The Dilemma

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/amazon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One has a lot of junk food aimed at millennials, an average to below average selection of produce, and shit tier meat, dairy, and eggs

One has a pretty good selection of most common foods, sometimes even has locally farmed pastured meats, and is refreshingly free of poorfag smell

Hmm....

This. People who shit on Whole Foods are just salty because they can’t afford it

>I enjoy paying an extra $90 a week in groceries because it's "organic"

Wegmans
t. upstate nyer

patrician taste my friend

Where I live Whole Foods has the best cheese, meat and fresh vegetable selection within half an hour driving, so I go there for those. Whether they are organic or not I don't really care, just about the quality. I go to the regular grocery store for everything else because the "organic" boxed and canned stuff Whole Foods has do suck.

>below average selection of produce, and shit tier meat, dairy, and eggs

This, I got the most shit tier tri-tip from trader joes

What shithole do you live in that only whole foods carries that stuff?

>Not Lucky’s

Philistines

Connecticut, and I never said only whole foods carries that stuff, just that there is one in my town and I generally don't want to drive 30 minutes to the city or some random town to get produce I know will be fresh.

Trader Joe's is literally just rebranded ALDI

In Texas, it was HEB. In St. Louis, it was Schnuck's. In Colorado it was King Soopers. And now that I'm moving to New Jersey it's gonna be Wegmans.

It's gotta be Natural Grocers for both affordability and quality.

Trader Joes for cheese, yogurt, and onions.

Trader Joe's is a genuinely unpleasant shopping experience. Cramped and stuffed with people in a hurry. It's difficult to just browse without being in the way of half a dozen tryhard soccer moms.
And then the fucking staff. Just shut up and check me out.
When will trader Joe's get an online shopping/pickup service? I don't want to spend time grocery shopping.

Ah, the flyover of new england.

Not even on the same level, TJ a shit

That said, Fresh Market > WF

Neither. I just shop at Hannaford.

Whole Foods' deli meat is mediocre or worse if you have a local place that gets real imported stuff. It's not really any better than Boar's Head. The cheese selection and most other foods are good though.

But I have a local gourmet shop with salamis, jamon iberico, mortadella etc. that blows WF's deli out of the water.

>whole foods for meat, dairy, and grains/bread
>farmer's market for fruit/vegetables
>trader joes for booze and junk food
simple

both are crap.

uhhh

Wegman's has a good business model or whatever the proper term for it is. It's bigger than the average supermarket, but not quite Walmart/CostCo big, but it's slightly upscale yet still has decent/very good prices. Sort of like a mix between Publix and Walmart.

I probably wouldn't even realize that had I not grown up in the South, where there aren't any, then live in New England for a few years.

>mfw when Stop & Shop is called "Giant" in the Mid-Atlantic
are people from Maryland just retards?

These are correct

i have to drive 20 min to get there but its worth it for the weekly shopping, i can get a few upscale things while buying steak or chicken in bulk. they have a really good seafood counter as well at the one in Burlington MA

>Maryland
>part of New England

One is shit quality food masquerading as something better the other is ridiculously overpriced. I prefer regional grocery stores.

>says Maryland literally right under "Mid-Atlantic"
you gotta work on your reading comp, bruh, unless this is some sort of epic bait

This guy has got it.

There's one of those right next to a Whole Foods by me. I like hitting both of them when I go since it's kind of out of the way.

Since being bought by Amazon I'm never buying or setting foot in a Whole Foods again

stallman.org/amazon.html

trader joes has tasty frozen meals, treats and cheap wine

whole foods is normal groceries that are overpriced

lmao
>2017
>entering a store

Pretty much this. Anyone invested in b&m retail should dump as quickly as possible. I'm a boomer and still buy fresh meat and veg from b&m but anything else is strictly online. Millennials and gen x are even moreso going in that direction. No one wants to go to grocery stores where they are often out of what you need and you have to put up with all of the retarded fatfuck solipsiptic idiots.

>solipsiptic idiots

Oh do tell

That's wrong sometimes I go to B&M to browse so I can order online

Trader joes is like the ultra hipster stuff for millennials paying for overpriced stuff that didn't sell elsewhere.

Whole foods, while I feel stupidly priced for most everything, does have some cool hard to find shit that wasn't there one week then never coming back

I used to work at a Fresh Market, one of the Texas ones, before they closed all of them.
It was total ass. Would not recommend.

each one has their own purposes for shopping.

Is Wegmans this good? I just don't know cuz I only lived in the West Coast and the South.

I've heard a lot about that place from my friends in Ithaca and so

i was in one and though about getting some of their pot roast to take home. expecting it to be fresh made in the store. then the label on it lists a billion preservatives. which means it was made in a factory and shipped frozen to stores.

Where my winco bros at

>chicken tendy pub sub
God tier

wegmans is god tier
whole foods does have a great produce section though

Sucks for you cause you are paying out the ass

Central Market if you're in Texas.

I’m like a block away from my local Publix and it’s the shiiit. I’m nice to the sub station people because I have food service empathy so they hook me the fuck up on everything. Plus it’s an outrageous amount of chicken in the first place.
Publix is based

My only problem with Trader Joe’s is the staff is so fucking annoying. I’m buying some cheese and produce, we don’t need to talk about our weekends and plans, just fucking check me out you wageslave

I fucking hate America.

>I genuinely can't tell the difference between quality produce and shit tier produce because I only eat frozen microwave dinners

Same here except substitute "within a 10 minute walk", and subtract the boxed and canned stuff, which I do not buy because I'm not a struggling single mother or a neckbeard

My nigga.

smart & final for bulk
ralphs for those deals
trader joes for some of their pastas, frozen food, and wine
whole foods for special occasion meat and cheese when entertaining guests
sprouts for everything else

trader joes is hipster . i don't mind some of their nuts, but most of their food is processed crap. I like to cook

exactly. I never buy from whole foods anything I can get other grocery store. but they are good for seafoods selection, among other things

I've never shopped at either a day in my life. What am I missing out on

Trader Joes you miss nothing.

Whole Foods does have good meat/seafood and product selection. cheese and coffee as well. the rest is over priced rubbish

Who /marketbasket/ here?

you in NH or MA?

>being this gentrified not being able to go to a butcher or a farmer's market and still save money over whole foods.
It's like you want to be bent over without lube.

So in America normal healthy food is extra expensive and only sold in stores that rich people can afford? Huh...

No it isn't. Just people shit posting. You can get veggies for cheap.
This is just meta shit posting or this thread is full of white suburban moms

>go to trader joe's
>they won't barter with me
???

might've gone to traitor joes by accident

Trader Joe's is pretty decent, and I like the service and return policy more. I think the food quality is pretty even however, and whole foods has a lot more options

Wegmans is fucking trash, ignore the new yorker plebs

>save money
>farmers market
lol, several of the farmers at the market cut a deal with whole foods in the last few years. it’s cheaper at WF plus I can get, in the same trip, stuff that doesn’t grow near here, e.g. coffee beans from a local roaster, greens and fruits in the depths of winter, etc

also: you don’t actually cook do you. rhetorical, of course - we both know what the answer is :-)

> I actually am jabbering like a moron: the post.
>thinking WF doesnt rape you in price.
Hows the gentrified area Susan?

I only ever buy cheese, salami, bread and pasta fro TJ's. It's pretty good

the only reason I goto fresh market where I live, is for the cheap sushi, the butchers counter bacon, and the tuesday sale on ground beef and chicken breast. everything else is overpriced, meme, or shit.

>are people from Maryland just retards
yes. almost as retarded as fat bodies from massilion or bucyrus ohio.

who's susan? is that your mom's name?

It's pretty nice to shop at. It doesn't create a cultlike following, but you get satisfied getting every little niche thing you wanted.

Trader Joes is just Aldi

Outpost from southeast wisconsin

Go to your local butcher. And avoid seafood if you can't find it fresh.

You sound like a suburban white girl with how much you suck off whole foods

For me, its food4less and stater bros. Only my california friends would understand

wrong on all three counts, cleetus

This guy knows whats up.

Has never been inside one but assumes that because it's a New York based company it's trash.

Whole Foods is good for the rich and lazy.

The thing about Whole Foods is that the produce and meat quality is good not great. Yes, you will find organic produce, but it will likely be from some gigantic farm and it will not necessarily be ultra-fresh. Yes, you will find free-range organic chickens, but they'll be from Mary's farm which is good not great. Yes, you will find dry-aged beef that they age in house, but it will be USDA choice not prime.

The specialty items are hit and miss. For example, wow, some black truffles or some more exotic mushrooms appear at your Whole Foods. But they aren't actually wild mushrooms, and the truffles are pseudo-truffles, and you would be better off actually ordering the stuff online because you ought to at least be getting the genuine article if you're going to punish your wallet. And then one day you go to Whole Foods because you need an actual specialty item, such as prague powder or valhrona chocolate or veal bones or agar agar, or even something more basic like oxtails, but then your Whole Foods doesn't have it because fuck you, they aren't really that serious about the whole specialty grocer thing.

The rich and resourceful person would buy their meats from a great local butcher or from a world-class purveyor online, attend the local farmer's market for produce/dairy/eggs (possibly negotiating something with the farmer to deliver stuff to the house on a regular basis), and hunt down dry goods on various websites.

Correct. Also, the human and resourceful are primitivists.

Both you dumb niggers. Alternatively, your local version of it. Mine's Honeybee

Natural grocers underrated

Fresh Market is literally Albertsons tier

This is actually true

Ha, I used to go to the Fresh Market some years back in the South. It was around before Whole Foods was a thing. Didn't always live up to its name, but it was a great source of highly marbled corn-fed beef, fancy dry goods, Parmesan cheese, and guilty pleasure pastries. They always played some high classical music that gave the store a funny, stilted vibe.

Correct. You can also go to the Mexican store and pick through heaps of rotten vegetables to find one edible one. This guy once yelled at me for hours saying that you're a white suburban soccer mom if you don't think it's fun to live like a rag picker from bangladesh