Those Hickory Farms gift boxes

Are those Hickory Farms boxes of meat and cheese still any good?

They seem like the sort of thing that would have been "fancy" 25 years ago, but now tastes have evolved and they're unfashionable, overpriced, overprocessed garbage.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

swisscolony.com/
adequateman.deadspin.com/the-2017-hater-s-guide-to-the-williams-sonoma-catalog-1821181135
youtu.be/c0dpQlKdJgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You think too much about fashion. This is a gift that will be wel appreciated by your hedonists, cooks, and chefs because good sausage, cheese, and mustard will always be good.

This. Seriously Christmas is not about spending fucking shit v ton of money on shit nobody ever uses. Food is food and im sure a homeless would appreciate jt morev than fucking toys

I had one recently and it wasn't as good as I remembered, but if you were going to give me a gift, food or alcohol would be high on my list. I have everything I could ever possibly need. Extra food is always welcome and these are absolutely still a treat.

But its not good sausage, cheese, and mustard user.

Its not.

They're fucking gross.
>good sausage, cheese, and mustard
You've either never had one of those, or you're from Wisconsin and you have no idea what good anything is, especially not cheese

Never had one before, but assumed from the packaging it must be expensive and therefore most likely good.

6/10

Yeah it’s pretty low quality stuff made to look fancy. The kind of thing boomers fall for

I love these things. If you just wanted some sausage and cheese, then yeah, their are more economical ways to get them, and with better quality. But as a gift it's comfy af and even meh cheese, sausage, and mustard is still delicious.

>summer sausage
why don't you put a bow around some bologna while you're at it

This is the absolute worse cheese I have ever tasted in my entire life.

The sausage is good though.

There's a really cozy christmas feel to eating sausage and crackers with mustard while playing vidya on the day after xmas

Also, most things from the Swiss Colony Catalog

Saw a mall display with two people selling those a week ago. My family used to buy a huge package of them every Christmas before started being loyal customers of this company (I guess it's sort of a hipster Hickory Farms(?)):
swisscolony.com/
We did it for many seasons (the holiday magazines were as thick as phonebooks) until we quit a few years ago.

Now I enjoy reading the annual guided article of the Christmas William-Sonoma catalog and reminisce about how much money my family wasted on these things.
adequateman.deadspin.com/the-2017-hater-s-guide-to-the-williams-sonoma-catalog-1821181135

This.

People who hate gift food also hate when you call a game comfy

Seriously NOT good... Way too many preservatives.

They were a lot more impressive 25 years ago!
They've always been an "I was obligated to get you something" sort of gift.
In the past you may have actually enjoyed receiving one though.

Fancy boxes of food are probably the only things I would ever want as a gift.

>tfw old neighbor used to give us one of these every year
>she and her husband died six months ago
feels bad man

I got one of these boxes before, the sausages do just taste like bologna or hot dogs. It's not bad, just not a unique flavor.

The only thing that I couldn't eat was the smoked cheddar blend though. Has an overwhelming amount of smoke on it, it was like dumping smoke flavoring onto Cheeze Whiz.

I don't mind getting it as a gift but I wouldn't buy it for myself.

>deadspin
>gawkershit

go back to rebbit

The cheese is ass, but the regular beef summer sausage is pretty good. There's a Hickory Farms kiosk in my local mall during the holidays, and right after Christmas they sell everything at 75% off to dump as much inventory as they can before January when they have to close up shop. I usually get a few sausages for myself then.

we always get a couple around christmas because that's how we tend to eat around holidays. we do a big platter of chopped veggies and dip, olives, cut up meats and cheeses, mustard, all that stuff. it's just tradition.

the meat and cheese board is totally in right now, too. and hickory farms is offering natural, uncured stuff to keep in line with the times.

just think, if you hadn't murdered them you could still be eatin' that cheese and sausage

>Blend
Does it melt at least

Ooh good call about the after-Christmas sales. This shit is so expensive otherwise

only main gawker, kotaku, and jezebel were cancerous
deadspin, io9, and gizmodo were fine
consumerist, both before and after they spun off, was mostly okay but they also bred a bunch of screeching retards that would lose it if they get asked to see their receipt at wal-mart/sam's or costco

Io9 is terrible.

I like them. I alway devour them.

I got 2 in the mail from this company in the past week

youtu.be/c0dpQlKdJgY

I got a basket as a gift recently.
Usually get one or two a year. I really like this shit but it isn’t quality by any stretch of the imagination.
Just good preserved cheese and sausage.

i remember having these in the past when other family members got them as gifts
they may not be super fancy but they are a comfy snack time type of thing and they remind me of the holidays.

i'd love one for christmas
but times have been tough for me lately, i'd like socks and a bag of potatoes too

literally me tbqh

>overpriced, overprocessed garbage.
Yes. Shitty summer sausage and processed cheese spread. Go to the goddamn deli and get some actual cured meat and fancy cheese for the same $40

>pasteurized process cheese
>natural hickory smoke flavor added
Literally only an inch better in quality to dipping lunchables into liquid smoke

>fancy cheese
>fancy
Kek.
Pleb.

Holy shit, my fucking sides! There really is a company called SMEG and they print that shit across their devices.

This is new to you?

Yes it is. I'm new to the culinary world.

Hickory needs to step their shit up

I got sent one of these. There were little portions of "brie flavoured soft cheese" in it. They tasted like dairy lee triangles.

On the other hand, it melts well.

wouldn't count on it

>Are those Hickory Farms boxes of meat and cheese still any good?

> blended pasteurized process cheeselike substance that may have once been cheddar or swiss

WOW SO FANCY

OP doesn't say anything about fancy...