Where do I need to go in NYC? Shake Shack, Fuku, and Chick-Fil-A are a given

Where do I need to go in NYC? Shake Shack, Fuku, and Chick-Fil-A are a given.

where are you located and what do you want to experience?

>fast food chains are seen as dining destinations by americans

>go to a city famous for it's cuisine with restaurants everywhere
>eat at shitty fast food place
i hate you and everyone like you

y'all are getting bamboozled

The Applebees in Times Square is a must, easily the best one in the city. Stay away from tourist traps like the Ruby Tuesdays on Main though

Go get you a New York slice

I don't think you realize how bad things are on this board.

Only exception is shit like Portillo's in Chicago. That is the best food there t b h

op why the fuck would you go to fuku when momofuku is literally a half a block up the street

Stop being stupid on purpose please, shitposting hurts us all.

>sbarro

Just go into anywhere that looks good for pizza, OP

I thought the chili's became the new tourist trap since the "mike pence effect"

better question, why would you go to either of those places when there is actual good ramen being served all over the city

go to naruto or terakawa or something

>naruto
you fucking weeb

don't make me reee @ u
you know darn well naruto is a ramen topping

and they also have the best miso base I've come across in the whole city

this is the worst thread currently on Veeky Forums, 7/10 made me reply.

Friendly reminder that this is an English only board. French and weeb cooking terms are verbotin.

Ichiran ramen

Minca is small but a real good ramen place.

prince street pizza is really good

When Shake Shack became a chain they completely changed the taste of everything. Shit is barely as good as Wendy's now.

It used to be worth the 30 minute wait in NYC but its crap now

>best thread on Veeky Forums
Ftfy fuckboy

Hit up the Olive Garden in Times Square while you're at it. Best meal in NYC imho.

Go to that gorilla curry place and make a thread about it

get the pepperoni

if you like thai and want the best in the city you gotta go to Ugly Baby in brooklyn

memes aside, fagboy, go to papaya king and get a dog, go to a halal cart (rafiqis are the best, fight me halal guys faggots), go to Faicco's deli, go to golden forest in chinatown, go to shopsin's, go to joe's and bleecker street pizza and get a slice or two at each of them, go to miss lily's for some jamaican (the real jamaican is in queens and your retarded ass will get shot there, do not attempt), do unironically go to shake shack, but also go to JG melon and corner bistro (overrated, but still a good burger).

if you want sushi, there's like 80000 sushi places around the city that are basically fine and hit that sushi craving spot, but if you want the really good shit you're gonna have to put down like 300-400 bucks, which i doubt is in your price range.

seconding this, it's fuckin killer for the price

McDonald:s on fifth and main is the best burger you'll ever have
PERIOD

You gotta hit up a mcdonalds and ask for a "New York Special"

sake bar hagi near times square is one of my favorite spots in the city.

Did not find many good spot for sushi but I disagree with your price range.
Highest I paid was 200 dollars at Sushi Yasuda for a full course "omakase" meal (which was absolutely fantastic).
You can try The deep dish pizza at Emmett's, their spinach pizza and their signature "cheese louise" is pretty good but the place is small so expect a wait if you come in the evening.
Close to emmett's you can find the "doughnut project", best donuts I've eaten in NYC.

I love Abiko Curry (Japanese Curry) on the 32st street, it's relatively cheap but don't pick spicy levels above 1 (or 2 if you're extra resilient, can't imagine the other two levels of spice).
Bare burger is pretty nice and they do good milkshake.

I would also recommend the artichoke pizza.
As another user said Terakawa is pretty good for ramen.
There is a nice cookie place called levain bakery, check out their peanut butter &dark chocolate chip cookie, too big for one person though (unless you're dead set on gaining weight).

A cheap but decent sushi place I found was "Hana" (just hana, i know some other places are called hana something) close to Chinatown, if you ever visit that place for whatever reason.

Also gyu-kaku is pretty coold for korean/japanese bbq restaurant. A bit more expensive though but the meat is a good quality.

What's your job and how can you afford this shit

Most of these place are not so expensive (below 20 dollars I'd say, those are actual places not really fast food keep that in mind)

I work in a bank doing business analyst stuff, pretty fancy shit with big numbers.

Papaya King is good.

Damn, I want that job. Gj bro. I live in canuckistan, working a shitty data analyst job that pays shit, but have had like 37% yoy returns the last two years, made more in investing than day job. Also been studying to get a Bank job. Is it cushy or hard? What do you tend to do the most?

It might be similar to you, the job is pretty chill if you are even a tad clever.
I usually maintain and develop applications (basic stuff in VBA and SQL) for colleagues and produce reports and analysis on the bank portfolio based on the databases I have access to. I had rather not go in much more detail but it's not that hard IF you are reliable.

If you want one day to go for a bank job be careful if you're applying for a front office (pretty intense hours), middle office (chill but looked down as shit for brain positions with no responsabilities most of the time) or support (chill hours, with actual problems and not just inputting data in the system like middle office does).

Congrats on that return on investment mate, we're all gonna make it cheers.

On the cheaper side, you HAVE to try the Saltenas (the chimba one if you only take one) at "bolivian llama party", a small food spot at the underground passage beneath colombus circle.

On the 55th street between the 5th and 6th there is a nice 'poke' place called "Blue Ocean", I go there a lot for lunch, the portion are pretty filling though.

Check out pavilion tang on the same street with their soup dumpling if you have some time left.

Also recommand the Vodka Room on 52nd/8th but it's more a bar than anything (their duck liver pate is great though if you want something to eat along with some infused vodka)

Dirty water dog.

If you want chinese food and indian food that will make you question everything you thought you once knew about those two cuisines, go to Flushing.

robongi in honoken nj
thank me later.

or Dim Sum Go Go

Can confirm Go go curry is the shit!

Saint marks st has great udon and Japanese restaurants.

2 bros pizza if you ever do pizza

Chinatown has great cheap bakeries and bubble tea.

Uses a German verb when forbidding French and Japanese words.., baegchi.

Sbarro has given me food poisoning. Never again.

halal guys is wack, they don't even use lamb
there is "fifth and main"

Los Mariscos 1 at the Chelsea Market has some really good Mexican seafood

Eat gyros on street corners and hit the Benihana on 56th. Perfect traditional NYC cuisine.

There's also a great meth scene in the village. Hottest shit on the east coast. Ask for Rodney, he'll hook you up.

There's a whorehouse in Chelsea that's also got great selection. Loads of good stuff to eat. I've loved everything I've tasted

And last I think Harlem has a couple really good fried chicken joints. There's another Rodney up there who will FUCK YOU UP. This one is on Sugar Hill up on 144th

>whorehouse
>2017 Chelsea

lol no

They closed this down at my mall. Fucking sucks, now I have to get expensive ass Chickfila since the chinese place is ass

>he proudly does meth
Do coasties really do this?

>Meth
>Hottest shit on the east coast
I see you've adopted our famous FlyOverâ„¢ Drugs

>I haven't been near NYC since 1987

more like
>I watch the Deuce and think NYC is still like that

>verbotin

>There's also a great meth scene in the gay part of town

Imagine my shock

The food court in k-town has a ton of shit, $5 ramen is primo. If you just want a sand, gardenia deli is my go to

2017 Greenwich Village isn't really that gay

Can't go to New York without stopping at Guy's American Kitchen & Bar