Making a balanced, nutritious, and enjoyable diet out of only vegetables takes work and creativity...

Making a balanced, nutritious, and enjoyable diet out of only vegetables takes work and creativity. If the idea of eating a meat-free diet for a month upsets and frightens you (and it does for most of Veeky Forums), you should take it as a sign that you don't really enjoy cooking. You see it as a chore, and the only reason you pretend to like it is that mass-media has convinced you that being "into food" makes you an interesting person.

What is it about being a vegetarian that immediately turns people into insufferable douchebags?

so aside from being a shitpost, what exactly is the point of this thread? are you just a faggot raw vegan trying to gloat? doing ANYTHING well requires some degree of creative-thinking, with regard to ingredients and technique.

so what you are saying is basically this: stupid people are stupid, because they see meal prep of only veggies as a chore. i would agree. most truths boil down to tautology.

that being said, i don't think it's hard to eat a diet of only vegetables, as long as you live near a source and are willing to pay for the variety. i can and have actually tried living off mainly rice, beans and steamed broccoli. gets boring but saves a ton of $ and was easy/fast to prepare.

in fact, most fat and/or sick people can easily heal themselves if they replaced their high-carb high-wheat diet with more veggies and fruits, but of course, because these types of people are fucking stupid and lazy, they will never do that. this is why i am pointing to the fact that your thread is useless...you are stating the obvious. lazy people are lazy. stupid people are stupid.

let them eat wheat, let them eat cake.
who cares what other people are doing.
focus on what you want to do, and to what degree of quality you want to achieve your results.
you fucking nigger.

>filet mignon: scissors to open the package. salt, hot pan, BACON BACON BACON, 3 minutes per side, wa la
>vegetables: nakiri, paring knife, veg peeler, 12 hours soak time, 3 hours prep time, 40 different ingredients, another 4 hours cook time

I mean that's just one example. People are just lazy. And they get mad when someone mentions the fact, as you're being now

what is it about being raised by overly permissive parents that turns kids into picky eaters who can’t look at broccoli without making loud gagging noises

this fucking this. all i picture is OP saying no mommy make the airplane fly into my mouth or i wont open

just because i wrote a long effortpoast doesn't mean i got mad, you faggot.

and look at your response, look how fucking pretentious you sound. 3 hours prep and 4 hours of cook time to make a veg dish? wtf? that isn't a question of laziness but more of wasting time. but if you really do want to make those sorts of dishes, go for it, your Highness. i didn't know we were in the presence of fucking Royalty, someone who needs his vegetables finely rolled and cut into ornate flowers.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with spending less time cooking and more time enjoying the meal.

i'm 90% vegetarian, haven't cooked meat in my home in over a year. my s.o. is vegan. posts like this make me not want to go 100% vegetarian. get over yourself. people like different things.

All vegetable dishes are interesting on occasion, but they just don't have the caloric and protein density I need for an entire month. Maybe if I stopped working out.

silly manchild. I am the op and that post was directed at you and your kind
>muh hamboigahs
if only you put as much effort into your cooking as you do into your posts

It's just that as soon as a person becomes vegetarian they begin to go out of their way to tell everyone they have mental problems for not doing the same. A vegetarian diet sounds fun to be honest, but for some reason you come out saying peoole who aren't vegetarian are scared and stupid. Where does this come from?

I'm not sure who the question is directed at, desu. I'm not vegetarian, and I never said people who aren't vegetarian are scared and stupid.

perhaps it was this line
> If the idea of eating a meat-free diet for a month upsets and frightens you (and it does for most of Veeky Forums), you should take it as a sign that you don't really enjoy cooking

that confused you? do you see the error in your logic? no, I suppose you don't. what you just did was to say "I'm scared and mad, therefore he's insulting EVERYONE who isn't vegetarian"

no, what I was doing was insulting YOU

The idea of eating a meat free diet for a month doesn't upset or frighten me, I don't know what makes you think it does. I'm just wondering what it is about vegetarianism that immediately turns people into smartasses who get a kick out of assuming the worst and insulting people over nothing, like what you're doing.

again, not sure who your question is directed at, since I'm not a vegetarian. I do find it quite telling that after I defined a demographic of "people who are upset and frightened" - note, not a demographic of people who eat or don't eat certain foods, but literally a demographic defined by their feelings - you immediately knew who you were and your place in that demographic. so it shouldn't be too surprising that the rage, which is literally an essential part of your identity as a human being, is now getting directed at me, as it might be directed at the mail man, or the checkout lady at the grocery store. just random anger firings in your rage brain.

A diet of only vegetables and going meat-free is called being vegetarian, and you said most people are frightened of that. I'm saying there's no reason to believe most people are frightened of it, they just enjoy eating meat and won't change their diet to quit it for no reason. My question is, why are people always so eager to think that people are scared and stupid for not cutting out meat, when most people don't bother because they have no incentive or want to do so.
I just think it's weird to insist 'most people on Veeky Forums are too frightened to eat meat-free for a month, and don't even enjoy cooking', when most people don't do it because they simply don't have any interest in it.

so if I eat a banana for breakfast I'm a vegetarian? lol, no
>I just think it's weird to insist 'most people on Veeky Forums are too frightened to eat meat-free for a month, and don't even enjoy cooking',
ordinarily I would take this as a sign of naivete, except you just got done being defensive over your panic attacks at being without tendies for a short time, so I guess what we have here is someone who says they're "into cooking" because of alton brown the dancing clown who "made cooking fun" (because otherwise it's terribly boring)
>when most people don't do it because they simply don't have any interest in it.
and there's that too of course

The only reason I started cooking was because I liked eating food but was too broke to afford the kind of food I liked
Over time I got quite good and I started enjoying the actual cooking more than I enjoy the eating
Coming up with an all vegetable challenge is retarded, I don't need challenges to enjoy cooking and if I feel like testing myself I try a new hard recipe I never tried before
Go take your vegan shit somewhere else, someone who really loves cooking wouldn't reject half the ingredients

sounds like you just live in a food desert. you can only fit so many ingredients in one dish, and so of course it will seem like you're "giving up half the ingredients" if you live in flyover land and you can only get tenderloin, boneless skinless chicken breast, bacon, ground chuck, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and mayonnaise

It's because they aren't eating any meat, their brain is constantly stressed and in a fight or flight mode

>You can only fit so many ingredients in one dish
Go try some paella or make curry from scratch and tell me that again

stress is a sign of malnutrition. usually happens because a naive child who never learned about food tries to sub out "vegan burgers" from the frozen food section to replace hamburgers. see also: "doesn't know how to cook". but it's important to remember 38% of americans suffer from obesity which is usually caused by eating nutrient-poor foods out of ignorance. and these are not people who abstain from meat.

>paella is advanced exotic cookery to flyovers

Don't be obtuse, you specifically said 'eating meat free for a month', as in going vegetarian for a month, not eating meat. The entire point of your original post was to insist that most people are frightened of cutting out meat, I don't know why you're hiding behind semantics when the point of your thread is to say that people are too scared to eat vegetarian for a month.
My only point is to ask if you get a kick out of thinking people are too scared to cut out meat? What's the point in believing most people are afraid to change their diet for no reason?

I can eat vegetarian for a month no problem, doesn't mean I will.

Obesity isn't caused by eating nutrient low food, it's caused by eating food high on sugar or fat or carbs and not getting enough exercise
You could easily get obese just by ordering "healthy" food in America otherwise known as vegetables with a shit ton of sugar and fat

>Veeky Forums is most people
I think it might be time for you to spend some time outside

Nobody said anything about advanced and exotic but if you have ever tried some authentic paella then you know it's filled with a shit ton of seafood

no amount of exercise is going to help you to not feel like shit when you're getting all of your nutrition from funnel cake and doritos

I know you guys think there is some kind of hippie scam to shove "superfoods" down your throat, but you actually need micronutrients, and your insatiable appetite despite inhaling 4,500 calories worth of industrial corn byproducts is a symptom of that

Most people on Veeky Forums, I obviously mean. You really are evasive and insufferable, man. No wonder you get a kick out of telling yourself people on a cooking board are too scared to eat vegetables.

actually "authentic" paella is just land critters, passportless shortbus. protein comes from rabbit, snails, and so on. but it's understandable you wouldn't know. you use bagged "paella mix" in your non-stick rachel ray pan.
t. scared nutritionlet

Well maybe it isn't authentic but it still has a ton of ingredients Wich was the original point

>there is no such thing authentic seafood paella
What is with you, man?

rice, oil, shallots, broad beans, a meat or two, saffron, bit of tomato, maybe some rosemary and lemon. oops I almost forgot, the most exotic of all: water (not coca cola, but the real liberal vegan water)

OH MY GOD SO MANY INGREDIENTS

You know I'm talking about making paella with a lot of seafood
All that "no meat" is making you quite agressive,why don't you try eating a sausage and coming back when you can act a little more civilized

you said "authentic paella" though. the kind of paella you think of as "paella" is actually a tourism invention.

also, I had my whey isolate this morning, there is no need for you to worry about my protein intake. tonight we're going out for steak as a bland cultural ritual. I personally would not have chosen that, but I recognize the importance of symbolism over substance.

anyway I'm off to work, enjoy being mad about real food on the internet ^_^

eat my ass

Yeah, sometimes I make a thread just to bitch at everybody in it so I can feel smart too.

You’re trying too hard

They lack important brain nutrients such as b12 and omega 3s and so they become very bad at reading social cues.

it doesn't really take any more work than cooking meat... usually less cooking time.

Trying to shame me out of an omnivorous diet won't work. If anything, it makes me want to eat bacon.

>le bacon narwhals at midnight DAE?!?
You sound like the kind of person who buys special bacon cooking contraptions from the sharper image

>Making a balanced, nutritious, and enjoyable diet out of only vegetables takes work and creativity
Well, no. It really doesn't. The creativity comes from trying to make it presentable to the common snob, or trying to mimic the looks of non-vegetarian options.

You're just an insufferable bigot. To use as one example, you assume that just because someone has an omnivorous diet that they don't like vegetables for some reason. The fact of the matter is that you are thinly veiling your own babyish resistance to the icky meat.

>you assume that just because someone has an omnivorous diet that they don't like vegetables for some reason
I don't think you understand what "omnivorous" means

vegetables are not some kind of new age punishment to be endured under strict medical supervision. you are not an omnivore if you subsist off chicken tenders

No, I am the one who is assuming that about you. An omnivore eats both plant and animal products. You wrongly assume that the average meat consumer ONLY eats meat, when that's just flat out retarded and wrong. You as a human can't actually live off just meat. People who eat meat have diverse diets in most cases.

the batter on your chicken tenders doesn’t count, you manchild

You mad?

You can't actually formulate an actual argument, can you? Why must you assume a stance of superiority when you are dead wrong, and in this case a manchild yourself? Being a vegetarian just to scoff at people who eat meat is kind of childish.

I myself am a pescatarian, so your assumption is flat out wrong there.

Why are you feeding him?

Dude everyone here eats vegetables. Your entire premise that people on Veeky Forums don't eat vegetables is straight up wrong, and the way you assume everyone who posts is automatically some brain-dead idiot you're daydreaming about, is retarded.

but as I already told you I’m not a vegetarian, I’m an omnivore. a real omnivore not a pretend one like you

I’m from Valencia and we don’t use seafoods. That’s a Barcelona style, Cataluña people.

Oh boy its this bullshit again.
Nobody cares that you like vegetables, Ron.
Go fuck yourself.

Ron as in Captain Ron, with Kurt Russell?

Mommy i eated all of my vegtabels ouo now im get good boy points??
Hmmmmmmmm dont want to spend on tendies so i can get extra gbp xD

Reminder if you eat meat yourre literally worse than hitler.

>eating meat
>not diversifying your diet
>not dying part of your hair blue to show you are open to new ideas
>not getting a nose piercing to counter modern white supremist views on culture
>not getting a skinny meat-free vegan bf to help reduce lustful rapey thoughts
>not realizing muscleheads are all brawn no brains style over substance shitlords

No excuse.

>Omnivore
>does not eat meat

Imagine being so mad you Literally can't think straight

Fuck off retard

Would rather spend GBP on mommy milkies than icky tenders

>if I don’t eat tendies for a month i’ll die