Shilling on Veeky Forums

These guys definitely shill their products on here right?

Which ones specifically are you asking about?

sip general is basically a monster marketing ploy

A1 shill failed miserably

for me

>coke uses genetically modified water in smartwater/dasani
my eyes are finally open, thanks user

not any specific ones, just with all the talk about shilling of various sorts on other boards I wondered if any anons had noticed something or seen evidence of it on Veeky Forums

Obviously, but don't let it get to you

Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's actually corporate shilling or people shitposting pretending to be a shill.

Short answer yes

How many people per day even visit Veeky Forums?

Its extremely improbable that any company pays people to post on Veeky Forums, though there are many examples of people pretending to shill for a company for comedic effect

Really? It would take some marketing new hire all of 30 minutes per day to shit up this place with a thread and it gets decent traffic

I think the actual shills are far more subtle than the pretend shills though: McDonalds threads are too blatant to ever be the work of an actual shill

can you imagine even pitching this idea to your boss? Most people are too embarrassed to even admit they are familiar with Veeky Forums, and this is one of the more obscure boards here

>these companies use GMOs
Of course they do, they make food, why the fuck would they not use GMOs?

>here are the top 20 (or whatever) english speaking forums
>we are going to create fake accounts there and post a lot about our product
Doesn’t seem like a stretch to me

It's this sort of retardation and lack of business/marketing knowledge that makes consumer watchdog groups a fucking tin foil hat party. No sensible marketing department for a big player consumer product brand is going to spend their budget on such a small, insignificant image board to shill products. Why? You can't measure a reliable success metrics, the target market demographics are largerly unknown, Veeky Forums is not a developed influencer platform like Instagram and youtube. The list goes on. They are better off faking product reviews on Amazon (which they generally avoid doing because of bad press) then posting on Veeky Forums.

on a related note, DASANI water is really delicious, isn't it? I love DASANI brand water. I'm going to go buy some DASANI water at my local grocery store right now!

The problem is you will never be able to track your success. If you engage in this plan, and there is an uptick in sales, you will not be able to attribute it to your viral shilling.

>lets advertise on the anonymous website primarily known for harboring pedophiles and racists
>specifically on one of the lowest traffic parts of it

>So can you project success on these platforms user? How would you do it? Who is using these platforms? Any market characteristics? Can you quantify any of this? Oh so what's the culture of these imageboards? Oh so this is the a PR powderkeg. Please pack up your stuff and leave. We don't need high schoolers on this team.

Its actually pretty funny when people pretend to shill for a company on here and some people honestly believe the posts are paid for

>2nd post
>1 hour ago
>no replies from sipfags

marketing ploy confirmed

stay bluepilled retards, I'm sure your experiences as dish washer and line cook give you a lot of insight into the business world

>Assumes we are either.

The bait on this one

That's part of their plan.