Post foods that take a long time to make

Post foods that take a long time to make
the longer the simmer, the better
Soups, stews, brews, sauces
whats your specialty?
Mine's a simple beef stew with some veggies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RVAX5pa6-SE
chefkoch.de/forum/2,57,219634/Original-Gulasch-Rezept-nach-dem-legendaeren-Wiener-Sacher.html
youtu.be/nJzDfRIb9T0
youtube.com/watch?v=mwOL-mhLCWE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I slowcook a swiss chicken casserole for 9 hours

My grandfather molested me. But he made a damn fine pork stew.

Post a picture of yourself cutie. You can call me grandpa in bed :)

Not a long time, quite easy.
1lb breast
3 hardboiled eggs, crushed
Package elbow macaroni
2 cartons broth, 24oz
Grate two carrots
Pepper
Celery, sliced
Parsley pretty necessary
Fine slice onions, sweet or something
And to turn it into chicken corn soup, throw in corn

Not original but having a week's worth of soup is pretty cheap, dank and freezable.

Wiener Saftgulasch - Viennese Goulash

1 kg beef (or pork, venison, lamb)
1 kg onions (or more)
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp. marjoram
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato paste
4 tsp. hot paprika powder
1 tsp. caraway
stock
cooking oil/clarified butter
salt
pepper

Cut the meat into cubes, then brown the cubes from all sides in a very hot skillet. Put them in a stockpot. Heat more cooking oil or clarified butter in the skillet you used for the meat. Dice or slice the onions as finely as possible, put them in the skillet and let them caramelize, then put them in the stock pot too. Add stock until meat and onions are barely covered.

Add caraway, marjoram, paprika, tomato paste, vinegar and crushed or diced garlic.
Let everything simmer for at least 1 hour, 2-3 hours are better for really tender meat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve with some boiled mealy potatoes, rice, white bread or some bread dumplings.

The best curries are the ones that take 2 days to make. So much flavour!

Gennaro's Italian land stew. But instead of the chili add two scotch bonnet peppers without seeds, and leave out the peas. WOW

youtu.be/RVAX5pa6-SE

whats the best way to make a pork tonkatsu broth in a slow cooker? can i just put pig feet, chicken, and pork belly in there for 12 hours?

You want to be able to ladle off the excess fat and scum or it'll make your broth cloudy as fuck and kind of funky, especially with all that pork fat.

Gumbo
>just gets better with time on a low simmer

Chicken curry
>same as gumbo

Bolognese
>6 hours on a low simmer is my minimum time standard

Most things you can get away with eating after only simmering for about an hour, but they won't have the delicate blend of flavor or textures that those long slow simmers provide.

>1 kg beef (or pork, venison, lamb)
>1 kg onions (or more)
Good start. But then it breaks down.

chefkoch.de/forum/2,57,219634/Original-Gulasch-Rezept-nach-dem-legendaeren-Wiener-Sacher.html

I work in a restaurant and one of the best and longest to make meal we have is duck confit. Here’s one I plated a while ago.

my sibling of african american heritage

kek. classic interwebz humor. i will miss you guys.

Don't do it senpai, there is too much food you haven't tasted yet.

Made a savoury Ramen and ended up with a bolognese.

Imagine being such a faggot that you repost old images as your own

This is my fucking image, asshole. I posted it before. God you fucking gutter slime are just worthless humans. Aren't you? Want me to post another?

That's my fucking pot as well, you fucking worthless fuck up.

>Pot of unidentifiable red sludge
Congrats user you're a top grade chef :]

It's being reduced, you fucking gimp. I'm sure you don't care you just want to sound like a stupid cunt on the internet. I know it's 8 o'clock on the east coast, but it's getting near beddiebies.

>beddiebies
cringe

He acted like a child, I talked to him like a child. Cringe all you want, dipshit.

>Being bitchy and hostile to everyone
>calling others childish
Im guessing you like Disney wars and have a beard huh

Christ you're a faggot

yep, internet detritus rising up with the cry. "I'm a piece shit, respect me!!!"

Lmao fuckin queer.

Get your dick sucked user, you'll feel better

keep typing your southern insults. Try, what.. gaylord, faglord, whatever you trailer park trash have from the 60s. You really are just empty vessels.

I'd recommend Chef John's beef goulash recipe.

youtu.be/nJzDfRIb9T0

everyone on this board should have an instant pot for stuff like this

>Southern insults
What did the queer mean by this?

I've made his Irish Stew, it's good, not great. Gotta let these children run their course and we can talk about slow cooking.

fag stuff, with gayness and support for pedophile senators. You know, Alabama life..

Excuse sir but you are mistaken. I am an enlightened coastal, not flyover trash. The semen must be clogging your soyboi brain

>soyboi brain

no one who types this exists in a modern culture. in your heart you're a childish male angry idiot asshole.

You realize you're a typing test for me. You're meavis beacon while I watch Taken over again.

You're the clear asshole here. How many "you"s is that?

>meavis beacon
>meavis
Guess you failed the test :^)

He's fun though. I like people who don't give up. It gives me something to do while I watch tv.

-1 for me! Pleavis Dindon.

>Watching tv
Fucking pleb

Yeah, Netflix is fucking prole level entertainment. Stop. Just stop, hunny. I really want to give you a hug at this point because you seem so fucking sad and miserable.

Don't make me feel sorry for someone I'm toying with on the net.

Netflix is for dullards in the same vein as network television. You're nothing more than a pig at the trough.

So you're sub 20 years old? No one talks like this that's an adult in any real way. You're in the "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME" phase of adolescence.

Lol what do you watch, "keeping up with the Kardashians"?

I don't know what you guys are arguing about but I just wanted you to know I don't own a television, nor do I use netflix. Also do not own a microwave, or a cage. The only wristwatches I own are mechanical, hand-wind (automatic is repugnant to me unless it is a bumper or something along those lines), vintage pieces, in the 34 to 38mm range.

I would also like for it to be known that I have stopped supporting Allen Edmonds, along with other US manufacturers.

The Wire, The Shield, The Unit, Generation Kill, The Deuce, Deadwood.. shit you wouldn't understand. I know you're a teenager, why not cut bait?

>He uses mechanical instruments
What an unsophisticated troglodyte. The only truly artisan method of time keeping is to use sundials.

>Posted from my Samsung galaxy using Tapatalk

I own 3 self winding watches. I also don't give a shit about that fact like it's a point of pride.

I was thinking about picking one of these up. Are they any good?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gasoline?

youtube.com/watch?v=mwOL-mhLCWE

>He was that creepy skiny pasty nerd in hs overly obsessed with military history and martial organizations in general.

You really need this, don't you. Holy shit. Do you need a telephone number? There's a national suicide watch number I can find for you. I'm not joking.

>self winding watches
Disgusting

Those are David Simon and Shawn Ryan shows, just because you don't really know shit.

>Holy shit. Do you need a telephone number?
Yeah lets start with your mother's.

Irrelevant

Another childish post. Dude. Stop sounding 15 years old and you'll be more effective at being a boring cunt.

Because you're too stupid to know anything about them. Knowledge is irrelevant to idiots.

To be honest, your fucking moron type is the new normal.

>if you don't know the producers of my favorite shows you are uneducated.
Amerimutts, everybody.

Yeah "The Wire" is some obscure, unimportant show.

FUcking grow the fuck up. You're so desperate and needy. You need to matter and be "on top" you sound like a goddamn child.

Stop being so tsundere

At the end of the day its just pop trivia knowledge. Calm your tits.

stop using japanese jibberish because it shows you're some fucked up counter culture dolt that wants to be someone he's not.

Tsundere.. cmon man. Don't spout that shit here. My highschool doesn't understand me! Black hair, black makeup, fat gut.

Wow. It's true. You restaurant people *are* a bunch of snarly bastards.

Then lets talk about the Westphalia Agreement. The Magnacarta, the collapse of the western part of Rome. I'm game...

Lets talk about how big your moms tits are.

They're actually very large. When she was young she looked like Linda Carter. Like her twin.

Not even joking. Today her tits are just ridiculous.

there's a warm spot in my heart for people who don't even know how to insult someone properly. They're like little ones that need to be swaddled. I want to cuddle you.

>I want to cuddle you

5/10, someone probably already fell for it

It's time to come to terms with your world. You can't adopt another culture and be free of your life.

So you shit humans just gave up?

>Pay attention to me!
Embarrassing.

Based grandfather

So, who came first, you or your grandpappy?

Did you get bored of these fuck ups? I'm watching A Few Good Men now, so you assholes can do what you do.

>ended up with a bolognese.
No, you didn't.

>ended up with a bolognese.
more like a diarrhea.

I like to dehydrate strawberries and put them in desserts. I'm currently putting some in white chocolate for my mum bc shes a fucking greedyguts

Strawbs take about 18 hours to dehydrate until theyre suitably crispy. They cant be leathery or else mold forms and thats shit

This is what happens when you're alone. You get angry and stupid.Sorry guys.

What?

is that a cock ring

can't go wrong with beef and equal amount onions might give it a crack

I prefer bones over belly desu

You were porked on both ends

French recipe, the 7 hours lamb gigot (also called the spoon gigot because it's soft enough to eat with a spoon)

1 leg of lamb
1 carrot cut in cubes
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
25 cl of lamb stock
30 cl of dry white wine
2 tomatoes cut in segments
thyme, laurel
salt, pepper
olive oil

1 in a pan, brown the onion, garlic and carrots in olive oil
2 deglaze with half the white wine and the stock and let it simmer
3 meanwhile, in another pan (or in the pot if it can take heat), brown the leg in a bit of olive oil, on all sides. It must be nicely colored
4 add the content of the pan on the leg, in the pot, add the tomato segments, the rest of white wine, thyme, laurel, salt and pepper. Close the pot and put it in the oven at 120°C for 7 hours
5 serve the leg confit with a spoon, with a potato mash or a creamy polenta, covered with the cooking juice

If you want to go the extra mile, you make a "dead dough" with 300g of flour, 15 cl of water and one egg. Mix until you get an homogeneous dough, then put it in the fridge for an hour. Then before closing the pot, you shape the dough like one long sausage and use it to seal the pot cover. This will keep the juices in.

There is no such thing as "self-winding" watches. They run by draining your life energy, that is what literally keeps them ticking.

You don't like the flavour of strawberry mold? You fucking heathen.

The plating is sloppy and the plate looks dirty

>Nothing like warm soggy plant shit all over my meal.
Why would you put greens all over a hot dish like that?

Chili can’t be cooked long enough or reheated too many times.

Brazilian-Azorean dish calor e barreado. Bovine meat, just a little bacon, white pepper and laurus. 18 hours in a clay pot. Nice thing about it is that you can reheat it as many times as you wish, the flavour and texture never changes.

>called barreado
Photo is not mine btw, I don't have any on my phone.

Plating is for shitty cooks to disguise the mediocrity of the food

Well the recipe is too sparse. So there's that.

Doesn't even mention paprizieren.

Marcella hazan bologenese
Always comes out amazing if you simmer for like 6 hours. A Chardonnay works well as the cooking wine, I prefer it to red if you're using all ground beef