Condiments that don't belong

First things first. Mayon on a burger is fucking garbage. I will run hands over this.

Is Mayon some kind of weird yuropoor condiment that the cultural enrichment brought over?

>Mayon
If DuPont made mayonnaise.

Mayon is mayonnaise in its purest form. It has the atomic weight 127 on the periodic table of elements.

But Alton Brown says Mayo is food lube, which prevents bread from getting soggy

>I will run hands over this.
?

the only people hating on it are people who just want to bash americans and also americans who want to bash "flyovers"
it does exactly that, at worst it has a tiny vinegar flavor which you can avoid if you feel like making your own

I like mayo on burgers
fite me

Kek

some nigger shit

i believe it's retard for "i will fight you"

My Tia puts mayo on everything, nasty as fuck. Just fuck mayo in general. I have encountered people who don't like mustard, I love it and their bloodline is weak.

I enjoyed both of these ideas.

>I will run hands over this.
Square up nigga.

I use hummus as a condiment. Fight me.

Bruh that's a dip.

if you dont like mayonnaise you are irrelevant.

it is THE god teir condiment that provides an excellent tang. i recently started putting on my corndogs and hotdogs because if tis so good on a burger, why not? turns out i was fucking right and all you manbabys are weak AF.

i even put mayo on meatball marinara sandwiches and it is fucking amazing.

seriously, grow up.

my nigga

putting mayonnaise on everything is a slippery slope to gaining weight. I did this shit and it ends up being like 500+ calories a day in the heaviest scenarios

If you thindon't like mayonnaise you should probably try Kewpie. Shit will blow your mind.

I'm reppin the mayo hood nigga.

Dont wanna see no colors around my burger, just mayo, cheese, onions, and bread.

If it aint white, it aint right

Mayo is bullshit aioli (which also sucks)
And we all know Americans put sugar in that shit. Nasty.

i don't tend to keep up i guess

Burgers and steak sauce, my guy. A1 on a burger? Sexy.

mayo on this dick bitch come get it

the only difference between mayo and aoili traditionally is garlic and the type of oil. but now i can go to the store and buy olive oil garlic mayo, which would be aoili.

what im trying to say is in 2017, aoili and mayo are the same thing. pretentious faggots just call it aoili

Eggs and oil emulsified with an acid, somehow produces a product that tastes like all the worst parts of the flavors they are made with.

aioli has zero oil in it. when it comes down to it, most food differentiations are petty, but they are distinct food items

He forces people who put mayo on burgers to run their hands over the mayo to teach them a lesson.

*zero egg
woops what a huge fucking error

Yes that is exactly it. How correct you are, good sir.

Nice comma, faggot.

Someone clearly hasn't had a decent pickle or truffle aioli spread thinly and evenly on properly toasted buns..

How do you make a proper aioli without egg yolks? Or am I misunderstanding you?

They make this whole grain mustard aioli at the restaurant I work at and also a plain aioli: egg yolk, oil, garlic, vinegar and salt. Tastes like garbage to me. I can't imagine actually asking for aioli with anything I eat.

aioli does not have egg yolks in it.

you're trolling, right?

Every aioli I have ever made have included egg yolks.

making fun of the post a few above me claiming aioli does not have eggs in it

fair enough.
I've found some blends that go well on burgers, but many that don't.

But mayonnaise is French....

Thank god you corrected yourself. Small amount of faith in humanity restored.

Then you are making garlic mayonnaise, not aioli

mayonnaise on a burger is excessive, you don't need the fatty addition.

mayonnaise on a dry ass turkey sandwich is godly.

why are people always trying to start polarizing fights about condiments?

Actually this was supposed to be about condiments that don't go on certain foods. I can't eat a sandwich without a mayo/mustard mix, the ratio being 1:0.5

But may on a burger? Nah. But America needs to cool it on the sugar tho. It's kinda gross when mayo is sweet.

because mayo on a burger is godlike fite me irl you fucking faggot

theres an izakaya by me that puts mayo on everything and puts mayo squirts on the plates for meat

Because "Mayo is just fatty fat fat fat and anybody who eats it is a fat burger!"

I tried to make mayonaisse the other day. I didn’t have lemon juice. I used grey poupon mustard and orange juice instead with two egg yolks and vegetable oil. After whisking, it was just a soupy mess. Where did I go wrong? I used vinegar too.

You have to be fast as fuck and relentless in the whisking. To be honest making mayo and aioli by hand is a difficult thing to master. Oil should be introduced to the mixture slowly and careful not to over work and "break" the mix.

Added the oil to the egg too fast probably. You have to start out with literally like a few drops at a time to get the emulsification started.