What's the strangest meat you've ever eaten?

What's the strangest meat you've ever eaten?

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2010/06/23/smallbusiness/world_cup_lion_burger/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>eating an apex predator

enjoy your toxic meat idoit

fried gator and that one girls pussy that night I got wasted

Human has become the apex predator of the entire planet soiboi. I'll eat any animal I goddamn well please and watch you crying while I do it.

Deer from Arby's. I don't know why I thought it would be good, I could have gotten better deer at just about any butcher

>product of usa
what? is it just old euthanized zoo lions? lions don't grow in the US

Shark, octopus and bear. I eat monsters.

either bear, python, or whale

Human placenta in goulash.

Camel is pretty rare in the US. Those tiny crabs that like to side in oysters. Bluefin tuna belly. Sea urchin roe. Deep-fried bass roe-pouches? That swollen 'V' when you gut the females. Rice custard cooked inside a bamboo tube. Pan-fried silkworms. Freshwater shrimp (horror movie monsters.)

Yuck. Goulash.

>eating animals that eat other animals
You're fucking stupid OP, the amount of toxins and potential diseases you're eating are very high. Also you're a piece of shit for eating a major predator like the lion.

I've eaten horse. Tastes pretty similar to beef, just a little bit tougher.

confit turkey heart was pretty cool.

tasted like turkey.

Yacare caiman, my grandpa's ex wife prepared it as a "surprise" in a huge party held at his house. When we saw how white, hard and salty this meat was, we were quite puzzled and kinda afraid to ask, desu.

if the lion is shipped into the USA for processing it can be considered a product of the USA... just like olive oil is shipped into italy and then sold from italy so it can be a "product of Italy"

>>U.S. retailers that sell lion meat, including ExoticMeatMarket.com, say their meat comes from animals raised on a USDA-inspected lion farm outside Chicago, Gastronomica reported in 2012

roo

I eat cow heart semi regularly but it's not that strange
My mom ate gator once when she went to Florida on business and she brought back a tiny gator head as a decoration

Its more about apex pred meat literally being toxic. Enjoy your poison meat.

I had it i told them not to cook it came home and ate it raw best fucking meat i had at a fast food joint

Kamchatka crab
tastes gorgeous if fresh

camel

Had alligator and kangaroo jerky once... shit was pretty good but one of them was really sweet can't remember which though

Crocodile = fresh water fish mixed with chicken taste kinda
Ostrich = extremly lean muscle meat, very good
Kangaroo = same as ostrich with a more gamey flavour

dogs can eat other animals but the meat aint toxic

Had some alligator breaded, fried, and put in a wrap with lettuce, ranch, and buffalo sauce. It was actually amazing.

>Too dumb to understand bio magnification

Huh. That's pretty neat and I might check out that site. Not too late to ask for a gift card from there for Christmas I think.

>>eating animals that eat other animals
>You're fucking stupid OP, the amount of toxins and potential diseases you're eating are very high. Also you're a piece of shit for eating a major predator like the lion.
>
>I've eaten horse. Tastes pretty similar to beef, just a little bit tougher.
Waaaaaa don't eat the lions because I established a fictional animal hierarchy in my head

Yeah because youve eaten fucking wild dog you chink.

Lol yeah fuck that guy
>muh "king of the jungle"

Different user here. I assumed it was because apex predators take exponentially more resources to raise than the equivalent calories of lower predators/herbivores. That's why I wouldn't regularly eat any farm raised predators.

>fictional heirarchy
It's a very real and objective heirarchy, what are you talking about?

Gator tail, kangaroo burger, camel burger, rattlesnake, frog legs. None of those are better than chicken, beef, pork, lamb, or fish.

Anybody ever eaten wolf? I heard that they supposedly taste delicious.

there's too many in our country this year so I could probably score some of a hunter

uma delicia

Oooh I know about this. I used to live in the area. There was a little burger shop outside Chicago where I'd buy all kinds of meats every year for my sister's birthday. Google got me this money.cnn.com/2010/06/23/smallbusiness/world_cup_lion_burger/index.htm

Guy was caught selling tigers as lion meat. Guess it's more shadowy a business than you'd think. The animals are from a skinning operation. It is not known how the animals are procured.

They tried to open an ostrich farm when I was living in Illinois. Didn't last long. The meat was fantastic though. Even got to try some of an egg. I wish it'd catch on. They're better for the environment than cows. People always ask if it tastes like chicken, then they're puzzled when youI tell them it tastes like beef.

They also accumulate more toxins, like apex sea fish. Heavy metals and other environmental hazards like pesticides accumulate in them. You know heavy metals are stored in your fat, right? Animals can't process them.

Deez nuts

mmmmm love prions

Shark and alligator.
I guess I'm pretty vanilla.

I guess reindeer would be exotic to you

Shark, octopus, and lobster. Never got a chance to eat more exotic meats.

deep fried frogs
gekko
both were quite good 2bh

I'm not that adventurous with meats. The strangest meat for me was duck. It's very tender with a strong flavour. I'm not a fan.

I ate some sort of dog at a shady kabob place in Istanbul way back in 1992 or 93. Tasted like lamb dipped in shit.
>Friend bought a dog leather jacket on the same trip.

Cats

So what does Lion taste like?

Grizzly and seal

Why seal :(. The good boys of the sea are not for consumption.

was at an buffet. Very salty meat

Shot and roasted a gull on a camping trip.
It tasted of the fishwaste it had fed on. Absolutely disgusting.
Haven't had anything really exotic.
Used to eat a lot of horse back in the 80s but I never see it for sale anymore. It's a bit like beef but maybe sweeter in the taste. And very lean so easy to overcook.

Jellyfish, it tasted like wasabi cardboard jelly if that makes any sense. It was truly putrid.

ostrich, probably?

I see the heavy metals have already started to deposit in your brain.

Cow intestines, chicken feet and stingray probably.

>fried gator
I guess it's all relative, but gator is incredibly common here.
Every seafood restaurant serves it.

The good ones will even do whole smoked gators for special events.

Pic related. Tasted like freedom.

Got some ostrich jerky from an outdoors show one time. It was pretty good.

>Horse
>Hare
>Squirrel
>Shark
>Gator
>Cougar
>Elk
>Rattlesnake
>Iguana
>Toucan
>Macaw
>Armadillo
Among others, I had armadillo in the jungle in Central America, and that’s the only animal on that list I would not have eaten beforehand, had I been told what the fuck it actually was. Thank Christ I’m not a leper. Jungle people have been doing it for millennia though, so I guess they know how to cook it without getting diseased. It tasted ok.

octopus

a vegetarian place opened up near my house last year and they only had two meat options on the menu, ground buffalo burger and ground ostrich burger. the ground ostrich was delicious but idk if it was genuine ostrich because thats pretty weird

What did the toucan and the macaw taste like? I've been searching on google for ages and had no result. Do they have dark or white meat?
I'm guessing the toucan tasted a bit spicy because they eat peppers a lot, right?

I ate armadillo one time also. It was trying to dig under my foundation and wouldn't stop even after I hit it with a big stick so I shot it. I used the recipe for roasting it from a 70's edition Joy of Cooking. Tasted like a gamey pork to me. Dressing it was pig ass disgusting because they're filthy fuckers and it was crawling with lice and assorted vermin.

>crawling with lice and assorted vermin
why the FUCK would you eat it?

Zebra or kangaroo

Prove to me factually what animals I should eat and not eat without mentioning toxins. People think certain animals are more important than other based on which ones they like more.

Flyovers are trash, that's why.

Dog .. I have a taste for it now...

The toucan I had in a stew with plenty of peppers tossed in with it, so there was plenty of spice in general so I wouldn’t be able to gauge what the base flavour of the bird was. Keep in mind, these a jungle people throwing whatever the fuck they found today into a big cooking pot on the fire in the middle of their dirt floor. The texture and consistency I would say is very similar something like pheasant.

Macaw was interesting. It’s a very stringy bird. Not a lot of fat like poultry and wate foul. However, it was neutral enough that it tasted amazing served barbecue style on a wood fire grill and marinaded in all sorts of exotic local spices and herbs.

Fish eat other fish and we get them.

rattle snake nuggets

turtle soup. tasted greasy and plasticky.

was offered raw whale, but declined, kind of regret not trying it.

That only applies to seafood, brainlet.

Gator and stingray

Beg pardon? I dressed and ate an animal I killed. How does that work out, in the slow grinding wheels of your minuscule brain, to being disgusting? Are you a vegan homeschooled by evangelicals or something?

Live octopus. Had in it Seoul, they brought it out on a plate and lopped off its tentacles, washed them in a bowl in front of us, nipped off the end bits, and then served them up in a bowl.
Was still squirmin all around.
Tasted like rubber covered in slime, honestly.

Shark.
Had a shark vindaloo at Rick Stein's restaurant in Cornwall, was so fucking good.

publix used to sell ostrich burgers and my mom would buy them when i was a kid and wed have them all the time. havent had it in probably 20 years though.

>ostrich
>gator
>pig brain

pretty normal stuff t b h. i do have an unnatural obsession with pork cracklings and eat them all the time whenever i can find them. a lot of people are actually kind of turned off when you describe what it actually is.

>t b h

Stop that.

Eating predators isn't a good idea, they're full of parasites. At least that's frozen.

baka no way desu senpaitachi

I've had a lot of weird stuff, but probably pic related.

It's pretty good, like pork but without the strong pork flavour.

not until gook moot turns those stupid filters off.

ive also tried jelly fish which was disgusting.

>tripe
>chitlins
>oxtail
>smoked tongue
>chopped liver
>chicken hearts

organ meat is fucking nasty. chitlin literally tastes like youre eating poop. oxtail is good though and so is the tongue if its sliced thin.

chopped liver is good if its really creamed well and there arent any chunks and its on another thing like a pastrami sandwich or something. by itself its vile.

These little guys are also popular in South America, but they taste like crap to me.

What retard at Arby's sold you raw meat?

I had cod liver for the first time recently it's great; looks weird but tastes like delicious pate.

they're so cute though
like bigger versions of my American Crested, but I've heard cuy are more aggressive/less friendly.

Vegan pussy

Isopod or snake
Both shit.

Circada, surprisingly nice.

moose. my brother made it into tacos, but it was so unrelentingly gamey, I couldn't handle it.

>caught selling tigers as lion meat
It's fucking rawr!

what country?

is that your fb account chop?

how fat was she?

I ate reindeer in Finland and it was really great

>nanobots become a thing
>to give them metals apex predators become top tier food
I can't wait

As far as 'exotic' meats, I've had
>Cat. Dog. Macaw (one of my ex's was a vet and used to cook up her pets when they died)
>Llama, Alpaca (trip to S America)
>Buffalo (craving beef in India, actually did get beef there but to get it smuggled into the compound)
>Eel (trip to China)
>Bear, Eik (trip to Alaska)
>Reindeer (trip to Finland)
>Gator, Emu (trip to Northern Territory)
>Kangaroo (assuming that's exotic to non-aussies)
>Moreton Bay Bugs (again, common in Aus but probably uncommon overseas)
>Bunch of insects and things (trip to Cambodia)
>Bulls testicles (S. America again. The only one on this list I wouldn't eat again - fuck I wish I translated the menu before ordering)
>And all the kinda unusual but not really exotic stuff - rabbit, venison, chicken hearts, kidney, oxtail, beef tongue, etc