Is Lodge /ck approved? If not, what cast iron do you like/prefer?

Is Lodge /ck approved? If not, what cast iron do you like/prefer?

Go to the thrift store and get the oldest looking one/set you can find.

For 18 bucks who cares.
is 18 bucks expensive to you?

I recently bought a 10 inch Lodge skillet. It works pretty well, the season it came with was decent. I don’t regret buying at all.

I have a 10 inch Lodge skillet and a 6 quart enamel dutch oven. I've had both for several years and have not complaints.

I have a lodge 12 inch, no complaints

I've got a 12" lodge I bought in 2006 and its glass smooth now. I had trouble with it at first because I didn't know what the fuck I was doing, but now my fried eggs slide around like hockey pucks.

go to a flea market and find the ugliest, nastiest cast iron skillet you can find
throw it in a fire
after it cools, wash with soap and water
it will look brand new
season with lard. a very, very, very thin layer of lard
throw in oven on tree fiddy with cooking surface facing down
tree fiddy for one hour
kill the oven, leave skillet in oven. let it cool down slowly
wa la
>pic related

Had one for about 5 years now. Best 18 bucks I've ever spent on a pan.

>Is Lodge /ck approved?
Yeah they're good.

Can I wash Cast Iron?

Yes, just reheat it after washing to get the moisture out so it doesn't rust.

Lodge is the best quality wise I am aware of.
I have some bayou classic cast iron. Its better than the chinese stuff but the casting is rougher land lodge.
The chinese stuff i just use for lead melting and non food use.

I boil water in mine after i cook. All the chunks float to the surface. After that i wipe it (usually not needed) and put a bit of oil in it, heat it up, let it cool and put it away. You never scrub it.

Can't really fuck up cast iron, it is what it is.

aren't you supposed to leave it at max temp (450-500f) for the fat to polymerize properly?

Shills, all of you.
Get a cast iron pan that isn't pre-seasoned so you don't give yourself and your family cancer.

>throw it in a fire

Shut the fuck up you fucking retard.

Stargazer is best cast iron

> (OP)
>Lodge is the best quality wise I am aware of

Le Creuset shits on Lodge, but at an absurd price point.

I have a Lodge skillet but honestly prefer using a decent nonstick. I have an Ikea 365+ pan that has a five year warranty: when the coating scratches (and it hasn't after a full year of nearly daily use) I get a new one with a new warranty.

Shit is delicate, and staub shits all over le creuset.

A lodgeman's time is NAE a furrowed, if indeed at all should follow.

If it is heavy and gets hot evenly it will do what you want. Everything else is a meme

If you're using fire instead of electric, just get a carbon steel pan. Steel is just iron with controlled amounts of carbon.

The newer Le Creusets are all enamelled, no thanks. If you are looking for nice looking pure cast iron try Skeppshult from Sweden, but the prices are on Le Creuset level.

KEK. I like triggering you little faggots.

>The newer Le Creusets are all enamelled, no thanks.

Too fucking true. Any store I go in, if they have Creuset, they have it enamelled. Until recently you could get pure cast iron on their home page but I don't think even that is true any more, at least I can't find any with a brief check.