't care if you like the American version of a recipe better, that's fine. It was literally made to cater to your taste more than the original did, it only makes sense that you'd like it.

But don't look like a fucking retard "correcting" people who know better than you what a certain recipe looks like when done right. A risotto that leaks water and can't stand up on its own was either undercooked or someone added too much broth.

That's a simple objective truth that OP somehow thinks he can refute.

Italians should not be allowed to talk about their food. They can cook it one way very well but they cannot conceive of anyone doing it differently, despite the fact that some nonna two doors down from them makes it with butter instead of olive oil, doesn’t salt the aubergines and swears on her life that this is the one true way while condemning you as an idolatrous heretic.

This little Italian bitch I know is constantly busting chops for using cream in carbonara and shit, but if you asked her to cook pasta she’d start cutting up an onion with a serrated knife, fry it in too little oil to keep her waistline, dump in some canned tomatoes then abruptly panic and throw in curry powder, precooked mussels and a white wine that turns out to be a syrupy dessert wine. The motherfuckers are just footsoldiers in their grandmothers’ cultural crusade, they can’t create, only propagate and denigrate,

>bitch i wanted to fuck turned me down so now i have to generalize her poor cooking skills to an entire country
cream has no place in carbonara, if you need cream to make it creamy you shouldnt be allowed near a kitchen, not even yours
i know you people get jelly because you have no identity and have to shit on anyone who tries to preserve theirs, but come on

l'ossobuco col risotto alla milanese è un classico, ma solo un imbecille lo mette sopra il risotto, così non puoi tagliare la carne senza spappolare il risotto