I don't really get fine dining. Every time I've tried it I feel disappointed...

I don't really get fine dining. Every time I've tried it I feel disappointed. It cost like +200 dollars but every time it's let down and doesn't live up to expectations and price.

It's an "emperor's new clothes" thing

guess how I can tell you’ve never had fine dining. poorfag

Fine dining is something for people with taste. Maybe a McChicken would be more your speed, Monsieur.

Applebee's still has the 2 for $20 deal user. You'd like it.

>Applebee
Applebee's International, Inc. is an American company which develops, franchises, and operates the Applebee's Neighborhood Grill + Bar restaurant chain.

As of December 2015, there were 2,033 restaurants operating system-wide in the United States, one U.S. territory (Puerto Rico), and 15 other countries, all owned and operated by franchisees.[2] The company was headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, after moving from Lenexa, Kansas, in September 2011.[6] On September 3, 2015, it was announced that owner DineEquity would be consolidating its headquarters for Applebee's and IHOP to DineEquity's Glendale, California, location.[7] As a result, President Steven R. Layt chose not to relocate and resigned effective September 4, 2015.[8]

If you're willing to drop 200+ on a single meal to why not go to like the most expensive steak house in your town and get a fine cut of meat.

Why is it that flyovers can only think of steakhouses when they try and think of a "nice restaurant"? It's literally the most boring, "I'm stuck in bumfuck Chicago for work and I need something near the MacCormick center that isn't fast food" salaryman garbage.
>muh meat
>muh potatoes
>muh new world wine
K Y S

That's because fine dining is for sad money fags who like to feel special and waste money, so they don't cry themselves to sleep. Good food does not have to be expensive. Most of the price of fine dining is for the experience, which is ultimately worthless. It's much more impressive and enjoyable when cheap food is done well than ridiculous ass food is strange and mediocre at best, but it's actually great because the chef is an expert in his own weird fucking style and knows that which you do not about these clown shenanigans.

Fine dining is you wiping your ass with money because it tickles your rich tiny pickle while being wholly unfulfilling and terrible in comparison to cheaper options.

muh surf and turd

You Nu-males sure get triggered when someone brings u good food as opposed to paying 400 dollars on a poaches

I can't even imagine how much your daddy slapped his cock against your tender mouth to make you such a gibbering soy boy triggers by steak. Sad.

> Most of the price of fine dining is for the experience, which is ultimately worthless.
That’s your fucking argument? It doesn’t matter in the end, we’re still alone in an entropic prison? Jesus Christ you are a moron. Why eat any food over another then?

>t. fag
That's a mighty big leap in logic there on your own end, fag maestro. Did it hurt being born with a golden dildo rammed up your sensitive pretentious ass?

Eating your bucket of chicken is an experience too you bellend. The price of fine dining is not the ‘experience’ part, it’s food and operational costs, which are higher when you’re eating 20 plates of truffles and abalone and tuiles.

>operational costs
Wrong again, my buttered up, sugary ass crack. There is a distinct difference in dining at a hole in the wall with good food and some faggot memestaurant with candle lights, flowers, fireplace, view, tomatoes that look like strawberries and vice versa, a maze entrance, shit food that you can't say is shit or else your a peasant, etc. You, sir, need to keep your retard power levels in check.

Fine dining exists for a few reasons. For one, it's there for people like
to pretend that they're cultured. It's there for people who can afford to eat it regularly to use as a social filter. It's there as a special occasion social event for the less wealthy, or for people trying to impress their dates.

Everyone else with a brain realizes that there are very sharp diminishing returns on food quality after a certain price point.

You just described an American restaurant that you see on real housewives, not an actual fine dining restaurant. But in any case, yes, as in any restaurant, two thirds of the price of the dish you’re eating is parts and labour.

Niggruh, if you want to keep blowing money out your ass on shit food, go for it. It only comes out practically decent because of the quality it started at before the chefs half-assed some monstrosity onto a plate. Go cry onto a plate of $100 peas consisting of 6 peas organized on a bed of some fucked up puree.

Thanks for acknowledging you get high quality ingredients at fine dining restaurants, that’s a step in the right direction. Save up your pocket money and visit one some day and you’ll see why those six peas and fucked up purée are worth it, I promise.

Kek, is it even a con if faggots like believe they're getting something good from this? Shit is like taking candy from a baby. People legit walk in desperate to get robbed.

This. And god forbid if they have real silverware or ceramic plates.