Why are you not eating Skyr on a daily basis Veeky Forums?

Why are you not eating Skyr on a daily basis Veeky Forums?

I can't keep up with all these new meme yogurts... kefir... "whole milk"... icemandick style.

I am, one of these small badboys is 37.6 grams of protein.

cause I already mortgaged my house to pay for the avocados

What is it?
I saw it in the store, was curious, read all the labels, and still have no idea what it is, not even whether skyr is just a brand or an actual foreign product.
The marketing team must be linux vi fanboys

It's awful

It’s a type of yoghurt originating from Iceland. It’s very thick and has a high content of protein and low amount of fat.

Because I eat local yogurt from Vancouver Island.

Because yogurt is disgusting.

It’s not yoghurt though. It taste great if you pick pear/banana.

It’s the reason why Scandinavians are tall and strong compared to fat American manlets eating McDonalds

I am a woman and love this stuff. Helps keep everything working right.

I bought some on sale once and thought they were fantastic.
A bit too expensive to buy regularly though.

k

>.uk
That sounds rather British.

Had some of that yogurt in Iceland, was pretty good. I haven't seen it in the US, but I have been getting the brand Siggi's and it's pretty good as well.

Because Magerquark is cheaper and gives you even more proteins/100g

why would i pay for that shit?
the "high protein content" is just BS, it got into the papers too and the defence was "we didn't say it had more protein than any other yoghurt," which technically is true

It does have more protein content than other yoghurt types, except for quark.

is skyr a brand name or the actual name of that style of yogurt?

I do. Honey and blood orange/ginger are the favs.

A type of yoghurt there are many different brands

>0%

SKYR SKYR HIT EM WITH THE FORK

Because it's easier and more cost effective to just make my own yogurt than to buy somebody else's meme shit.

You must be really autistic if you waste time making your own yoghurt.

>easier
no
you still need to buy the ingredients to make your yogurt
you could use that same trip to the store to just buy yogurt and literally could star at eating it in the store, whereas your still more than hour away to homemade yogurt

It's not wasted time to me, dude, as it takes very little effort to convert a gallon of milk into a gallon of yogurt.
First, you missed the "cost effective" part of my post. Second, yes, it is easier, because I produce a gallon at a time and don't have to buy, store, and dispose of multiple containers of yogurt.

It's like yogurt but with a nasty consistency and mouthfeel