Who /dishwasher/ here?

who /dishwasher/ here?

at least I get paid more than the bussers and get free food

I was a "dishpig" for about a year. Thought I was gonna hate it, as everyone I knew talked it up to be heaps shit. But actually wasn't bad. Much prefer doing that to waiting tables. Don't have to deal with customers, and the chefs were pretty nice to us.

exactly. if you can keep up then it's a pretty sweet gig as far as pre-career jobs go. Everyone needs you, you can typically just jam out to some music and ride your drug of choice.

this pretty much, although if you work at a place big enough that as a prep chef they never make you get on the line, prep chefing is way preferable to dishwashing. lost my prep job when two of the line cooks were out and i had to top pizzas, got yelled at to go faster too many times and i escalated.

Remember womynz, this is Veeky Forums.
Send bobs and vegana.

Are you retarded? No one said anything about being female.

unironically fucking kill yourself, jesus wept Veeky Forums is shit today

What is a dishwasher, then? Only an euphemism for women.

>dropped a few things off resume
>picked up part time dish gig
>easiest job in the kitchen
>get fed all shift
>get drinks all shift
>make 16 an hour

it's crazy how well you're treated if you're good at washing dishes because they're so scarce. it funny how most people who gravitate towards dishwashing are lazy pieces of shit that end up no showing after a bit

git gud mayn

>when the waitstaff don't bother clearing the plates

>tfw when the waitstaff dumps ice in your sink

>tfw when the waitstaff throws silverware into the tub and the soapy grimy water gets in your eyes

if you're in anything remotely like a decent kitchen then if you bust hump and show interest, you'll move out of the pit the second there's an opening in salads or on the line

>letting your hands get destroyed for minimum wage when there are other restaurant positions that don't require doing so

>then chef sees you doing extra shit and possibly not keeping up so gets up in the waitstaffs ass

>start dishwasher job at a local chain place after working at small family owned diners for a while, have handwashed dishes at both places
>ight, gotta prepare myself mentally, handwashing dishes for 10 hours at a brand new place is gonna suck ass-
>hiring manager shows me dishwasher station
>they have a machine washer
>get payed 10 dollars an hour to listen to music and occasionally throw shit into the dishwasher for 10 hours

this was the worst shit when i handwashed dishes. im the diner was small enough that it was usually my job to bus tables, but if the cashier bitch had nothing to do she'd go bus tables and for some fucking reason she would NEVER dump anything into the garbage, which was right next to my station. so i'd have some fat boomer fucks sandwhich covered in mayo and ketchup right smack in the middle of my scraped off organized plates. made me REE

>when the sous chef burns something in a pan and tasks you to scrape the entire thing with a piece of steel wool

this shit man

do you not have scrubbies

you ever had when your hands have been soaking in water for like six, eight hours already, getting nice and soft, then a loop of the heavy gauge steel wool cuts through your finger slicing off a thick slice?

Good memories.

>Back in my dishpig days I'd save bowls full of half eaten chili in a corner of my sink
>Whenever waiters brought back plates full of half eaten food and didn't scrape them< I'd smile and ask them politely to please scrape them like they're supposed to and throw
>if they gave me shit or ignored me, the next time they'd bring back plates without scraping them, I'd angle a blast from the pressure hose off of the half eaten chili soup bowls and splash them in hot water and soupy chili
>coked up mexican line cooks always laugh when this happens
>worked long hours and was good at my job, so whenever waiters bitched to management they just got told "well if you scraped off the food like you're supposed to that wouldn't happen"
>FoH hates me
>but they all ended up scraping their fucking plates
>mfw
There were a couple of cool waiters, but by and large, fuck FoH.

I wash dishes on the weekend for a cafe. Pretty good $15/hr, the only problem is that's AUD.

i work utility in a bakery, shits nice as fuck. i just listen to music all day and sometimes get free cake if the baking was fucked.

Dishwasher at dennys here. It's pretty comfy, despite being 27 years old and working at dennys.

>go at my own pace
>always look busy
>no one fucks with me
>go out and smoke whenever I want

They throw me on the line now and give me a dollar pay bump for it, but it's certainly not worth the extra work.

Also fuck dennys.

Also I shouldn't have dropped out of college.

I hate steel wool but the shit's necessary. Wish they used higher gauge steel for the basic ones.

2 greasy phone clerks fuck a bouncer in the back of a bus

one question. who would polish the silverware or glassware once it was washed? at my place I have to polish all glassware and silverware for faggots in the dining area

i will never dishkek again
the few experiences i've had doing it were absolutely dreadful

>people dumping shit into your clean water
>people clogging your sink
>hands getting fucked up because no elbow lengths
>people making you do extra work by not clearing plates or burning food on stove
>slippery floor all the time
>fucking waterworld in general you're always wet no matter how hard you try to stay dry
>it's actually brutal backbreaking labor if you're doing it freshly from NEETing
>people demand you to clean restaurant or take out trash, i just want to do what i applied for fag
>i'd always get yelled at for going too slow, sorry if you want gross unclean ass wares
>at the pace they expect you to work at in busy restaurants its guaranteed to breach sanitary standards

it can work well if you get lucky and are dishkekking at a nice little cafe or something along those lines but god help you if you work in an asian eatery

you poor pussy. I hope you got paid for doing your fucking work,

Our dishwashers make 1050 a week, 150 less a week than 2nds and work at least twice as hard. Don't do dishes.