Britbong here

britbong here
can anyone recommend a hot sauce with good flavour AND heat, which is also available in any big supermarket........
pic related. tried this, really nice flavour, but zero heat..........like how this is called a hot sauce ill never know

Other urls found in this thread:

tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/287247842?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS - Grocery - New*PX | Shopping GSC | Top Offers*PRODUCT GROUP287247842*&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlJvC9eSd2AIVCzPTCh2f1AY2EAQYAyABEgIk9fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289670276,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you have encona in britain
slightly different flavour though but it's made with habaneros

You will struggle to find anything decent in a supermarket. I think I've tried most of them, and its all fairly weak. Nothing is particularly spicy.

Better off looking at local delis or online. Personal favourite is Wiltshire Chilli Farm. Some of their sauces are excellent, as are their jams. Another option is TK Maxx which is a bit more accessible than delis - they have some good sauces on occasion but its variable.

You’re probably not going to find any sauces in a supermarket mate. The only other one you’ll probably run into at the supermarket is Tobasco, but that’s in the same league as Cholula. Amazon is pretty good for sauces though.

I’d recommend El Yucateco, one of my favourite sauces from when I lived in the US. You can get a bottle of the standard stuff for 4-6 quid on amazon, and variety 4-5 packs with different heats and flavouring (Caribbean, Black Label Reserve) for 12-15 quid as well.

i live in wilts too....thanks

tk max is a clothes shop no

thanks for the rec, ill check em out

cheers, i havent got my mind round ordering food stuffs off amazon yet, but i suppose it should be no different than for anything else....
ive seen these posted regularly on ere, but guessed they werent available...

Mango chilli sauce is good. Nice level of heat but still fruity and sweet - goes well with wings. Of the super-hot sauces, Dark Habanero (for me) is right on the line of being too hot, but still having loads of flavour and heat.

The fireside jam isnt that spicy, but is delicious with just about anything.

Primarily yes. But they also have homewares, beauty and food.

I second yucateco, but if you're looking for a flavorful, excessive heat look elsewhere. their stuff takes on a really bitter and metallic flavor once you reach their more intense sauces. Their weaker sauces are great though.

really?

He said hot and flavorful, not salty and overpowering you fucking mongoloid.

not available in supermarkets here i dont think either

This.
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/287247842?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS - Grocery - New*PX | Shopping GSC | Top Offers*PRODUCT GROUP287247842*&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlJvC9eSd2AIVCzPTCh2f1AY2EAQYAyABEgIk9fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Es mierda. Compra salsas de habanero

Valentina - regular or black label; they're both great flavor and heat-wise but the black label has more heat to it.

Tapatio is a great entry level sauce with great salsa flavor.

tesco own brand any good?

They used to sell Daves Insanity in ASDA, this would be about 8 years ago though

Yeah, we've got that.
I can't remember where, but I've had a bottle or two a while back.

I think I see it in Sainsbury's a fair bit.

cheeky

was that any good or just a bro sauce?

The original insanity was the first hot sauce to use extracts so it's really just a meme sauce, not particularly tasty

The Scorpion and Ghost pepper sauces are great though, and the Habanero/Jalapeno ones are tasty but not very hot

Seriously? This stuff is great in terms of heat/flavour

I forgot about this, there's a hotter version you can get as well

No.

Not hot.

Hotter than most of the sauces posted here

Second TK Maxx, they always seem to have a few decent foodstuffs in there. If all else fails, hear the heathen but do not stone him for he means well.

I buy this: tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289670276, pimp it a little, and make a sauce out of it. It has a heavy heat to it and very rich taste so a little goes a long way yet the flavour itself is subtle enough to hold up to user interference. With the proper pimping you can take it places, places far far away from the Thai region.

My favorite hot sauce is Scotter Hot Sauce, but I don't know where to buy it because the local grocery doesn't carry it anymore. First hot sauce I've had that actually has flavor instead of being created by faggots who think pure liquid salt = flavor and heat.

I haven't tried it yet, but I heard Louisiana Gold is Tabasco but with more heat

That shit is horrible unless you like 100% fire. It's all heat and no flavor in my experience. I had to resort to using it as a mixer with another sauce. It's way too strong.

well hey if your allowing pastes into the convo then I swear by maiploy
red curry paste is the shit for sauces, marinades or curries..........very hot but full o flavour

>Tobasco
I see this spelling here quite often, is it a regional thing?

pretty good, there's a jalapeno one too

It is not,its just louisiana with some tabasco flavour added

nandos....... really

I love the green El Yucateco on roasted pork.

will second this, Encona sucks

Pretty much this. El Yucateco is the best "actually hot" hot sauce you can find in non-specialty stores.

Valentina desu

thanks for your contribution

no

Nah not really. I love Nandos extra extra hot, but fuck no it isn't hot at all, it tastes like a fruitier version of taco bell fire sauce or something. I dump copious amounts of it on fries, burgers, pizza, whatever

Lingham's is the only supermarket sauce i buy I buy, but occasionally the ethnic aisle gets new funky looking sauces from Jamaica or Barbados or paki lands.

>posts a picture of a nando's marinade in a hot sauce thread

This shit.

The chipotle version of this is really nice. If a supermarket has this one then they're likely to have that one too.

Valentina is objectively the best hot sauce.

this isnt really a hot sauce though, more just pureed chilli

is it actually hot tho.......the original is weak as...

Are you indian? Only indians type like this...................

>reading comprehension

It's not very hot but if memory serves it's hotter than Cholula, Encona, Sriacha

just cant bring myself to buy franchise sauce

Personally I couldnt get any heat at all when I had it. Dont know if it was a mild batch, but it didnt do anything for me.

so basically cholula is babies first hot sauce then

Encona is the best you can get in supermarkets. It's not even all that hot.

so you stay out of supermarkets then

>I only use small-batch artisan hot sauce made by real Mexicans