I ordered another $5 or whatever a pound hipster pasture raised turkey for chrismeas this year

i ordered another $5 or whatever a pound hipster pasture raised turkey for chrismeas this year

i don't even celebrate xmas but there's only 2 times a year i can buy non factory turkeys

i wanna do something fun and different with the stuffing this year. like stuff it with big macs or something

don't tell me to spatchcock it because my oven is too small

and yes i won't eat factory poultry or pork but i'm okay with eating big macs. cows are treated well where i live, even for mcdonald food

any idea?

Stuffing it with big macs sounds disgusting, not fun.

THEN TELL ME A FUN IDEA

Coat and bake the entire thing in a layer of Mexican chorizo

Steep some aromatics together for a while, then drain them really well and stuff them in the cavity with some shredded potatoes. When it's done pull out the potatoes, add an egg and some panko if they're really wet and make turkey-flavored latkes. Probably wouldn't work (the potatoes would probably just turn to mush) but would be a fun experiment

stud it with pickles and microwave it

Look up thirty clove chicken, then make 200 clove turkey.
Alternatively, spend more on more good fowl and make a turducken.

>turducken
i would love to do this
do you debone the majority?

>do you debone the majority?
Yes. You did say you wanted to stuff it with some different, after all.

i like this idea
do you leave the legs and wings intact?

>Giving a shit about how well your meat was treated
As long as its sanitary it doesnt matter.

Not on the ones I've seen. You might get away with that for just the turkey.

humanely raised meat is generally more sanitary. unsanitary conditions arise from overpopulation

so do you remove the legs and wings and backs entirely?

>so do you remove the legs and wings and backs entirely?
Yes, the bones anyway. Zillions of examples on line. Look up a few.

Hence
>As long as its sanitary it doesnt matter
Just don't buy Bar-S shit and it's pretty much guaranteed to be hygienic.

> it's pretty much guaranteed to be hygienic.

people actually believe this

>humanely raised meat is generally more sanitary.
Maybe, though more depends on the slaughterhouse than the farmer or rancher. What I have noticed, buying whole animals from a couple local farms, is that animals that have had decent low stress lives taste better than ones that have been churned out in crowded conditions.

>I waste an extra $6/lb because I think "free range" actually means "free range"

yes. poultry and pork from high stress, factory conditions are also always obese, unpalatable, disasters

pasture raised =/= free range, pleb

Oyster Stuffing

this

Fuck, I would't consider it 'hipster'. Factory turkeys are just pathetic. I mean the meat just doesn't taste good. It doesn't.