Alcoholism general

Crippling alcoholism general.

>holiday nightmares edition

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/8005-Ky-910-Liberty-KY-42539/2092104568_zpid/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Got put on gabapentin to help avoid alcohol cravings. Took it too often and now withdrawing from it. Similar to alcohol withdrawal. I want off the ride.

No drugs, no nicotine. No alcohol.
I need a substance quick.

>Stop taking medication because doctors think it might be hurting my liver
>Wait a month, do another blood test
>Enzyme levels are even higher than before
>tfw have to quit drinking just in time for the holidays
fuck me

DAMNIT I edited A PICTURE TO USE FORTHE OP
DAMN YOU.
You are an agent of the gnomes you bastard.

What were your levels?

I used to go around inhaling household chemicals when I had absolutely nothing. Butane works. Stopped breathing once or twice but at least I didn’t have to be sober.

Not anything completely insane, but it was a significant jump from the last few readings. I went from 75/140 to 160/280.

How’s stuff gnomebro? Still off the meth and booze, or is your table still 100% bottles?

Ever stooped so low that you went to your neighbors house and siphoned gas out of their car just to lean up against their shed and huff it?

Havent had dope in months and i am currently chuggin hurricane 8%s

almost ran out of gas on the way home

gnomes are all but gone now which is good
I am raising a baby bobcat and a rat who play with each other so it is entertaining.
I am trying to capture more baby animals so i can raise them.

It makes me feel important

Probably. I’ve drunk drain sludge because there was booze in it, and mixed up my piss and booze bottles- but kept drinking. Smoked enough class-a that I now get out of breath just breathing. All sorts of healing, healthy stuff.

I hated that shit.

I threw all of mine away, Fucking garbage drug.

All it did was make me shake like I just had 5 cups of coffee

That’s great dude. Meth will wreck your shit. I didn’t sleep for five solid nights when I first used it. 500mg of Chinese glass had me wrecked the whole time. I got blackout drunk and sobered up 3 times while high, still zero sleep. The comedown was comical. Glad you’re off the stuff.

I was prescribed gabapentin for a rekt back. Didn’t help so I stashed it, but it helped a lot with WD, if I took it with Valium.

I remember you, you told me this story before

Christmas is going to be rough....

I stupidly volunteered to cook Christmas dinner for my 9 family members. Never cooked for anyone besides myself and tinder whores.

The worst part is I have to stay sober because I have to drive home afterwords

Yeah I’ve been here for ages. Are you planning to stop drinking as your New Year’s resolution? I’m tapering with 8% in preparation for jan 1st, after which I’m gonna try sticking to weed. Class A and booze are too fucking savage

I'm on Prozac, gabepentin, bus par, naltrexone, propanelol, trazadone

God I hate being a drunk

All of those medications are shit.

Propanelol is only ok if you mix it with benzos. An even then, I would never pay for it.

apparently my wife is leaving me if i dont stop drinking my friday
but the booze is just too damn good

Huh. Mine (albeit gf) left in 2012, almost entirely because of the sauce. Few fucks left to give tbqh.

Why are you people so fucked up?e

I'm not on them to get high m8

She's probably going to leave you anyway if she gave you such a short deadline

Any tips with dealing with the shakes? I work with a computer all day long and the program I use (amadeus) has some really small icons and more than once I could not function simply because I couldnt click the icon,
Before shift drinking is not an option,, but one of my coworkers who was a former alchohol counsoler recommended sugar and b vitamins, because she immediately knew what was up.

Any other suppliments/tips?

benzos

At detox they pretty much force ginger ale on you. And thiamine aka vitamin b1

Keep going and you're gonna have seizures m8

Benzodiazepines fight alcohol withdrawals.
They're addictive and give the same withdrawals, so don't get used to them.

Other solution is to lower your booze consumption to the point where you're not withdrawing at work.

You always need B vitamins (and a few other) as an alkie, especially when withdrawing. Prevent brain damage.

Going my first night without booze in months. Stayed up til 6.30am last night drinking cheap cider and listening to music. Felt like death all day and still don't feel 100%

good to know, thanks. I brought in my mousepad and turned my mouse down to the slowest pointer speed and even that didnt help much.

the worst part is, I'm on the phone with coworkers (thank god its not the public) So If I feel my hands get a little shakey it upsets my anxiety withdrawls making the whole thing worse.

Glad you're off it!

Been dry about... exactly 6 days shy of 6 months. I am a binge sort of alcoholic. Out of pot, and know where drinking leads. Still strongly considering going to get a handle of vodka and time traveling into a worse future.

Cooking is like writing: you do much better while drinking. Either crash there or get an uber.

>time travel
My life for months was nothing but waking in withdrawal, spending half an hour by my front door shaking and puking, trying to find a window of relative healthiness so I could get to the booze shop and back home, where I’d drink for maybe an hour before I’d black out again, and have to do it all over again, what felt like an hour later. That was an intense time.

just searched my car and came up with about 4 dollars in change. gunna buy the cheapest vodka i can later. fuck, boys i need to find some work

Last I drank was on Saturday, gonna be hitting the rum tonight. I figure another 40 minutes when the next hour hits, but I've been staying up so fucking late lately that I ought to start later than that. When I start drinking so early that I start to sober up before passing out, I end up drinking even more for basically no reason since I end up going to sleep 2-3 hours after those last drinks anyways. Anyone else watch History Buffs? They released a new vid, it's about Tombstone.

I think I'll do that, Thanks

Just ask for a couch or a blanket, its fucking Christmas. Wise user for not wanting to drive on one of the most heavily patrolled nights of the year.

I'm this guy... if no one says anything in 2 min I am going to go get that handle.

fleichmans here i come.

At least get beer if you must cave.

>general

I had a lovely gf who told me she was pregnant and I proposed on the spot, she said yes. Worse than any nightmare I've ever had because for first time since childhood I was happy and then I woke up.

I don't like sleeping at their house, I think It's haunted and It's very uncomfortable trying to sleep with constant creepy noises and feeling like people are staring at you while you try to sleep.

Also my cat takes medicine every 12 hours so I have to be home to give it to her.

I think I'll either walk or take an uber

LATE.

But, no. No more relapses. I will just get through the day... and the next... and whatever until I get pot and have my motivating reward system back.

I picked up some nice weed today. Only a couple of grams but it’s ferociously strong. I’ve been watching space documentaries all day, so mind blowing while baked.

Hahahhahahahaahahaha. Sorry buddy. Dreams can really mess with the head.

kekd.

That shitty show Ancient Aliens is fucking mind bending while baked

>Have work off until the new year
>Relaxing watching TV and drinking ginger ale & rye and cooking up a storm

comfy af tbhf

How much you drinking?

Yup left out the part where we fucked like rabbits and I woke up rock hard haha

>9864111

How much to you estimate it’d cost? I’d have already gone to Canada as I have connections there, but I’m b&.
Solar panels/hydropower/wind power to run a home would be maybe 30k gbp, water you can collect from the roof, net access would be 17 quid monthly for 40 gigs, a self-build home and smallholding maybe 50k and you can buy a few acres of forest, complete with free firewood, for like 20k after haggling. E.g. woods4sale.co.uk
With a still and some weed in your own woods, you’d never pay bills again other than net access and hookers. No bills, no work. It’s still pricey in the uk though, I bet you could do it a lot more cheaply in the u.s.

There's Kyzenski 'inna-woods' style with beans and rice, and there's cozy.

The US has the terrible blight of healthcare, which makes going off the grid a dream if you don't want to gamble with bankruptcy.

Around here in the Southeast US, I could get a nice cabin and a few acres in the $50k-$100k. It wouldn't be a penthouse, but I'd rather be there than an office. Solar and well water are possible, so your monthly expenses are limited to day to day costs - insurance, vehicles and machinery, tools, food, taxes, booze, etc.

I'm wagering you'd still need around $1k-$2k of cash flow a month. Sadly back in the sticks, that's about a month's worth of work for some people. Almost like it was engineered to keep you in the system and dependent on the greenback ...

Ayyy lmao stuff doesn’t really do it for me, but hearing about stuff like black holes is fun, or documentaries about the ancient world, when concubine grils were given a poison to drink at the time of an emperor’s death thousands of years ago, whose bodies still lay undisturbed in china’s pyramids to this day, is fascinating when high. And hot.

Is biscuits and gravy redpilled?

Dude what , I live in the Southeast and I bought a home and 2 acres of 39k.
I live off the grid almost completely.
I hunt or forage or grow 40% of my food
I use solar power and grow my own crops.
The only thing I pay is for gasoline and property tax (430$ a year)
Well and internet but the bill is 25$ a month
It is entirely possible and encouraged.

How far is it? I'm geograpically lucky so I can avoid DWIs. I can walk to work in 45 minutes, walk to the beach in 20-35 minutes (different beaches) and 15-20 to walk to my local bars.

Just put a few nips in your pocket, or mix something in a soda bottle depending on the length of the walk. You do not want to be fucking around on Christmas night.

St Pats, memorial day, the 4th, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas eve/day, and NYE and you are really pressing your odds of getting pulled over, or driving perfectly and get busted at a road block.

Shit, one of my friends who was an expert drunk driver got bagged because he blew a tire and a cop just happened to stop while he was trying to change it on the side of the road.

Yes, they are from the South
and our biscuits will rise again.

crack dealing as is par for my nights
>be about an hour
>i need a cuban
((my panties wet))

My brother was killed by a drunk driver in 2009. I don't drink one beer and drive 10ft.

I checked the weather and It's only going to be 25F so I'm going to put some vodka in a coke bottle with a little coke and then refill it before I leave my parents house. It's only about 4 miles, Not that bad.

Hopefully it snows so its a nice comfy walk

Go to bed, you are drunk.

I should have mentioned I have a wife and a kid on the way. I'd totally trade them in for a cabin if I could.

Here's something in my neck of the woods - $70k for 13 acres and little old farmhouse
>zillow.com/homedetails/8005-Ky-910-Liberty-KY-42539/2092104568_zpid/

But even without a mortgage, I'd need:

>$400/mo health insurance
>$200/mo food/gas/misc
>$200/mo tax/insurance/etc
>$200/mo to save towards new machinery, car, house improvements, etc.

4 miles is a healthy walk. Feels goodman

Fuck all that
You don't need health insurance.
Survival of the fittest man
but the other seems reasonable.
Except for 200/mo towards new things

Aggressively hunt for bargains
I'm trying to finish insulating my new bathroom
I found full rolls of insulation for 10$ a piece and it is wonderful
I can insulate a whole room for 60$ its cool brother

Im sorry to hear that. 25F and 4 miles will probably be about a 2-3 hour walk. Just make sure you're not stumbling because ice+booze has put me on my ass a bunch of times. Luckily I never hit my head, because I know someone who went game over that way.

You might be able to get a ride, Assuming not everyone at the party is spending the night.

>You don't need health insurance
Thats a huge gamble, especially in an al/ck/ thread. Something as simple as a broken arm could bankrupt you for life.
I went 10 years uninsured doing manual labor. That was fucking risky. Been another 5 in a back office and I only use it for dental (also fucking expensive with insurance) and the occasional checkup.
It's like driving without insurance, or a seat belt any slip up, and you're fucked.
20 year old me would say yes, older, somewhat more wiser me says fuck to the no.

Maybe just skip out on paying?
I do it all the time
Every time I go to the hospital I just refuse to pay.
They quit sending you letters after a couple months
It is in their budget for people who refuse to pay.

I have skipped out on over $6000 of medical bills and have had no repercussions.

yeah I did meth exactly once. Truly terrible. Literally masturbated 10 times in a row, drank 1.5 bottles of rum, and didn't sleep for a night. Basically super adderall. blech

somewhat sorry to say, but same.

you don't have to pay most bills.

That might work, but wont your credit take a hit? I've never had any serious medical issues outside of a root canal.

>Just make sure you're not stumbling because ice+booze has put me on my ass a bunch of times
I use a walking stick, it helps walking straight. Snow is an excuse to use one in town.

I hear ya man, I'm (((merchant-ing)) pretty hard. We're on track to pay off our 30 year mortgage in 2 years (7 years total).

I love a deal and hate spending money. The next hurdle is getting a passive income of $1-2k, then I could be on the path to eternal retirement along with the senpai.

Yep it fucks your credit up real good.

But I imagine a good portion of us here already have rock bottom credit scores.

Fighting the urge to go. I don't want to though. I've just been throwing up all day. There's ice everywhere out there and I'm just waiting to break my skull falling.

I don't even check. Screw credit.

There is no debtors jail anymore. Bills are paper and annoying phonecalls. You don't have to pay many of them ever.

Also, where I am (USA) if you default on a bill for 7 years it is erased. Gone.

This is exactly the attitude I like to see towards these fucking thieves masquerading as "financial institutions" or whatever. Fuck them. Only had a recent experience with debtors but both times I just kinda swallowed the anxiety and thought "fuck them". It worked. I figure they only do this kind of shit because they think you're scared they'll take your kneecaps or some shit so you just pay when threatened. Like, nah motherfucker, you'll have to prize what you want out of my cold dead hands, come at me.

Bought some vodka today and orange juice, but i just can't drink alot of it. what strategy do i have to take to not be able to walk normally anymore? Just drink pure?

Tell them you have no money to give them, and that it is costing them to chase you. Do it in writing and they just leave you be.

Gotta add normally i just drink 2 bottles of wine or smoke weed. So i'm not used to drinking the hard liquor.

Grab a shotglass
and a red solo cup

Fill cup halfway with vodka then top off with orange juice.
Do a shot and then chase it with a hearty sip of the cup.
Do a shot before you drink each cup
Before you know it you will have downed a fifth and get a bit shitfaced.
Also pro-tip
Vodka + Cranberry
or
Vodka + Grapefruit
Is even better than vodka screwdrivers.

I had a nightmare the other night where I was invited to a party but it turned out they were only out to steal my organs.

Also is it a bad thing if I drink one drink and it takes me an incredible amount of self-restraint to not drink more and more until I pass out?

To be fair in both my cases it seems like a fuck up on part of a company; one was the NHS saying I'd filled in some shit wrong for free prescriptions, the other a gym I quit ages back saying I owed for months I'd not been... Even though I cancelled the direct debit. Still, I get the fucking schtick of these assholes, they just try to be intimidating, think anyone will just pay.

What sickens me is that we have this bullshit reality TV show over here "Can't Pay We'll Take It Away" which is clearly reinforcing that crap and making out like it's entertainment that these Shylock motherfuckers have a job in bullying people for money. Shit's just wrong. Entire fucking system is wrong. Need more just saying "fuck it all" like us, frankly.

By your 4th cup you should be gettin pretty faded unless you are hardcore and then just keep making them till the bottle is gone.

>Also is it a bad thing if I drink one drink and it takes me an incredible amount of self-restraint to not drink more and more until I pass out?

Where do you think you are?

That said, screwed up nightmare, man, how graphic was it? Hate the nightmares I get, sometimes I think I just drink so I don't dream and risk that shit.

No, because you claim to have that self-control

I fail to do that
I do not care if it is a babyshower or a fucking funeral. If I see an open bar you better bet i will be blacked out half naked cuddling with a bottle and a skirt under the table.
Thats just pathetic and i am pathetic.

Not to get /pol/ but Im increasingly concerned about consumer protections under the current administration. I'm worried about my student loans (one is behind and the other is deffered) been making payments for 15 years on those fuckers but had a rough year financially. (car repairs, dental work, etc.) The little things that can put the working poor on their ass real quick. Ive been working for the same company for 12 years. Granted my booze/cigs/weed habit is expensive, but I've been able to hold it together until this year. I see myself in a vulnerable place that I hope to correct next year by cleaning up my act a bit.

it's really going at a slow pace, only 150ml or so of the vodka is gone so far in like 2 hours. Will try this.

it works man
50/50 liquor and juice
and do a shot before you start on each cup

You will drink 500-750ml within 2-3 hours guaranteed.

>current administration

I mean, I don't know all that much about what that truly means in the US but I know here in the UK that translates to "shit has been the same for ten years with a different figurehead at the front". Won't get fixed, it just won't. My honest to God advice? Learn some survival skills and make moves to go off grid in the next five years. Dead serious. Can't fucking wait to move to the countryside, city living is just cancer. It's completely at odds with what we should be doing as humans, completely spirit destroying.

It's working, thanks man. Surprised i can still type somewhat normally though (english is not my first language).

Send help. I thought I’d pretend to be middle class, so went all the way to the toilet to piss. Got back like 20 minutes ago and still getting my breath back. Thing is, as soon as I collapsed painfully back into bed, I realised my water jug is empty. I can’t move again, it’d kill me, please someone do a rain dance.

The fire is directed at my soul until my eyes close again

relax... you now have a piss jug. You can live for days without water. Are you out of booze?

No I’ve got some nice diuretic cider, but my god, the thirst, this is suffering

You will be fine. I don't have any alcohol and can't have any. Take comfort in what you got (alcohol and a piss jug). Don't dwell on what you don't have (water, a good memory for which jug has piss in it).

good luck!

not to sound like a /b/tard, but what color was your piss? You might be seriously dehydrated.

am i an alcoholic if i've been drinking one or two beers every night?

good to hear man

Alright. I’m going in. Wish me luck.
>Warface
>Puffs out chest, eyes strut around room winking at posters of grils
>screams: LETS FUCKING DO THIS THING.
>pops can of K, continues laying on floor, but this time feeling like a hero
Still thirsty desu ;_;