Which chef or cook inspires you the most?

Which chef or cook inspires you the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xOtsVXoGh38
youtu.be/834Jr96-KPs
youtu.be/tU41Ryor6pY
youtu.be/1XXgI06uLFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

myself

Julia Child and her yummy scrambled eggs ;)

same.

i enjoy my own cooking the most, even though i've been to some pretty good restaurants. even when i fuck up a dish i can still enjoy it a lot more. it's sort of like how sometimes, you can get a better nut by simply jacking off than by having actual sex.

He sure seems to know how to cook. Wouldn't say he's the best in the world, but probably in the top 10. He is the most famous one though.

Jack

>probably in the top 10

I mean in the broader spectrum of cooking. I mean he can cook pretty much everything at least decent i assume. If we're judging on best cooks in their class, i don't think pasta rolling makes the cut.

i dont think none here has heard of him but i really like karlos arguiñano,i used to watch his show when i was a kid,he always seems so happy and jolly about cooking,you could tell he really liked cooking and was just happy to be cooking any time you watched his show

Stop sucking your own dick and go to some real restaurants

Heston Blumenthal, he has some nice videos for 'advanced' homecooks

Binging with babish xD

This is the only legitimate answer.

Inspiration?

I just love eating shit that tastes fucking great.

What is this, a self-help seminar?

why are you so angry?

Poor bastard is alone and miserable though.

Colonel Sanders

Jacques Pepin

what really? I thought he had a wife
Im 99% sure I used to watch valentine days videos where he talked about his wife

he is the best though no denying that, been watching his videos for years now and learned so much
its a shame he doesnt sell merch, id buy a ton just to help him out

>mocks poster about his opinion
>doesn't provide his own

faggot

>I'm such a newfag, I'm literally a faggot.
Yeah, man, this topic is really inspiring and meaningful. Everyone should share.

gordon ramsay doesn't even look like this anymore, he's a monstrosity now

Currently? Some of the guys I get in to help me cater, probably Chang, but mostly for his public attitude.

Back in the day - I was all over the Food Network. It was bad dubs of Iron Chef, Batali, and Bourdain (although it wasn't him doing the cooking) all the time... it led me to the false impression that I would be able to retire on food alone.

Gordan Ramsay for sure, he has so much passion and energy. I learned much from his videos. And he got 10 Michelin stars to back it all up.

this

jamie oliver desu

Gennaro does it more for me

This. I love watching his amazing knife work. The guy is ancient and he still manages to be god tier.

>Pic related

Honestly chef John. I know he adds cayenne to every thing but he makes cooking seem so easy and fun. I always look forward to his videos.

>watch pépin's garlic video like two years ago
>being using his technique
>because muh spaghetti I do it almost every day
>recently figure I'm getting bretty gud
>"it might not be quite as clean, but my rock chop is probably faster than his by now because he's 93 years old"
>watch the video again
>he's fucking thrice as fast as me

Karlos is the GOAT

he has a wife though

You faggots need to stop same-fagging and reply in the same post.
Faggot.

guy fieri, bob ross and billy mays

>comes onto a cooking board for no other reason than to mock others and call them names
You ok?

Both Him and Brad from Bon appetit are my inspirations. I've used a lot of Chef John's recipes.

marco pierre white
steve albini's defunct cooking blog
heston blumenthal

>ctrl+f
>0 results for "Alton Brown"

Raymond Blanc. His excitement in his cooking is quite endearing.

>only 2 results
Oh bother.

Absolutely this

He was good when he was the lovable food nerd on Good Eats. He was okay when he was the educated food commentator on Iron Chef. His shine wore off when he was the whiny media snob on Next Food Network Star. Now he's just unrelatable whore on whatever crap gimmick gameshow the give him. I suspect food network execs fuck him in the ass, wipe their dick on his knee, and toss him some garbage project at this point.

Used to watch these guys with my mom, miss those days.

I try to get people to beat me.

Mr. James Kenji López-Alt,

Matty Matheson

Alton for getting me started in the first place; I didn't realize it til later but the first kitchen equipment and cooking decisions I made when I first moved out with my friends after HS were all pretty much based on Good Eats.
Ramsay for his passion and standards, he really brings home the idea that the quality of what I cook comes down to how determined I am to do it well.
Chef John and Jamie Oliver in terms of simple but delicious dishes.

He was a wonderful man.

>sanjay thumma
he always seems so happy in his videos just to be doing what hes doing and his recipes are great

>gordon ramsay
boss af

>mario batali
smug and capable

The Mayor of Flavortown

Why is he so perfect lads

He had a hard life.

Hey look an actual chef on this page

Francis M is King

Idk

>posts some fine lads from an aus show
>uses 'mom'
something here doesnt add up desu

For vastly different reasons, Joël Robuchon, Heston Blumenthal, and Andoni Aduriz

He definitely knew his way around an oven.

Mangchi
youtube.com/watch?v=xOtsVXoGh38

people normally put food in an oven to cook it but he put people into an oven which means he cooked people which means he's a chef and that fits into the question that OP asked which is what chef inspires you the most lmao

...you're /that/ person. Don't be /that/ person.

This

Big Boy Ja/ck/

youtu.be/834Jr96-KPs

>you can be chef john, whilst your wife fucks DeShawn.

this guy is a legend

>girl fieri is a more attractive version of amy schumer

I'm very very uncomfortable with this.

I ejaculated to this, now im uncomfortable with myself

I... I dated her.

What are you doing to me :(

Torsten Vildgaard, Josh Niland purely for their food, and Thomas Keller/Daniel Humm for their restaraunteuring.

Pic related. He's super fucking passionate, not only about food, but the animals that become food. His shark fin documentary really changed my view on him for the better showing that he's than just "angry food brit".

Also, shoutout to my nigga Jacques Pepin

For me, it's Meril Howard Kalin

Pic related. He's super fucking passionate, not only about food, but the animals that become food. His shark fin documentary really changed my view on him for the better showing that he's than just "angry food brit".

my man

Yi Yeon-Bok 이연복
Excellent Chinese chef in korea (korean chinese food, but he makes both) Here is a demo of his knife skills on the show "Fix the refrigerator"
Gordon Ramsay beat him in a 15 minute cook off, but that was basically letting the foreign guest win.
youtu.be/tU41Ryor6pY

How has nobody said Mom yet? My mother was my first and best mentor with cooking.

Wrong vid. Linked the ad
youtu.be/1XXgI06uLFE

He's a great cook. He's a hugely successful restaurateur and hotel/pub/café/etc owner. He's so successful with his television personality that he's clearly the most famous celebrity chef so far.
>probably in the top 10
?
Not even close.
Maybe if he wouldn't have left the industry in, but heave up that line of work to work in the eye of the public. Which is fine. He just doesn't have those types of skills anymore.

None, I just love to cook. Never want it to be my job,

Fellow spaniard I fucking love Arguiñano too!

Frances the Mute is a great album

>he's clearly the most famous celebrity chef so far.
In the brit world, maybe. Certainly not to anyone who isn't under the age of 30, in the US world. We grew up on the dawn of the Food Network, preceded by great public television before the term celebrity chef was invented. From Julia Child to Jeff Smith to Jaques Pepin to Rick Bayless to Ming Tsai to Art Smith to Charlie Trotter to Paul Prudhomme to Wolfgang Puck to Steven Raichlen. Then, there were the only TV personalities like Anthony Bourdain, Rachel Ray and Alton Brown. These didn't have day jobs outside of their personalities once they went celebrity status. Then modern chefs I would say far more famous celebrity chefs, from Emeril Lagassee to Paula Deen.

Any good chef or reasonably experienced home cook of any means can spot the horrible technique, food pairing, sanitary and plating mistakes when Ramsey cooks anything. His recipes are utter horror and wouldn't pass a 5 minute recipe google.
He dumps worchestershire into weird places. He undersears, overmixes, can't turn an item after adequate browning, etc. His restaurant food is crap.
He's a hack supported by his wife's money and good management staff. Even his shit fails too. He's only made success on being an asshole and churning out some kind of dream to people. Anyone who can't stand ADD hopping and skipping or drug addict behavior can't stomach 5 minutes of him.

Have to agree with this. I've watched everyone this user mentioned but never Ramsay. Ramsay just seems like a hyped up cockney looking to mouth shit like a neutered rooster who, when challenged can't get it up.

Nigela Lawson taught me that cooking is sexy