Deviled Eggs

What say you Veeky Forums? Do you like Deviled Eggs?

I am making 48 of them today and bringing them to a holiday party. The instant pot helps make the peeling easier and I use a little bit more mustard and slightly less mayo.

Who /deviledeggs/ here?

Use black garlic with the yolk mix.

>black garlic
is this a real thing and why is it

I've never had a deviled egg. They always seemed pretty gross to me. Same with egg salad. What is in the yolk other than mayo/mustard/paprika? I should probably try one, can I come to your party?

explain instant pot thing. Do you pressure cook them and that makes them peel easier?

>48
24?

Exactly correct. 6 mins cooked, 6 mins natural release (steamed) and 6 mins in an ice bath. They come out perfect

Yep. Each egg makes 2

high or low pressure?

Add a little white pepper the paprika that you're gonna sprinkle on them or even add a little to the mix.

If you want to try something a little different use togarashi instead of paprika (dont use the white pepper tho).

How would you not make good deviled eggs without a bit of mustard? For that matter, you need a piping bag to make them look cool (you can do that with a plastic zip-lock bag with the corner cut out of it.

Have you pickled any eggs with beets lately?

I like them a lot. I've put a sliver of lox on them before and people really gobble them up. I always feel like people categorize me as a fag when I bring them eventhough I'm masculine, but they still eat them.

Add chopped pickles and a splash of pickle juice to the mix

that's eggs-actly what I'm making for a potluck this Friday with smoked salmon from Aldi

OMG I just tried it and it came out perfect and peeled pretty easily. Thank you based user!

such a strange offering
a 1950s abomination that withstood the test of time? I'm just not sure
its a weird thing to give to people as a treat. "here have some eggs"

I've never actually seen them outside of my own house on easter when there's so many eggs that need to be eaten quickly
although we have deviled egg salad where I work, I actually don't much care for it its very soupy and has too much dill

I used to hate these as a kid but tried them again last year either thanksgiving or christmas. then I proceeded to eat 6 of them in a half hour, they can be quite tasty when prepared correctly

It's always been a big hit when I've brought them. Even if someone else brings deviled eggs mine with the smoked salmon slivers always go first.

>6 of them in a half hour
look, like little babby

>smoked salmon slivers
fuck why didn't I think of that

yeah it's garlic, but you put it in a jar and let it sit in a pile of mushroom shit for a few months.

what if you use cream cheese instead of mayo. and put a couple capers on it.

could be good, worth an experiment

lol what no. heat + time.

They are the best egg. Unless you use dill, then fuck off.

I made these southwestern style a while ago. I think it was just sour cream instead of mayo with some avacado and cilantro (in the mix and on top)

What is called a gay egg?...

Feg.

High

It's fermented and aged.

deviled scotch eggs are otherworldly

Holy shit

Honestly can’t think of a food I hate more. The smell alone makes me gag, never even touched my lips to one of those foul-smelling things. There’s not a single food I refuse to try but deviled eggs.

Just add bacon crumbles.

no faggots allowed, I'm sorry no.

has science gone too far?

I’ve had them with a touch of wasabi (gross) and we used to get them from 7-11 with relish (very good). I grew up knowing the relish kind as how a deviled egg should taste.

scotch eggs have too much meat on them. i'd be down for a very thin layer of intensely spiced sausage. this would be great if there was just slightly less meat though.

When boiling the eggs how do you get the yolk to stay at the centre? All the eggs i boiled had their yolks at the edges.