Potato Salad

Making potato salad for the first time tonight Veeky Forums Here's what I'm using:
6 potatoes
1/4 onion
3 eggs
~5 pickle chips (chopped ofc)
2 tbsp Mayo
Some amount of Mustard
Blacked Seasoning to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
Maybe some parley for garnish?

Sound like a recipe for disaster? I'll post pics once I start

I'm not a potato salad fan, but 2 tbsp of mayo for 6 potatoes is probably going to be VERY dry unless they're small or something like fingerlings. If you don't want the extra fat from more mayo, you could up the mustard (make it something strong and NOT vinegary) and then add a little cider vinegar to moisten it all up.

Or just more mayo.

Need to eyeball the amount of dressing needed to coat the potatoes. Ingredients look like your basic potato salad recipe.

I got the recipe from my mom, she said 2 tbsp but she hates mayo so I'll probably add more

Isn't there some kind of mayo with olive oil in it? Would that be good?

About the mayo, yeah, that's probably not enough. But in my experience it always is best to adjust once your salad is chilled because NO MATTER WHAT AMMOUNT YOU ADD BEFORE, it will always require more for some reason.

I don't know of one specifically, but check some labels and you may be able to find it. You could honestly make your own if you couldn't find any, making mayo isn't expensive or time consuming.

oh wow okay. I'm making it tonight but it won't be served until noon tomorrow, so I'm chilling it overnight. I'll just mix in some more mayo/mustard sauce before I leave in the morning :-)
(I'll probably put the parsley in tomorrow as well)

I usually do it with fresh cucumbers and they give out just enough water.

Do you chop them, or mush them, or???

I make one similar but use dijon mustard probably about half of the amount you use, add red wine vinegar mixed with some sugar, finely chopped onions and celery and some red bell pepper to add a bit of a crunchy texture. I dust the top with hot paprika.

In my family we always add some peas and chopped apple

I would like peas in it, however it's being made to go with seafood gumbo, and i don't want the potato salad to distract from it (some people use potato salad instead of rice, and some eat it on the side)
I would use peas on my own but I don't want it to be too busy

I make a southern style potato salad using potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, salad cubes (like sweet pickles relish only coarser), celery seed, boiled eggs, paprika, mustard and mayo.
Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.

I always get the Deviled Egg Potato Salad from the grocery deli but it should be pointed out that whatever kind you buy or make, the potatoes ought to be soft.

why so few eggs? you some kinda faggot?

Sorry I'm getting started so late guys, but here I go!

Pickles in potato salad suck. Use relish. I'd also replace the onion with celery or use both instead of only onion.

>pickles suck
>use pickle based condiment instead
pickles are great OP
use way the fuck more than five "chips" if the chips are just slices, like i'd use a whole pickle man
i like half mayo half mustard so sounds like you're on the right track

Im using about a quarter of an onion, I dont have any celery and it's too late now to go get any lol

Do I put these in ice water?

All done! Does it look good? It tastes really yummy, the onion makes it very good, the pickles give a little crunch, and the blackened seasoning adds a touch of spice. The potatoes were a little softer than Id hoped, but I think its alright

Can dogs eat boiled eggs?

Well I think it turned out great, I hope everyone likes it tomorrow (company xmas party, I dont think I mentioned that) I'm actually pretty proud c: thanks to everyone for the help and for keeping me company! Happy Holidays!

Hop on a treadmill, fatty

Didn't your mother tell you its not nice to be honest?

this is why i browse Veeky Forums, even if it some reddit, fake op

eating less potato salad would be more effective, although exercise would help

Savage

Oh..
I guess I thought Veeky Forums would be a nicer place to post, although I suppose I shouldn't use Veeky Forums at all if I'm so sensitive, haha
I dont actually eat potato salad, I'm making it for my new coworkers

Anyway thanks everyone, gn

sweet dreams... but not too sweet. Don't want you to lose a foot.

its fine, ignore that guy. hey btw i think you really cute. got a kik or whatsapp?

no way dude, shes mine. BACK OFF!

>mfw 2 punks are trying to hit on a girl on Veeky Forums

damn girl you fine. ever been wit a black man?

YAHAHEHEHEEH YO MANE GAHEEHEEHEEE GLAT YA CRAZY MAN RIKIKIKIKI

add mint
i'm not kidding
it's really good in potato salad

those are other fat girls trying to get that potato salad

Uh why are you using my name nigga

RIKIIRKRKR HAAHEWHEHEHEHE my bad man

mods?

You're actually very pretty but I'm sure deep down you know that.

Also don't worry, none of the people commenting on your appearance have anyone in their lives that connect with them on a deep or personal level, they're incredibly boring with one dimensional personalities, they all are guaranteed to be unattractive and ultimately will end up being less remembered and loved than your potato salad.

Which looks very good by the way.
Enjoy your work party, I'm sure your co workers will appreciate your effort.

it would have to be deep down.

Nah ck is the most savage board imo
Bitter fatsos and depressed alcoholic housewives
There isnt a thread without some autistic attempt at insults
Try not posting yourself if youre sensitive/hate negative attention

>2 tbsp of mayo for 6 potatoes is probably going to be VERY dry
You must be American. A Bavarian potato salad for instance is made completely without mayo, just some vinegar, stock and cooking oil.

not enough liquid, mushed too much