Move to california

>move to california
>"the food out here is great bro!"
>no good pizza places
>Asian restaurants are no better just now there's two every block
>mexican isn't any better just costs more

Well you should at least tell us where you moved from. New York?

>Asian restaurants are no better just now there's two every block

No.

>mexican isn't any better just costs more

Also no.

t. never left california

How long have you lived there? If you're new, chances are you just haven't been to the good places. For mexican, look for the shittiest hole in the wall you can. They're usually the family run closer to authentic places. The best tacos I've had was just a window in the side of a building. No sign, no seating, just a window where you ordered and got your food, and it was fucking bomb.

>poverty masturbation posts
hnggg. You realize if you actually had a culture of your own you wouldn't jerk off to this cringe shit right bud?

Tell me. What state would you say has authentic "culture" ?

Did you actually buy food from a window?

Literally any state you fucking retard. Having "culture" isn't determined by how brown you are, all the shit that you bitch about on reddit for being "lol so white" is your culture, the problem is you've been told your whole life that's it's fake. Don't be a slave to their paradigm bud.

I love my hole in the wall taco spot. puts everything in a restaurant to shame. You really can't describe how much of step up it is.

bait? I hope so.
>poverty masturbation posts
Yeah, recommending places to eat based off of my life experience is me glorifying poverty or some shit. You make it sound like it matters if their in poverty or something.
>If you had a culture of your own you wouldn't jerk off to this cringe shit
I think this is an insult, i don't really know what you're trying to say.
If you think that I was doing anything other than trying to solve OP's problem of shitty mexican food that's overpriced you're just as retarded as you seem. I'd like to think that maine has some pretty nice food culture, but apparently that's "fake" and I'm a slave to the paradigm.

Being contrarian doesn't make you more enlightened, you god damn underage. When you grow up, you'll realize you're exactly as obnoxious and pathetic as a fedora tipper.
None of that shit has anything to do with the best mexican food being from shitty little hole in the walls, it has to do with the fact that friendly looking chain restaurants are designed to be bland and inoffensive as possible for marketability to boomers, and mexican restaurant food isn't meant to be 5 star sit down dining wearing fancy clothes, it was meant, from the start to be lunch food you buy from a stand and eat on the go. Of course the best of it comes from little hole in the wall dives, or food trucks. That's the natural form of mexican restaurant, just like the natural form of pizzeria is a two room diner on a street corner.

>"When you grow up"
>Proceeds to whine about boomers, the eternal villain for all snotty millennial.
You can't hide your underage, faggot.

Also, little secret restaurants are everywhere. I had two of them right near my house in semi-rural Florida. An Italian place and a Cuban sandwich place.

Nobody hear wants to hear your autism speak anymore. I hope you've already left Veeky Forums and made this board just a little bit better.

Also
Yeah, It was really surprising to me that mexican food could taste really good. Until I vacationed in California for the first time, I just thought it was shit. Super glad we figured it out, it's changed how I eat when I'm away entirely. Seriously, if you're ever in a foreign country, eat the shadiest stuff you're up to. It'll taste amazing almost every time, even if you get sick. It's worth 100% though

>Floridian
>is obsessed with making everything political
>also an idiot

Checks out.

..you realize the kids of boomers are in their late 20s at the youngest, right?

Actually, make that three. There was also the filthy diner with 20 different kinds of cheese-steaks.

>Thinks his age and status as a worthless brat is "political"
Also an idiot, indeed.

Yeah, but they aren't the ones who go around whining about "Dose FUKKIN boomas!"

Why do white people fetishize shitty ethnic joints so much?

i'm /pol/ as fuck but hole in the wall beaner places really are amazing. all restaurants hire mexican cooks anyways, its just the hole in the walls are making it like abuela, the restaurants its just about the bottom line and presentation

Regardless kiddo, I wasn't complaining about boomers, just pointing out that chains try to be bland and inoffensive to target them so your desperate reaching is invalid.

>get btfo
>"W-well REGARDLESS"
You're done, son.

God dammit, when will you stupid fucks just realize everyone complains about everyone else. It's not "whining about boomers" as much as it is being a whiny bitch, just like everyone else. Boomers complain about millennials now, they used to complain about gen x, millennials complain about gen x, z and boomers. I'm being a whiny cunt right now because you're being a whiny cunt about someone else being a whiny cunt. Just stop.

>stutter greentext

>It's not "whining about boomers" as much as it is being a whiny bitch
Yeah, but who they're wining about gives you demographic clues.

I wouldn't call him a millennial if he was whining about whitey.

>S-s-s-stutter greentext!
>With anime reaction
From done to overcooked, approaching burned.

If they're shitty I don't care about them, I just forget them and try some place new. But if you want to try authentic, good tasting food, which OP was pissed at not being able to find any, then these small, sketchy places serve food that actually tastes good and makes you want to go back. That's it, I have no clue how I "fetishize" ethnic places by offering help.

> That's it, I have no clue how I "fetishize" ethnic places by offering help.
You like many others act like the hole-in-wallness of the restaurant or how many ethnics are dining there is indication of quality.
This is ridiculous, the average spic day laborer is most likely a culinary pleb like every other average person and some shitty cook isn't any better because he's cooking in a run down cramped taco closet.

I get your point, but by calling him a millennial and whining about him whining, now I can call you a whiny boomer and it just goes in circles. There's just no point to responding to these people by doing what they're doing, because then you're just as bad as them. That's why ended it with "just stop". It's just silly.

Big places with lots of employees are probably having the food cooked by stupid teenagers who don't give a fuck and will spit in your food
Tiny little places usually have one cook who's an actual mexican grandma who's been cooking mexican food for her family for 50 years.

Most grandmas are shit cooks user.

only american grandmas.
And that's not LMAO WYPIPO or LMAO AMERILARDS that's just due to how the american food economy got fucked up by the great depression, and government/corporate meddling to recover from it resulted in all the packaged crap we're surrounded with today, and poisoned at least 3 generations with an absolutely horrible idea of what food and cooking should be.

honestly kys

boo hoo

>only american grandmas.
Nah most grandmas are shit cooks.
>shit habits
>no constructive feedback
>tastes are dulled by age

There's an annoying trend of people who evaluate the quality and authenticity of a establishment by judging how grungy the floors are. Like if the place is brightly lit and attractively furnished the food can't possibly be good.

I think it's all a reaction against bland commercialized mid-century American cuisine. And that cuisine might have been genuinely bad, but there's no need to go in the complete opposite direction and shun all trappings of modern civilization. You can make a delicious burrito in a sterile and well-supplied kitchen just as well as in a barrio shack.

This is why it's so hard to get mole, because hipsters think it's sacrilege to eat Mexican food off an actual plate.

It's not a way to magically tell if a place is good, I used the word usually because of course there are just shitty robertos clones like that. But I just wanted give a tip that would help OP with his search for good, reasonably priced mexican food. I've just had success with smaller places and a lot of people have said the same. Just think if it's a mexican dude who's been cooking the same recipes for years it'll be better than some 20 something year old getting underpaid in a dingy kitchen of a random mexican sit down place. That's the same with any food, not just mexican. I'm just trying to get people to go out of the way and find other places that could be good. Just like not all 15-20 dollars a meal sit down mexican places are awful, and some holes in the wall are shit. Finding good food is all about trying a ton of places and it takes years to find the best shit around. I just figured if OP hadn't tried it yet might as well recommend it to him to help him find good food.

Some shitty stall could just as easily be some random unskilled 20-something though.
>if it's a mexican dude who's been cooking the same recipes for years it'll be better
Honestly I'm not even convinced of this, the world is full of shit cooks who've been making the same shit food for year after year.

Shut up racist.

I'm racist for applying same standard to every cuisine?

it's like you aren't even reading my posts. YES OF COURSE ANY PLACE COULD BE BAD. YES, ANY PLACE COULD BE GOOD. What the place looks like doesn't directly correlate to how good the food is. I don't think any reasonable person thinks any of the above statements are false. But when OP goes to california and complains about shit food I just assume he only goes to shitty chain restaurants and tourist traps. With other people that have had good food at shitty looking places, I figured recommending small places is something he didn't try very often.
and is both not me and a complete retard. I'm actually trying to have a discussion

You're racist for making Red Tails, George.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said here, but California does have significantly better produce. Honestly though, the issue isn't with California doing certain types of food wrong as much as it is with the lack of good restaurants. It's nothing but chains, chains, chains in CA. There are so many great smaller restaurants on the east coast, and they're just not there on the west coast.

>>>Asian restaurants are no better just now there's two every block
Asian restaurants aren't that great in California.

t. Yuro who lived there for six months.

My dad's side of the family is fro California (part of the reason we live on the other side of the fucking country) but there's a really good pizza place in Pleasanton called "Garlax" or something, and their prego pizza is the goddamn shit. Also a great family-run Chinese place with the best damn mushu I've ever had.

Seriously though why would you ever move to Commiefornia? It sucks to live there, the only people moving there are lefties whov'e been lied to and Mexicans.

* The Mexican food is incredible and cheap though.

Asian actually means something different than what you've grown up thinking.

Really, it can mean anyone from Asia, which'll include most of your terrorist cuisines, as well as all the weird fermented Mongolspawn foods, every fucked-up thing out of China, your jungle asians, gooks, nips, and arguably whatever the fuck they eat in New Guinea.

So not Chinese/Japanese/Vietnamese etc.?
Only those filthy Anglos think of all those *stans first when talking about Asia.

>California
I hope the whole fucking state burns.

Honest to God it'd be the best thing possible for the rest of the US. The Wall will have to get a helluva lot longer, though.

Study this map well

Completely agree
>Look, I'm hanging out with poor people, I'm eating poor people food, doesn't it make me cool?
If you care so much about authentic food then learn to make it yourself, if you can't cook go to a restaurant but don't act like going to some poor families house to eat their food makes you anything else than a faggot

Again: I do not hail from perfidious Albion so there's no need for you to tell me this.

>Making it like abuela
You are disgusting

>U.S. annexes the California territory
>Conservatives looking for an honest living settle and endure in an inhospitable new state
>Sometime in the 20th century, within one generation the entire state turns liberal
Why

I don't know why people act like "authentic" food needs to be made by whatever flavor of brown person in order to be "legitimate". Half the goddamn taco trucks are run by Hondourans or Guatemalans or some other bottom-tier spic but the chubby bisexuals who post that shit to Instagram can't tell the fucking difference. It's just roast meat witch cumin and garlic and citrus, you can do the exact same at home you faggots.

Do you mean to include that chunk of Russia among Asians or no? I've always thought it was kind of weird that Russia doesn't seem to be thought of as Asian when it's such a large chunk of the continent.

Nobody lives there so it doesn't matter

But it's not dangerous and exciting if the food isn't made by someone who doesn't speak English in a place with a broken toilet that has been out of order for months and a floor so dirty your shoes stick to it right? That's what authentic means, a way for borderline babies who never experienced any hardship to look all though and cool
Look I have a beard and tattoos, I'm so manly, it doesn't matter that my mom breasfed me until I was ten