Would you eat horse meat?

would you eat horse meat?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal
youtu.be/ZnYNmGMsU18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sure why not

Already did

no. only because horses generally aren't bred for the purpose of eating, so you're going to be eating either someones pet or a failed racehorse and they are pumped full of drugs that aren't intended for use in food animals

Yeah, a lot of italian cured meat is horse isn't it?

It's pretty lean but not bad at all.

when you eat horse you have to be careful they don't kick you in the belly when they cum.

A horse ate my older brother, I want vengeance!

no never, my waifu is a horse

t. flyover

We have a horsebuger place. It's pretty amazing. The horses are bred for food though, so nothing bad about it, like said

Horse is eaten pretty commonly amongst a number of cultures. I've had it prepared a number of ways and it's never impressed me all that much.

Horse meat & beef fat w/chile adobo tamales were common where I lived growing up, then American influence fucked it up.

I have done.
It's not terribly common in my country but nor is it some rarity. If people see it on a menu or at the butcher's, they don't stop to marvel at it or anything.

AFAIK, there are about a dozen or so varieties we make. Most common is a marinated, air-dried one, similar to parma ham, but much, much leaner called bresaola di cavallo.
Another, though more common abroad than in Italy, is a large emulsified sausage, like mortadella or American bologna, made of horse meat. After curing and steaming to set, the sausage is smoked lightly. I think over beech, but it might be alder. idklol
It's sliced thinly.
All the same, cured horse is considerably more expensive than (€24,90 or so per kg v €11,90 or so) and not nearly as tasty as pork ones.
Horse is better eaten as a tartar, steak, roast or stew than as a cured meat.

Hi neighbour.
Either I've talked to you before in another horse meat thread about Hot Horse or Italians and Slovenes are the only people who discuss horse meat on Veeky Forums who've ever actually had it.

Yes, it's just plain stupidity eating meat from certain animals but not others. When I cook, people have nothing against it until I mention it's dog meat.

yea of course I would

One of my goals is to eat every animal on earth

Horse is delicious, makes the best tartar

>Currently there are over 66 thousand (less than 5% of all animals) vertebrate species, and over 1.3 million (over 95% of all animals) invertebrate species in existence
Good luck, I guess...

he could achieve it if the meat of every individual animal is cut into rice sized pieces

He means he's a ponyfag, you myopic, memespouting faggot

I'd eat it, and even dog if someone offered it.

What's it like?

Finnish/German/Russian meetvursti usually comes with some horse meat, but you can't really tell the taste apart from all the pork and overwhelming spices.

Its alright raw

I’d definitely eat horse again!

I live in Ottawa, right on the border of La Belle Province where it is relatively easy to find horse steaks and ground horse (viande chevaline). Oftentimes, you can find it on par or cheaper than ground beef. It’s also very nutritious.

I made most of the ground meat into horse tacos lol

Camel meat was also great.

Yes. I worked on a horse farm for a bit. I fucking hate those retards. They are big, dumb dogs with the loyalty replaced by random maliciousness.

The worst part is that people who don't work around them think they are some kind of majestic fairy-tale creature that is the epitome of nature's beauty.

I will personally beat a horse to death and butcher it in front of its horse friends and eat it. I'll just kill them for fun.

i have. it is ok.

I would try it, what are some anons favorite ways of eating it? I've heard body builders used to favor it

why not, i would eat human meat if it didnt fuck your brain

I do

Mine to, but there's a difference between cute colored little horse and a dumb regular horse

Hello Tchang

t. triggered flyover

Sure would. I handled it all the time when I worked at a zoo, horse meat is really popular for feeding animals in zoos since it's so lean.

I've probably rolled several hundred pounds worth of horse meatballs. We fed out knucklebones and femurs, too.

Had it on pizza over in Italy. Wasn't too bad.

t. shitposting Ameriboo

Yes, and I have.

Just had some smoked horse meat on my breakfast sandwich. Horse is pretty good, generally better than beef but not as good as venison or other game.

>eat a failed racehorse pumped full of drugs
Becomes Equus Man!

I do

I had a toasted grilled ham and cheese sandwich at a festival here in Denmark but instead of ham it was a horse meat patty with onions. Was delicious

Considering I lose at the races all the time, yes

It's fucking delicious, only a fool would turn down horse steak. Horses for slaughter have a horse pass documenting their meds and whatnot.

Nah. I don't eat animals that are capable of a certain level of intelligence/empathy. Which is why I don't eat pigs anymore. Man, I miss bacon.

Horse is great. Musclefood in the UK normally have a good selection of horse steaks.

I don't really have a choice in the matter do I?
Captcha: place gross

Sure, I'd give it a try.

>horse meat is a novelty in America

>would you eat horse meat?

...have you not?

I wish it were still widely sold here. Used to eat it a lot as a slightly cheaper substitute for beef.
You don't have to feel about it either. I assure you a horse would eat you if he got the chance.

To the stables, Brony Boy!

Basically this.

I probably had already in some food joints, where they buy horse meat and pretend it is something else.

Carnivorous horses would be pretty scary

Basically this
Personally i like bresaola a lot but its hard to find a good one, since it has to be at the right point not to be too dried out and thats pretty hard to find
I also like horse sausages but i know no one beside me who does, i admit they get pretty dry compared to pork but i just like their flavour
Raw or in fast cooking meat horse is the best to me, i dont really like the stracotto versions
I also find really common to meet people who wont eat horses, a girl i know got her pony fed to her by his dad without her knowing it was it lol like "did you like the meal my darling? That was your horse lmao"

is thar seriously considered not normal in some places? can't wait for the fondue chinoise at christmas, we got ourselves lots of horse meat, fits better than any other meat

more than not normal, it's simply not used, probably simply because they never eaten it so they didnt develop any dishes with it
i've seen lot of burgers here not knowing it but a few tried it and they werent outcasts
even in my country there are areas where it's very common and others where it's not eaten

Yeah, it was nothing to write home about.

There was a big controversy here a couple of years ago where the meat butchers mixed pig with horse meat. Everyone was outraged that they had been doing it, turns out it had always been like that. Everyone had always eaten half horse half pig.

I tried horse meat for fun, by itself, and it’s almost sweet. Pretty good imo.

i am west german and the traditional sauerbraten is made from horsemeat. so yes i have and it´s delicious. Tastes like sweeter Beef.

It's illegal in a lot of US states these days.

any kind of horse meat? here in italy it's illegal to butcher horses that are registered as running horses or as house "pets" but if a horse is grown with the purpose of butchering it's ok

Do it on the regular, it's good food

it was ok
prefer beef 2bh

I hear dog is kinda ruff

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal

You already have

I am literally doing it right now.

horses are opportunistic carnivores

youtu.be/ZnYNmGMsU18

We have a reserve with some wild horses near where my mum lives.
I wouldn't want to fight one.

Yeah, a lot of herbivores are apparently. Deer, cows, horses etc.
If there's some easy protein they'll take it. Even if it's screaming.

I'd love too, horses are assholes.