Whiskey thread time! Here are the few I have in my home bar and am buying more soon. Am I on the right track...

Whiskey thread time! Here are the few I have in my home bar and am buying more soon. Am I on the right track? Suggestions for my next few purchases?

Get some non snob shit next

Want to try japanese whiskey, but it's so expensive where I live, and I have heared it's not wourth the price

Just bought this yesterday. going to open it in a week. was I memed?

>monkey shoulder
>snob

what did he mean by this

What snob shit? The monkey shoulder is cheap as hell and a beginners scotch. The jap stuff is stuff that I'd just read reviewed well. The Willet is my dad's daily driver and is delicious. Not to mention not too expensive and way better than makers.

How much are you willing to spend on rum? What kind of rum do you like? Dark, black, spiced, gold, flavored, silver?

My only rum experience is normie shit like 151 and parrot bay. Would be willing to spend 50 to 75

I recently got all of pic related for free when an acquaintance of mine had to close their restaurant/bar suddenly. However, my go to whiskey is Canadian Club

Nice haul! Just make sure it's not watered down

new year's is gonna be so comfy
johnnie walker and anime

Anyone else ever crave whisky? I don't mean getting drunk or anything like that, but just really wanting to taste some in the middle of the day? I just had a couple mL of Bulleit and got back to working.

You like Canadian club? Try Chinook (it's an Alberta brand whiskey) or Crown Royal. They are great. If you like flavored Whiskey, try Reval Stokes Pecan. It's good.

No, it's fine.

Mount Gay is good, so is Havana Club if you can get it in your country.

Good choices for the most part. Give Alberta Premium a try if you can get it for rye.

Which type of JW? And what anime?

Havana club is good but expensive. Mount Gay is OK, not the greatest. I still prefer for cheap - CPT Morgan's or Lambs Navy. If I got a bit more money, I get something like Sailor Jerry's or Kraken. If I can even find it (very rare) Old Monk (Indian brand rum).

My thoughts on Kraken is that it's all marketing and not a great product

For th rum get Appleton Estate 12 if you can afford it, otherwise get Havana Club 7.

The last time I had Kraken I did not enjoy it, although that was a while ago now. I generally drink a lot more whiskey than rum.

Appleton Estate 12 year is pretty good too.

My nigga. I have a bottle of the 7 at home right now.

big dick Ardbeg 10 here make room for a real whisky you schmucks

Black Label and Hibike! Euphonium

>Not watching Record Of Lodoss War
Lad...

Current Whisky selection
>Glendronach 15
>Dalwhinnie 15
>Glenmorangie Original
>Glenmorangie Lasanta
>Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
>JD Gentleman Jack

Prefer (spiced) rum though
>Rumbullion
>Rumbullion Navy Strength
>Kraken

The navy strength is amazing. 57% and no need for water at all.

going to canada soon. cannot drink in my home country.

what's a tasty liquor? that won't make me throw up too easy?

Rye whiskey mixed with ginger ale or Coca Cola.

Although beer/coolers might be a better idea if you haven't really drank alcohol before.

what's a cooler?

Stat my Kentucky stock lads:

Basil Hayden's - Daily
Buffalo Trace - Richer alt
Eagle Rare 10 - Special boy

Premixed alcohol and fruit juices or soda pop.

>CURRENT SHELF
Glendronach 12
Ardbeg 10
Highland Park 12
Glenlivet 12
Balvenie 12
Woodford Reserve
Suntory Toki

Plus The Botanist and Koval for gin, the second best liqour

>Current Shelf
>Scotch
Johnnie Walker Blue
Johnnie Walker Platinum
Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve
Johnnie Walker Green
Johnnie Walker Black
Glenlivet 12
Glenfiddich 12
Glenmorangie 10
Glenmorangie Nectar D’or
Glenkinchie 12
The Macallan 12
The Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask
Highland Park 12
Laphroig 10
Bunnahabhain 12
>Bourbon
Angel’s Envy
Basil Hayden’s
Woodford Reserve
Bulleit
Jim Beam Black
Jim Beam Double Oak

And Jameson competes the whiskies on the shelf. Always looking for something new.

Hai guise, check out my stock of whiskey that is totally mine! I'm totally not lying about it or anything!

>Current Shelf
Everclear.

Totally legit, faggot. Old pic btw.

>canadian club
>alberta premium
man have you guys never had some of the nicer forty creek varieties or anything that isn't bottom -> lower middle shelf canadian rye before?

That's amazing! How often do you buy new bottles?

>di Amore sambuca
Mein schwartza. Is there a better value sambuca out there? I can't think of one.

>Current Shelf
Glenlivet 12
Laphroaig 10
Suntory Toki
Bushmills Red Bush
Bulleit Bourbon
Wild Turkey 101
Evan Williams
Old Grandad

Żubrówka
Gordon's
Di Amore Sambuca

it's got a very strong flavour so it lasts me a long time, best canadian whiskey, unless there is some super expensive obscure one I don't know about

Its good, but it's not the be all and end all of Canadian rye whiskey.

Try some 40 Creek Copper Pot, Canadian Club Chairman's Select, and Alberta Premium Dark Horse for a start, then report back to us.

>So much garbage

>Canadian whiskey
>e

Nobody that isn't autistic gives two fucks.

I try to keep it to one or two bottles a month, but the holiday deals I found were too good to pass up.

Btw, most of the bar was bought by the gf before we met. I started adding the whiskies, and we decided to buy that monstrosity to hold it all.

Just opened up a bottle of Toki.
Better then I expected, like a mix between scotch and Irish whisky.

What's the one that looks like a massive bong?
Also quit buying meme whiskey like Suntory, just buy Bulleit rye like a normal, non-autistic adult your age.

Toki is very pleasant.

>anything asian
I am 46/159th nippon btw

>tfw Ardbeg 10 is £35 in Sainsbury's
>bought 4 bottles
I regret nothing

It's Willett Pot Still Reserve. And the Suntory is head and shoulders better than Bulleit. Have you ever tried it?

For the past few nights ive been drinking canadian club with cold water and pineapple juice/syrup (from a can of pineapple chunks). Thoughts on this?

>all these people falling for NAS whisky
If you simply need an ethanol delivery mechanism, Popov is very affordable by the handle

As an alternative you may wish to consider rehab

Sounds interesting. I really like Caribbean rum with pineapple juice but I'm not sure how whiskey would go. Canadian whiskey is pretty neutral tasting so could be alright.

>>all these people falling for NAS whisky
I don't mind it when it is done right and the product is actually good (Laphroaig QC, Ardbeg Uig and Corry), but when it is a half arsed money grab that really annoys me. I'm looking at you Laphroaig Select.

A thick MC Ride sold me Red Label Johnnie Walker for $16

Its baffling that youre so in to alcohol yet so incapable of picking a decent bottle to add to your collection.

Let me guess, you watched a Ralfy video and now youre an expert.

Whats your problem with NAS?

>ask for bourbon neat
>get Jack Daniels
Am I the only one who thinks this shit is foul? I was under the impression it was for mixing. Not a connoisseur here, but coming from Maker's Mark or Woodford Reserve, Jack tastes really bad.

Why dont you just specify what you want?

Is that another millennial YouTube e-celeb? Sorry, not giving you another click

I wouldn't go so far as to call it foul, but the usual Old No. 7 on offer is their entry level spirit.

Gentlemen Jack is the next level up, and a lot nicer for drinking straight. They also have a signature "Single Barrel" line which I haven't tried, but look to have decent reviews.

You post on an online board discussing whisky yet havnt heard of the person who is probably the most well known whisky reviewer on Youtube?

Saw you avoided the question though.

You’re right. Opinions come from YouTube and reddit. Yes, Ralphy said nice things are a scam. Who needs a mouth when we can be told what to think?

>TFW never heard of Ralphy before this thread
>TFW enjoyed a couple of his quicker reviews
Breddy nice videos. I like when people aren't super pretentious when it comes to blended whiskys.

>can't buy havana club
is america really like this?

Are whiskey stones and bourbon balls a meme?

Gin is better

Which gin?

I have a set of whiskey stones, and I think they're total garbage.

Your best bet to have cool, not severely diluted spirits is to get a big ice ball/cube mould like the ones pictured here to make ice that will last a while.

Yup. From what I read online you can bring back Cuban spirits for personal consumption, but they can't sell it stateside.

Retard.

I own these. love it.

could use another set since my wife broke one of them

Same here. Highly recommended.

I've got them, and dont really like them.

Personally I like to swirl some water inside my glass, just enough to get the inside wet, and then stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes. It chills enough to cool the whiskey, but adds a lot less water than if you were to put an ice cube in your glass.

Anything that he can't find at his local dive bar for alkies is snob shit to him

Only good Willet is the birthday bourbon and up.
Toki is shit, if you want jap stick with Coffey Grain and then add Amrut Fusion for Indian
Decent haul. If you like CC the Bulliet Rye is alright
I had that a year ago as I only drink as much as to make me chill and not drunk and my parents thought I was a full blown alcoholic like my grandfathers were.
Now I barely drink twice a week.
Good choices, also Flor De Cana 7 or Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva are good choices.
Liking Ardbeg doesn't make your dick bigger Chang.
>cannot drink in my home country.
Go back muzzie
>no super high quality bottles
M8

Also since we're posting shelves mine currently is:

>Glendronach 8
>Dalmore 15
>Glenmorangie Lasanta NCF
>Laphroaig 10 CS
>Glen Grant 1988 43%
>Dalmore Cigar Malt
>Auchentoshan Valinch
>Bruichladdich Laddie 10
>Longrow Red Shiraz Cask
>Lot 40 Cask Strength
Used to have more but my friends had some fun with my other Springbank bottle

No no no... don't use ginger ale. Use ginger beer. And never ruin Rye whiskey with Cocacola, that's just blasphemy.

Get some whistle pig and breckenridge... or bulleit cask strength. Thank me later.

I'll be sure to let all those real men drinking rye and cokes and rye and gingers at the bar know that an anonymous stranger on the internet said not to.

Seriously though, why would you give enough of a fuck about what someone else decides to mix with a twenty dollar bottle of whisky to try to chide them over the internet.

Not that user, but I disagree. Much prefer ginger ale to ginger beer if I am going to mix it - ginger beer is too sweet and kills the flavour even more IMO as bourbon is already sweet enough. Tried Bulleit with ginger beer once and it was sickly, really good with ginger ale though.

scotch and water, never use something with sugar to mix!

>whistlepig
Isn't that just rebranded alberta premium?

Gin and tonic. If you want to try whisky you are probably best trying the Canadian stuff due to price. If you want to try Scottish whisky then stick to Highland / Speyside for the first time, maybe a nice Aberlour or Glenmorangie.

Frozen Patron? Is it to improve flavor? Thicken it up?

In fairness, no, I'm just biased against people posting anything Japanese on Veeky Forums because, you know, weebs.
I've never tried Suntory but based on the colour and grain, I'd believe she's a smooth drinker.

Sorry Was for you

I like it ice cold but not watered down. Seems smoother when it's cold

It seems smoother because it dulls your taste buds.

I really like bourbon and scotch, but I'm too poor to buy anything but Jim Beam and Johnnie Walker red label

What am I missing out on by being a poorfag?

Seconding Glenmorangie. Beware prices on scotch, though. I doubt it's just here that the price varies wildly.
Where are you, what do you like, budget?

Current state of my whisky selection. I tend to go through it and cook with some oddball stuff, so it changes fairly quickly, but there's usually some Bulleit and Glenmorangie on hand.

Live in northwest ga, bourbons are my favorite but I've been getting into scotch lately (something about that really smoky peaty taste is so great for winter nights), and my budget is between 50 and 100 per bottle.

Oh, if you like the heavy smoke and peat, check out Ardbeg and Laphroaig. Islay stuff has quite a bit of the iodine, too, but it tends to be bigger on the smoke and peat than highland. Highlands will have a little more subtle smoke and peat usually, with more grassy or straw tones, sometimes a little sweeter with apple, sometimes more nutty or woody.

Thanks!

Okay. Then I'm getting the desired effect. Thanks, I guess

Got into the sample of Kilchoman Machir Bay that came in my Flaviar box and absolutely loved it. That's the kind of peaty smoky taste I am really loving about scotch. Had a glass of it with a large ice cube in front of my fireplace and it was perfect.

I apologize in advance if this isnt the right place for this but can I get some decent bourbon recommendations? I'm fairly new to the bourbon game.

Why did the friend close suddenly?
Does it have to do with the mob?

The Willett Pot Still Reserve in OPs pic is the absolute best in that price range. Plus the cool decanter.

I'm about to open this up after I'm done with my only beer for today. I'll return with my opinion of it.
Before this I've only had the regular HQ.

forgot pic