youtube.com/watch?v=HiIx6FBxHvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah

yep

Don't eat it Steve!

I'm sure someone somewhere has

why do people eat natto if noone likes natto

i kinda like it

I wasn't a big fan, mainly because of the smell. Apparently it's an east japan then, most of west japan doesn't like it.

>then
thing*

The thing about natto is everything but the taste is the problem. It has a funky smell, an incredibly strange texture, and those disgusting spider web-like threads everywhere, but in terms of taste it basically is just fermented soybeans. And from what I can tell, most people mix something in to cover up the smell that changes the taste.

it comes with a little mustard packet and some soy sauce

tastes kinda like coffee beans. wouldn't go out of my way to eat it but it wasn't bad.

Yes but people often mix their own stuff in it too like shredded daikon.

I actually really like it. I'm a white American, not really a weeb, and I just don't find the smell to be offensive. Maybe it's one of those kinds of smells which is very polarizing, or perhaps my nose just isn't too sensitive, but to me it smells a bit sour in kind of a comforting way. The flavor is mild and a bit nutty, if anything, but the soy sauce, vinegar, and mustard seasonings included in most packets of natto give it most of its flavor in the way I prepare it. The texture, though, I find really pleasing. It's super slimy in just the right way.

that looks like that time i made rice crispy treats when i had too few rice crispies!

tried it. hated it

It's not that gross. The flavor is fairly mild but it has the texture of hard beans in snot. Not something I would choose to eat, but I would if I had to.

yes,
I don't really mind it. It's not what I'd choose for breakfast but if it was offered I wouldn't turn it down.

>eating super soy'd soybeans
top zozz my cuck, enjoy being a woman

Reasons I eat Natto:
- Probiotics: Bacillus subtilis
- Vitamin K2
- fermented soy is safe from estrogen danger

j-nattokinase.org/en/jnka_nattou_02.html

I take it up the ass too, just the slime, not the soybeans.

yeah i'm sure you take a lot of slime up the ass, gay boy

I'd eat it if it was warm

West Japan mixes it with rice. Natto is a breakfast food.

The smell left something to be desired, the texture actually pretty interesting, and the taste was ok. I ended up adding extra soy sauce to mine.

I can definitely eat it but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. Maybe as a thing to try at least once in your life.

>top zozz

jesus. Anyways, this shit is really middle of the road for me, like uni. It's not bad, not great and I would never go out of my way to get it.

最近は関西でも食べる人が増えたらしいよ
アツアツのごはんにかけてかっ込むのが美味い
ただ臭くて汚らしいので他の人が食べてるのを見ると不快になる

Teaching in Japan here. 90% of my students say they like it.

I'm a pussy so I haven't tried it yet, but I should next time I get sushi or something.

first time i had it was on warm rice, after that it was just plain with the mix in packets

fuck off chink, we are discussing natto here

its good, i wouldn't recommend it with sushi (too many flavors going on) but try it by its self maybe on rice, its really not bad

anyone here read karate?

Its my greatest failure from my time living in Japan. I was able to conquer and develop a taste for pretty much every Japanese food except for natto. Tried it in sushi, on rice, even fried. Could never do it.

Love umeboushi though.

Hard Gay cooking recipes: NATTO

Ingredients:
Sugar 2tbspns,
Whipped cream 100ml, Water 100ml,
Natto 1pack, Instant coffee 1/2 tbspn, Agar-agar powder 2g

Boil the 100ml water
Melt sugar, agar2 & instant coffee in boiling water
Add the natto
(sidenote: The scent of coffee makes the stench of natto disappear)
Pour the coffee-natto mixture into tray and let it cool down in refrigerator for 5 mins
Put sugar into the whipped cream and stir
Once the natto-coffee jelly hardened, spread whipped cream on top & sandwich the two layers with bread.

www (DOT) veoh.com/watch/e89901JZHmTe8J/s186187

It's not that bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat.

Yes. I didn't care for it.

It was absolutely foul. Tasted of paint.

would like to try natto but no where locally sells it and any found online is probably going to be of lower quality
really no point bothering if it's going to be bad anyway

Reminds me of making rice krispie treats

I like it, try it with a a good amount of green onion and maybe crack a raw egg in there if you feel like it

It's pretty okay, definitely prefer it to be cold. It's good with a spicy mustard and hot sauce if you've got it.

I liked it, ate it with rice and some spring onion.
It smells though.

I just don't have a taste for fermented foods and natto looks scary. Also I remember back when I used to watch vice some faggot gajin posted a video of being drunk in Japan going "omg I need dah natto with raw egg" then when he made it he started crying cause he actually doesn't like raw egg and wanted to do it for the video. What a chuckle fuck

haha yea right

I heard it smells bad? How bad is it smell compared to, let's say, durian?

>I take it up the ass too, just the slime, not the soybeans.
you do natto enemas? explain.

I started doing probiotic enemas a couple of weeks ago, never having heard of such a thing up til then, because I had just finished a course of antibiotics and wanted to repopulate my gut. I read that stomach acids kill most of the orally ingested probiotics, so that was no good. Seems like a lot of people swear by probiotic implanting via the rectum, makes sense to me, as the bacteria go directly to where it needs to go and bypassing the stomach. Having never done it before, and being a long time natto eater and knowing how powerful the natto bacteria is for killing pathogens, I thought why not put some into the mix? My improvised probiotic recipe includes 1 trillion+ cfu of VSL#3 (3 packets), some kefir grains, and natto slime. To isolate natto slime, I stir up 3 packs of natto in a bowl of water until the slime separates from the soybeans and pour the diluted slime through a seive into my 2L enema jar. I've done this implant 3 times, and can hold it in for about 2 hours before the pressure becomes unbearable.

Yeah, it's good and mild but the texture is too much for some.

The best thing you can do is eat plenty of pre-biotics, the stuff that favors populations of good bacteria, which is whole plant foods.

its alright. the truly nasty Japanese food is bitter gourd, "goya"

why would you eat something that tastes like an industrial chemical cleaner in brick form

yeah, and his comment is retarded and irrelevant

Make yourself a natto roll
Pretty good
I like my natto over rice with a bit of chives on top personally. Sometimes a bit of extra soy sauce and mustard, but usually vanilla

>extra soy
jesus

My man.

Natto (while disgusting to me but I know kids who love it so it's really what you are brought up on) is god tier food in comparison.
Fuck me they must have been in poverty when that shit hit the menu.

Spent 6 months in japan for work. I was served natto and I hated it. There were only two dishes that disgusted me. One was natto and the other was a baby mouse soup and the bones were like jelly. Every other food I had in Japan was good though.

I miss that guy. I remember laughing to the point of tears reading those when they came out

But bitter melon is good when cooked properly. Certainly not when eating it raw, though, I agree.

You shouldn't eat it because it's vegan.

I can handle stinky tofu, but not natto. Odd.

I can handle durian, but not truffles. Odd?

Goya is pretty nice fried up in champru or pickled.

I love natto but if I haven't had it for while the smell is a real hit to the face.

Looks like fucking disgusting old cum.
Fuck you.

the flavor isn't bad
it's the texture that makes it bad. It's like eating a really thick, stringy, sandy load of cum
except no matter how much you swallow the cum never goes down, and it just gets more and more mucousy and gelatinous

way to live up to their stereotypes, pussy.
I used to teach engrish in japan and half your job is showing them foreigners aren't cartoon aliens.

>It's like eating a really thick, stringy, sandy load of cum
and you know this how

English tape recorder go home.

I agree. I regularly specifically eat lots of green bananas, onions, and gum arabic powder for their prebiotic fibre or resistant starch. However, this course of antibiotics threw me into this rabbit hole of fear that my gut was now a wasteland and that if I didn't act quickly to repopulate it with good bacteria it would be ambushed by the bad bacteria. So being the proactive guy I am, I chose to do probiotic implants. They say the gut normally has 10 trillion bacteria. So I wanted to implant good bacteria in the trillions, not just the billions in probiotic capsules. They say food source bacteria contained in natto, kefir, sauerkraut, etc. number in the trillions per serving. That's why I mixed those foods into my enema. But yes, after you've got the bacteria there, you need to feed them, and that's where prebiotics come in. Also bone broth to strengthen the structural foundation for all that. Believe me, if you told me 3 weeks ago that I'd be shooting natto slime up my ass I'd call you insane. Life is full of surprises, that keeps me want to keep on living.

アホか?かわいい女の子がテレテレで納豆を混ぜるのは最高だぞ

I'm a flaming faggot

Yes and it's delicious.

>Hard Gay
thanks for that. havent watched those videos in ages

youtube.com/watch?v=SDAFsRpa3bA

youtube.com/watch?v=0zvNp2JeH5Y

>bone broth

youtube.com/watch?v=HiIx6FBxHvk

The last time I was on antibiotics, all that changed was I pooped twice for a few days instead of once.

bf won't eat natto from a store because he thinks the packaging is wasteful which is gross to him.

Anyone ever find it strange how this is like one of the only things that Japanese people eat that has any fiber? But otherwise their sodium intake is sky-high?

I like truffles and natto, but can't stand stinky tofu and durian.. not odd?