/cha/

/cha/

It's a hard life for us in the winter. What are you drinking?

I'm trying to go through it mostly with pu erhs and hojicha. I still have some 200g of nameless hojicha made from kukicha. Since I have started making gongbao jiding every hojicha reminds me of the fried peanuts. Typical for twig teas the l-theanine hits very hard, while caffeine is almost absent. I like l-theanine-dominated high, but chaqi consists of both, so I need to supply caffeine with other teas to get a good high. This hojicha is kind of potent, I brew every 6g four or five times in small gaiwan, treating it almost like a lapsang.

The pu erhs I have right now are not very spectacular, but just look at the beauty on the pic related. It's 2003 Bu Lang Shan from yunnan sourcing, should arrive very soon. The only Bu Lang I have tried before was strong and spicy, tingling too. It wasn't 14 year old though. Any ideas on what I should expect?

what the fuck are you talking about?

What planet are you from?

I imagine this is what sip threads would look like if they were all spergs and not just retarded

Veeky Forums is a board for the tea too, just like you can post about your sodas, sips and vodkas

I don't drink much pu-erh so I'm afraid I can't help you there but I've been exploring oolongs lately. The people who started Yunnan Sourcing are currently running Taiwan Sourcing and they have some pretty interesting stuff. I recently got a 2017 spring harvest Jin Xuan (genuine milk oolong) which was suprisingly light and floral, and a 2016 Spring Wu She Gao Feng which had a similar flavour to the taiwanese oolong but had a fuller body. Both very nice to sip on when you kick your feet up after work.

>Jin Xuan
As much as I appreciate taiwanese milky/buttery take on oolongs I still prefer floweriness of tieguanyins. Good compromise for me was the superfine alishan from teavivre, balanced between milk and floral, with sweetness coming from the flowery side. Should pop up as the first result in google if you'd like to check it out.

Damn op you got that reggie miller

Funny. While smoking tea doesn't give you any high it's actually a good alternative to mix with weed instead of tobacco to make a spliff burn slower or with hash to make it work at all.

Na thats retarded

I work at a tea shop that sells it and I absolutely see where you're coming from. It's one of my top picks if I'm looking for something to sip while I mill about at work. I'm trying to branch out into oolongs I don't sell. Do you have any recommendations for oolongs that aren't Formosa, Guangzhou Milk, Tieguanyin, Tung Ting or Se Chung?

I have a big box of teas that I cycle through when I want to make them.

I have some nice fruity ones (apple cranberry one and a blackberry one), some good greens (gunpowder and hojicha), a nice white one, and a couple blends (monks tea and angels dream, both pretty good).

I should order some more in the next couple months but Im still going through this stuff. My all time favorite though is hojicha with golden tips black tea being a close second.

I don't like to use the term Formosa, as it classifies all of Taiwanese teas, which can be very different. Alishan is nothing like Shan Lin Xi (usually only a bit milky, with mineral notes, floral but less sweet than tieguanyin)

Anyway, you should take a look at dan congs (maybe huang zhi xiang, great prices for the quality) and wuyi other than guangzhou milk - surely you know da hong pao but what about bai jiguan? Much lighter, although I think there's not as much variance with highly oxidized oolongs from one region.

I'm curious about your work in the tea shop. What country are you in, do you have many customers?

It does work well. I know that for some anons from US even mixing with tobacco seem weird, but weed by itself burns quickly and unevenly, sometimes you need to light the joint up more than once.

Interesting, thank you. I'll look into those. The Formosa I referred to is a dark oolong with a mild body and a peachy aftertaste, I'm not sure what you could accurately classify it as.

It's a small retail store in Canada with a little tea room in the back. We're pretty busy at the moment because of the Christmas shopping frenzy.

I like your style. Weather's pretty miserable in my neck of the woods, and now you got me craving some hojicha

If you're ever in Toronto you should visit a local dobra cajovna branch, I heard you have one there. Maybe they still have Nepal Ilam or unpacked Darjeeling FF (can't remember the garden, goodsomething?). And they should have a good phoenix dan cong too.

I don't live very far from Toronto, so that'll definitely go on my to do list if I ever visit. Would you happen to know if they ship orders within Canada? My shop sells Nepal Shangri-La and Darjeeling FF Happy Valley, but I'm certainly not opposed to trying what they have to offer!

I have no idea, visited cajovnas only in Czech Republic and Poland. Actually I'm not even fully sure if it's in Toronto, you'll need to search for it by yourself.

have to go now, cheers

I had a good job before and was getting into tea, now I'm broke as shit until graduation basically and can't into nice teas at the moment. I also would like to get a smaller gaiwan, I don't know why I thought the 200ml one was okay to be my only gaiwan.

>winter

Check your northern hemispheric privilege, shitlord.

I was waiting for a tea thread! Here's my Christmas buys, I'm gonna try Sheng for the first time.

>african tea

Also, just picked this up. Fantastic little handbook, I think I'll be picking up the large doorstopper version for my birthday.

Fucking kill yourself

learn to sage before you go back to your cheetos threads

>All these actual autists flooding the thread calling OP an "autist" for having a hobby

I always roll my Js with camomille.
Makes me feel fancy.

That's a lot of shrooms!

That's not tea, it's a block of freeze dried frogs!

excited for you! after you finish try leaving it in a gaiwan or teapot for the whole night