Waffle House Thread

Well boys and girls, it's time for another thread about this American Classic. Share your thoughts, favorites, experiences, tips, and ect. about it. (Personal favorite is the bacon egg and cheese sandwich)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cX_kbIVxl_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't forget about the hash browns, love them

is that time again

youtube.com/watch?v=cX_kbIVxl_o

Waffle House on a Sunday morning at 7a after an evening of moderate partying. Coffee, scrambled eggs, bacon and a waffle (plain, with a little butter) - Breakfast of Champions!

are you still awake from partying at 7 am and it's like a full send kinda night out with the boys or do you somehow wake up early enough after a night of partying to catch 7 am breakfast

>doesn't serve alcohol

had a blackout trip to waffle house while visiting home for Thanksgiving. Got hash browns all the way without gravy, a waffle and a silk pie and coffee. Can't stop thinking about it.

>pic related

like putting lipstick on a pig. wafflehouse is a tragedy of good short order cooks with cruddy ingredients

Goddamn I miss living in America

>tfw All Star Special with sausage, chocolate chip waffles, scrambled eggs with salt pepper and ketchup, toast, hash browns scattered smothered covered and capped, and a tall glass of milk
>tfw when ringing in the New Years at Waffle House down the street trying to rush in and pick up a takeout order for the party you’re at before midnight but fuck it, everybody at the Waffle House celebrates together for a few minutes when the clock strikes 12
>tfw taking home and being fwbs with the day manager at the Waffle House down the street who looks just like and almost has the body of Christina Hendricks

Best goddamn restaurant in the world famiglia.

Skyline Wafflehouse

has a more poorfag friendly menu than ihop

ever since I saw that Bourdain video on this place, I've wanted to try it
that said, it would mean me taking a 9 hour flight to even consider going to one, so fuck it

I have never lived nor will i ever live in a place that is more than 10 minutes from a waffle house. I could live the rest of my life without every other fast food or fast casual whatever joint but WH is sacred ground.

You're awake because you gotta gtfo where ever you were just at ha

What's the best day to go to Waffle House user? I prefer Saturday mornings

Last time I went to Waffle House the black manager lady and the black cook were openly very hostile towards each other and shouting at each other. There was confusion about someone's order and the cook called her a dumb cunt and slammed a plate on the counter.
Great food though.

>Go to Georgia for vacation last month
>literally Waffle Houses every where.
>go down not even half a street and see another waffle house

What the fuck is up with Georgia? Not even New York City has it that bad with their McDonanld's adjacent to each other because I can at least go down a few blocks before I see another pair of them.

That's the South in general.

Not really, I have been to a lot where the servers and cooks are nice, it depends where you go to. But there are some that are bad but a lot are really good.

scattered smothered covered my dude

I love Waffle House, and not even for the food. I love the whole culture of it. Drunks and junkies at 3:00 am on Christmas, never ever closing, servers call me "hon". It's great.

Hashbrowns are god-tier. Scatters, smothered, diced, capped, and maybe peppered for me.

It started in Atlanta

>Open 24/7
>Only closed when they have literally lost power AND gas
>Used by FEMA to determine how bad a location has been hit by a hurricane/natural disaster

And the best food at 6am when you are heading home from partying

My mom used to work at Waffle House. Waffle House is notorious for getting robbed in my city. Once my friend got injured trying to climb over a slowly moving train on our way to Chalmette but we were really drunk so she just kept on walking and we ended up at a Waffle House and they let us use their first aid kit and gave us free pie. I travelled cross-country recently and enjoyed their watery but heavily caffeinated coffee with endless refills, aspirin and broncaid. Smoked some meth, spent 15 minutes in a Waffle House bathroom trying to pee. Found a Vicodin on the floor. I saved it for about a year and finally used it to relieve a horrible toothache a couple hours before my appointment to have it pulled.

well they never close and no self respecting southerner drinks on a sunday........in public

>checked
Denny's and White Castle is also acceptable.

Drunk off your ass at 4am on a Sunday morning. These bastards can handle whatever shit you throw at them. You are in their world. Honestly, I bet Waffle House employees could give counseling to vets with PTSD

I associate waffle house with the time I went into one at like 2 in the morning after a shitton of drinking at a friend's party and got a footjob from this slutty chick that went with me. All I remember is thinking that she was shit at it and they fucked up my order.

Sometimes you get a dud.
Try to recreate these events and end up at a different WH.

Was passing through Kentucky and stopped in at like 1 in the morning. Ordered some food, happened to notice a table of 3 african american gentlemen a few tables away who, i shit you not, all ordered chicken and waffles with what I can only assume was kool aid to drink.

Only if you drove yourself there

Im falling sleep so I read that wrong and tought that you got a footjob on waffle house