Crohns disease

crohns disease

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S7wqqEtBlNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>itt
fake diseases invented to sell overpriced "health food" products

Autoimmune diseases suck. I've had two now, luckily not this shit.

Ya know, we didn't invent this stuff, it's always been around but didnt live long enough to find out, died from some other complication, run over by mule/packyderm stampede, or diagnosed with with one of those mysterious sounding maladies like vapors or consumption. I bet this one was called "chronic thunder".

>intestinal fistulas

>confusing crohnes an caeliac

I heard B12 helped

I wish celiac disease wasn't real. I have it.

cant you just not eat bread? does that not fix your symptoms?

pretty much, but you wouldn't believe how many foods you miss out on when you can't eat wheat and the likes. I have to get specialty hipster gluten free bullshit that doesn't taste the same, but at least with the hipsters making avoiding gluten a fad its really opened up my options

fug you're right I did

I wouldn't be surprised because I have gone completely grain free as well as many other restrictions for crohns. if i could just stop eating one food and be cured i wouldnt even consider it a disease.

I feel for you bro, but just avoiding eating gluten doesn't completely cure me. I still have problems with absorbing nutrients and my intestines are fucked

yeah ok thats what i was wondering. i kinda figured it was like that, otherwise celiac would be a non issue

I'm someone who was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and honestly? Nothing helped it at all so I eventually gave up on trying to fight it.

>couldnt have caffeine
>processed sugar
>dairy
>ruffage
>nuts
>corn of any kind (tortillas included)
>diet was basically potatoes and rice
>constantly bleeding, down to 150lbs at 6'2
>stop all the limitations and stop worrying gradually over a few years
>eat more of what I want
>homecook daily
>symptoms disappear completely
>gain all my lost weight
>eat anything I want to

These illnesses (IBS, UC, many inflammatory issues outside of digestion) are real and often they are caused by stress in your own mind / deficiency. Crohn's is different entirely and children can get this (The solution is to remove portions of colon in severe patients. Adults getting these things in their early 20's need to look to stress management, fulfillment, holistic remedies and lifestyle changes. I regret every prescribed drug I've taken, natural remedies and lifestyle changes work better. The millenials and retards that shit a drop of blood and think their life is over are giving people with actual issues a bad rap.

Gluten is in everything, even Smarties for fuck's sake. Stop a second and reread what you're saying.

it's super Jewey, right?

How bad is it if you eat gluten? Would eating one sandwich for example be enough to set you off?

>intestinal fistulas

Probably shouldn't laugh but it never fails.

Oh sorry didn't realize I was faking the chronic pain and diarrhea 5 times per day, I'll stop now lol

He meant this type of guy

Fellow celiac fag here since '08.

You get used it. You can still have plenty of delicious food. However, when I see someone eating donuts or croissants I get a little jealous. It would also be nice to have some good onion rings.

However, the silver lining in this is that it forces you to clean up your diet so you end up choosing healthier options out of necessity. No big deal.

Colitis sufferer here too.
I've had a flare up that's lasted like 2 months now and a doctor visit scheduled for Tuesday where I'm gonna be prescribed Prednisone cause my Lialda and Canasa(suppository) aren't helping.
So best case I just have a lowered immune system for however long I have to take that shit and worst I puff up and gain a bunch of weight because it's a medicine they also use to treat some cancers.
I'm kinda scared

You should look into helminthic therapy (basically infecting yourself with a dozen or so hookworms -- they sip less than a teaspoon of blood a day, and they can't increase number inside the body because the eggs have to incubate in soil).

It's already in phase 3 clinical trial.

I've been given prednisone lots of times for severe eczema. I've never taken it for more than 2 weeks at a time, and they usually start you off on a high dose and taper the dose down to 1 pill at the end. It makes me feel really good at first, like minor aches and pains dissipate and I have energy, and when the dose is lowered I turn into an real asshole. I've never had any of the scary side effects but the mood swings are legit.

Can someone make this into a virginchad meme?

>stress management, fulfillment, holistic remedies and lifestyle changes
Funny how many people will not acknowledge what's genuinely good for them.

>aka what happens when whites are too proud to squat to shit

>It's already in phase 3 clinical trial.
Link?

>It would also be nice to have some good onion rings
So? Get some cornmeal and make some. God you celiacs are the whiniest bitches. Being allergic to wheat isn’t a ducking disease

Growl!

Not that user, but...
One sandwich would have me shitting blood. The amount of gluten to set a person off is fucking minescule- buttering wheat bread and using the same knife for my food would do it. A whole sandwich would fuck me over, but crumbs are enough to set me off too.

That's why the upper boundary amount for something that's gluten free can't contain more than 20 parts of gluten per million parts of other stuff. That's not even visible to the naked eye.

jakciee chan had coronary disease

Dont eat meat or animal products. If you have this problem you have weak herbivore genes and a long intestinal track meant for soyboys

Same poster you replied to here!

Lifestyle changes helped me, though I can understand if someone is unable to do that. Mine was a harsh job - that said working there I could have made OTHER changes that made that less severe - I chose not to until later when I got an easier one.

Prednisone is good (Commonly used for LOADS of things from this to allergies to cancers), steroids are always helpful and minimally dangerous. Canasa that you listed gave me acute pancreasitis, and didnt fix any of my problems. If I didnt have insurance the ER visit would have cost me seven thousand dollars for a problem far less severe than moderate blood shitting - and caused by the doctor.

He then tried to put me on some medicine that causes skin cancers and shit so I said no and left. I highly, highly recommend grilling your doc and finding out why they push certain meds. Obviously its relevant to your degree of suffering, but steroids for flare ups are tops. There is an over the counter suppository steroid that works better than the prescribed ones. I forgot the name and am out.

I was young and stupid when I first went, be vigilant and research for yourself. If the doctor STARTS with scripted drugs and doesnt question your lifestyle, stress, diet, life experience (And its not so severe you cannot function) then you should ask them how they feel about traditional remedies. If they have no opinion, I'd leave and try to find a new one. They should at LEAST have an opinion.

Dont squat now bud and my shits are bomb. Went from splatter and snakes to fat dominant logs - you know them in your shitting streets, it smells to bad to go by it? I take Chad shits.

Moderate/Severe Crohn's disease here. Already had an ileectomy, remission for 4 years now with Humira every other week. Just need to eat healthy and keep my stress low, and I don't really notice it anymore. Sometimes I get a real bad case of the shits, and a random joint will start to get sore but it goes away.

Hol up bro
get some guar gum and xanthane gum and mix it in your choice of gluten-free flour (like rice myself)
you can make very convincing pastries

Guar gum and xanthan gum are really bad for crohns. Not sure about celiac though. Just a heads up

>crohns disease
I always considered IBS the precursor.
LowFODmap diet works for me. Taking it easy on veggies. Meats and starches are awesome, cooked veggies that aren't on the high FODmap food lists. Salad kills me. Onions, garlic, dairy, eggs, kind of limit them. I adore bread, but I do better with potatoes and rice as my starches.

I pray I don't get this. My grandmother and a father both have Crohn's and recently my brother got diagnosed with ulserative colitis.

Put him in the hospital for 3 weeks. I watched him lose 70 pounds basically over a month. He has tried every single drug that is available and nothing really works. Has to take enemas every night, always in and out of the hostipal etc. He's planning on getting his colon removed now because it's not worth dealing with it.

I'm 90% sure I have early signs too. Had to go to the hospital, and shit pure blood for days. I feel okay not though and that was like a month ago. I was supposed to get a colonoscopy but I'm terrified of the results and haven't gone back, which is dumb I know.

I feel for you guys. This is a horrible disease with far to high of a stigma.

That’s not a good way to think of it imo. I was perfectly than boom one day I was sick as fuck and found out it was crohns

Don’t get a scope unless you are actually having bad symptoms. Scopes can really exacerbate the disease so you might end up waking a sleeping giant

Man, my condolances to anybody who has bad Crohn's or Celiac. I used to think I had it bad with IBS and bad lactose intolerance, I'd take 10 shits each day but they would at least be mildly diarrhea and mostly solid. As long as I don't eat restauraunt foods or sauces I'm fine. My IBS was definitrly an excuse to learn to cook my own meals.

There are a lot of folks who have really bad symptoms. I hope you manage to find a way to cope. It really sucks, I grew up with farmer style parents who didn't understand these kinds of stomach issues, who'd purposely put spices, milk, etc in my food because they believed that ingesting more of that would make my body get used to it. It didn't and it made me so much more sick. But ever since I started living on my own at university and making my own meals I feel amazing. Find what foods work for you, I make my food as simple as I can and I like it.

No proof? That's because what you said is literally false.

Is that the one where you pee rocks?

No this has to do with taking shits and your intestines. A friend from my old highschool has this disease and I never knew how bad he had it until he literally removed a large portion of them, he now shits in a bag and is a lot happier about it.

How the fuck can you be happy about missing a significant length of intestines and shitting in a bag?

Yeah it's real healthy to never let go of something that you can't change and remain upset because of it. Just imagine how much more successful Stephen Hawking would have been if he became a bitter little shit obsessed with the fact that he's wheelchair bound for the rest of his life

You still don't have to be happy about shitting in a bag. I guess you could "not let it bother you" but I'm pretty sure every time he changes the bag he dies a bit on the inside.

Because they plan their life around the locations of bathrooms so they don't shit their pants. Shitting in a bag doesn't come with the same urgency.

TFW 23, really bad chrons and cluster headaches.
My father has these too and he's dying of colon cancer in a year. It fucking sucks.
All of you friends seem to think this shit is made up but when I just fart constantly and it's smells like he devil they blame me and shit, like I have some control or something.
Some how I've managed to just deal with the cluster headaches pain, although it basically immobilizes me. I feel like a walking defect, and it's seriously affecting my desire for children. I wouldn't wish either of these on my worst enemy, how can I put my child through that?

Sorry bro :-(
Is he doing chemo?

He has a chest port, so that seems to be his treatment. He's slowly getting worse, his chronns flares are close to 15 times a day.
Nobody deserves this, anons.

That sucks dude, have you considered getting a daughteru instead? You could spend your days on /a/ arguing with pedophiles that she is not for lewd.

just personal experience. Colonoscopies have always made my flares worse

You can also do that even if you don't have a debilitating genetic disease. It's a good way to waste time until we all die.

Had a good chuckle.
Only persons I've met that was accepting/understanding of my conditions was my best friend (died of heart failure last year, 22 years old) and my gf.
Girls last tour is comfy af.

I thought crohns was pretty rare, a lot seem to have it or know somebody who does.

I guess my spicy shits that make my asshole bleed aren't that bad after all.

ksuskyskssmmstbshsm

crohns guy who started that other thread a few days ago

I'm going to try an ant-inflammtory diet

currently on humira and methotrexate injected, as well as 20mg of the deadly prednisone but lately been feeling like shit. have a dr apt tomorrow she will probably start me on stelara

>getting kids with something like that
user, that's not a life worth living. You shouldn't get kids and you know that quite well. Don't be so selfish to put another generation trough this shit.

>chronic thunder

>tfw ulcerative colitis
I feel you UC and chronsbros

Why does this seem common with people on Veeky Forums?
I feel this is as much of a disease as obesity

If we are/were basically agricultural for centuries now how the fuck do you end up with such a disease?
Do you feel it would be better if you went out as Darwin intended?

Oh my god, tell your bro to get that fucking colon out of there! I was in the exact same situation as him.

Seriously, his colon probably looks like a cancerous diseased black ball. Yank it out and don't look back. I've got a J-pouch now (look it up) and I take three pills 2x a day (2x fiber and 1 anti-diarrheal) with no dietary restriction. I shit about 6 times a day but I'm back to my old self. Yes I had an ostomy for maybe a few months while my gut recovered but it was totally worth it.

I'm trying to save your bro's life here man

Make that millenia.

When you dont have to take 30+ shits of blood a day living on gadorade and protein shakes so you dont die of malnutrition during a flare.

>how can I put my child through that
Exact same fucking thought. Nobody should know what its like on their first hard flare. Losing track of time and changing your sleep cycle to several power naps a day because you wake up from the pain every hour. Havent had a bad flare for a while but if it were to happen again Id probably kill myself. Cant afford it/ deal with it.

i feel you bros, I've almost given up on dating, much easier to avoid it than having to explain to her that I'll be in the bathroom for 30 mins every 2 hours

Gluten is in a lot of things. Especially in western society. Even drinks have gluten in it. Asian diets not so much. Especially south east asians and japan.

Someone needs to do a Chad edit of this

eating a sandwich can be lethal for some

well my outlook is looking grim, shes suggesting i may need my entire colon removed and a permanent bag in place.
guess i'm never having sex again

Then don’t have kids, easy choice. You’ll be way happier without them, everyone gets miserable after they have kids.

Real disease co-opted by opiate addicts in order to have a convenient excuse for the side effects of their addiction

>Adults getting these things in their early 20's need to look to stress management, fulfillment, holistic remedies and lifestyle changes
I'd literally be dead right now if I had followed your shitty advice.

You can actually live without spending half your life in hospital if you get the stoma.

It's terrible that it had to happen, but thanks to medicine I can actually live an enjoyable life, whereas without I would have been in living hell before an early death.

The virgin crohns disease vs the Chad gastroenteritis

You have a bag? how is it?

Is there some sort of inside joke about fistulas I'm missing here?

I have an ileostomy. Technically reversible, but it may never happen. The bag is fine to live with, it's not painful or inconvenient and doesn't really take much time to deal with. My only regret is the loss of freedom in physical activity. I can't lie on my front. I can't hug my girlfriend properly. I have to fuckin' armor up if I want to get involved with any non-predictable physical feat.

youre already listing things that are worrying me. So sex and intimate moments will never be the same. what about beaches or swimming? or general clothing wear? Baggy shirts forever?
The idea of getting a bag is depressing the hell out of me because for 12 years I was in remission and in just this year alone I went from great to severe critical condition

I worked in a kitchen with this dude who had chrohns disease. He would leave every five fucking minutes to take a half hour shit. Then on his lunch break he’d eat super spicy cheesy things, never any vegetables and come back to the kitchen to resume his career of shotting on someone elses dime. Fucking hated that lazy shit talking crohnfaggot

>never any vegetables
Vegetables are what you're told not to eat on a low resisue diet you retard.
What's easier on the intestines isn't the same thing as normal "healthy" foods. It's almost the exact opposite of that since the goal is to minimize residue and most health foods are very high fiber / high residue.
>shotting on someone elses dime
When your intestines have been ulcerated from inflammation you don't have the same ability a normal person might have to just take one shit a day any time you feel like. Should he crap blood filled diarrhea into his pants so he doesn't waste time? Fucking idiot.

The character(mac from it's always sunny in Philadelphia) has a bike that fists his asshole

That sounds like me at my last job. Was it an expensive burger chain perchance?

On the bright side you'll have the cleanest asshole since you won't be using it any more. Opens the door to rimjobs

nope, i got skin tags. i just cant win

youtube.com/watch?v=S7wqqEtBlNc

This 100%

have you had a food allergy test?

It's becoming more common. Our food is poison.

You fucking faggot I had to get my colon removed because it got so bad.
Fuck you it is real.

>That's what the bitch gets for jerking the football away from Charlie Brown.

>virgin crohn's disease sufferer

Elaborate? Im not saying this is 100% the case. I was saying simply that the majority of "im glucose intolerant!" idiots who see a doc for shitting blood need to look at this. My other posts acknowledged extenuating circumstances wherein people need extreme medical help. My posts were a warning to people with temporary stress to not indulge into prescriptions. Had I given into the doctors advice Id literally be dead right now. That is my point.

Just adopt, all these bozos telling you that you shouldn't have kids at all don't know what they're talking about. Adopt a white South African orphan and save the kid from real poverty and a shitty life.

>Had I given into the doctors advice Id literally be dead right now
You're spreading misinformation.

I have a friend that's been living with that shit for 5 years now. He can't eat steak anymore and wore a poo bag on his stomach. He's got two more bags because the doctors opened him up again and has 2 more holes. Plus he's lost weight and looks like a skeleton. I really hope someone comes up with a cure, I don't like seeing him in pain.

These two "arguments" do my head in.
I've lived with this shit (literally) disease for 15 years now, and there is still no end in sight to the retards who willfully refuse to accept that things like this can happen, or even exist.
I've had (and won) dozen of arguments about toilets, hospitals and sick leave. And I know full well that once the current manager moves on I'll get to go through the entire pantomime again with the new one.

A low residue diet is great for your innards, but it is fucking tedious to live on.
I miss apples so damn much, and juice/flavouring just doesn't cut it at all.

But even worse than that is you have to avoid chili and any of it's derivatives like they're fucking kryptonite. Even the tiniest bit WILL fuck you over hard, and it's in fucking eveything now.
The spiteful bellends that make our food now actually use paprika as a colouring agent in preference to whatever they used to use, thus rendering a ton of stuff into literal poison. AND they don't even label the fucking changes.
This caught me out when a tin of plain tomato soup (which is normally safe) caused me to cramp up and not leave the toilet for 3 days. And I only found that out when I fished around in the bin to look on the fucking ingredients.

So yeah. You have to check literally eveything you buy or get given before you eat it. And eating out is a shot in the dark best avoided.