Tell me Veeky Forums

Tell me Veeky Forums
Why aren't you drinking tea right now?
You have absolutely no excuse.

Other urls found in this thread:

teaspring.com/Da-Hong-Pao.asp
yunnansourcing.com/collections/pu-erh-tea/products/2003-bu-lang-mountain-raw-pu-erh-tea-brick
yunnansourcing.com/collections/teapots-glazed-ceramic-porcelain-and-glass/products/brick-red-glaze-ceramic-kyusu-teapot-190ml)
yunnansourcing.com/products/2017-yunnan-sourcing-rooster-king-ripe-pu-erh-tea-cake
harney.com/products/lapsang-souchong
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cus im drinking vodka

It's morning time. I'm drinking coffee.

Because I'm eating breakfast. As soon as I'm done it's back on the pu'er train for me.

Because I'm drinking a bourbon, orange, and mint cocktail.

That's nice user!

mine was Chun Mee with one little stone of blood frankincense (aka sexual frankincense which is extremely rare) it warms the body adds a great flavor awesome bitterness taste and increases libido

But user, I am!

jokes on you op, drinking da hong pao right now

any other Oolongs you guys drink? i really like tieguanyin and naixiang,

This thing is amazing

Nah tea bag doesn't count user, Neat keyboard/mouse.

Where did you get it?

Its not original "50k$ for 10 oz" Da Hong Pao but replanted one. best place to order is
teaspring.com/Da-Hong-Pao.asp
ive tried the insanly expensive one once and i cant distinguish the taste.

shipping takes a while tho

I've got plenty of leafy tea, too, it's just that my local supermarket has some really nice strawberry and forest fruit tea.

what do you think about the kusmi tea brand?
i got that one time and i was completly disappointed, shredded leafs with some tiny twigs inside , ive had better for a third or less of the price

Haven't tried it yet, I got it like yesterday and haven't taken the time to brew it up. I'll let you know in a couple of hours if it's any good.

I'm not terribly experienced with oolongs; I quite like DHP and yancha in general, but I'm rarely in the mood for it. I have enjoyed the jin xuans and GABA oolongs I've had; gotta get my hands on more Taiwanese stuff. Anyone here tried oriental beauty? It sounds intriguing.

Fantastic little selection you got there, I'm jealous
I just ordered some more myself. I wanted to get more of Yunnan Sourcing's 9 years aged DHP but it's definitely more expensive.
I've been exploring Taiwanese oolongs as well. I love Dong Ding and Dai Yu Ling high mountain, I'm hoping to try Oriental Beauty and Alishan sometime soon.

yunnansourcing.com/collections/pu-erh-tea/products/2003-bu-lang-mountain-raw-pu-erh-tea-brick

I ordered 25g of this recently, I'm anxious to try it out as it's my first Bu Lang sheng.

when your tea is packaged like drugs, you know it's top stuff

Because I would look retarded if I were to bring my tea set to work
>But user, there are reabags
I am a huge faggot and need to hear the chant of an albino monk while making my tea at the perfect temperature with leaves picked by dwarf elephants

Because all I drink is coffee.

show bombs and vangene

Kusmi Tea sells poor quality teas with a nice packaging at exorbitant prices. It's marketed at young women..

Post your tea inventory anons

Don't have a pic on me, but right now I have some old shincha, gyokuro, a little shui xian, jasmine white tea, and some dong ding and alishan. I'm definitely running dry, can't wait for my orders to arrive.

Discounting herbals and a few cakes I don't want to disturb, this is about everything. What have you got in the mail, user? I'm curious about Japanese greens, especially gyokuro.

I am

inb4 not being weebshit
inb4 bags

I see Yunnan, W2T and What-cha in there. Nice sources! Is that a Bu Lang near the center? I'm all about those spicy, woodsy flavors and wanted to get a daily drinker.

As for the teas I got, it's pic related and also a couple oolong and pu-erh samples from Yunnan Sourcing.

teabags are fine if you're drinking tisanes!

Oh, as for the Japanese greens, I highly recommend Yuuki-cha. They have a decent price range and very high quality tea.

Japanese green tea is definitely the fussiest tea to brew in my experience. The water being slightly too hot or oversteeping the leaves just a bit can make it taste horrible. I recommend practicing with some affordable sencha before you try gyokuro. Also, I definitely wouldn't brew it in a gaiwan.

Where should I get some good lapsang?

Yunnan Sourcing?

Hey what's your number qt

If I weren't having several beers right now I'd probably be drinking tea.

Why is your tea so foamy though?

picked up some yorkshire tea from tj maxx on sale (they always have cheap, decent bagged tea). That shit is fucking niiiice. SO malty and bitter. Literally tastes like burned toast. Great rec from the last thread.

this shit is an old favorite. Tastes like marzipan

I feel you. Don't want to be the workplace weeb.

no gaiwan for nippon greens?

Because I drank all my tea 15 minutes ago and am going to sleep soon so I wont make another cup. I would say that is quite an acceptable excuse.

Also I am at a relatives house and all they have is some tin of loose leaf jasmine tea and bags of liptons crap. Guess I will have to go and buy some tomorrow.

Nah, japanese stuff is more suited to be brewed in a pot. Just try brewing a premium sencha in a gaiwan and you'll know what I mean.

I've tried some steamed greens in a gaiwan and the only way I can describe the taste is latex. Is that what you mean?

For me it comes out very muddy, bitter and almost rotten. Lots of the leaves come out of the gaiwan as well as sencha leaves are small.

I'm drinking alcohol. I'm an alcoholic. It's 3:30am.

You order those internationally? Where do you buy them?

Not the poster but from what I can see

Yunnan Sourcing, one of the greatest sourcers for Chinese teas. Amazing selection of pu-ers and oolongs with great prices.

White2Tea, a hip, modern website that has lots of pu-erh. They specialize in young shengs, and they're definitely more costly.

What-cha, a decent UK sourcer. It's where I first ordered tea from. Has a nice selection with some very unorthodox and exclusive teas, however they tend not to be especially fantastic for their relatively high prices.

thank you.

no prob

Tea makes me pee to the point of dehydration.

kinda sensitive to stimulants, makes my heart race. I think cups of tea/coffee are kind of meme now that ive stopped drinking them fir a while

It's funny how differently people can respond to these things. I () get no stimulation whatsoever out of tea, nor even coffee unless I drink a ton of it; I just like the taste.
If caffeine hits you that hard then I don't blame you for dropping it. I had a long amphetamine phase, and that's no way to live.

That cake is a 2003 shou, I don't recall the name or region. It was like $77/357g, and while it may be the best shou I've had, I probably wouldn't spend that much on it again.

I'll check out Yuuki-cha, ty. Would you recommend a kyusu for Jap greens?

The poster below you summed it up nicely. YS is my go-to, they're especially good for pu'er. If you're just getting into loose leaf tea, What-Cha is a good place to look; the selection is well-curated, and while you might not get a great product, you can be sure it's at least good.

damn good coffee

It's the morning so I'm obviously drinking beer.

I drink five cups of Spearmint Tea a day, it's a fucking addiction at this point.

Any tips for Gong Fu brewing? Got a gaiwan for christmas and tested it out, but I think I used too much leaves. I think it's a 150mL gaiwan

Lol what's with complicated brewing process for Puer.

Can't I just let it steep in hot water for 30 seconds and drink it? Is all that rinsing really necessary?

On further investigation there seem to be 2 main styles of brewing. Western and gong-fu.

Because its late and i'm in my bed reading posts. Drinking While you'r laying is retarded

Yes, a kyusu will work great. I have this one (yunnansourcing.com/collections/teapots-glazed-ceramic-porcelain-and-glass/products/brick-red-glaze-ceramic-kyusu-teapot-190ml) and it's lovely.

When I first got a gaiwan I brewed things very meticulously and scientifically so they would be "perfect". Tea is an art, not a science. With practice, you'll sort of develop a sense for brewing tea in a gaiwan (how much leaf to use, water temperature, etc). As for some basic tips, remember that the volume of a leaf can vary greatly. Using the same volume of black dragon pearls as you would use for da hong pao will create disgustingly bitter tea. A small scale for weighing tea is a great investment. Also, make sure your water is not too hot, and that you've heated the gaiwan before the first steep.

What kind of puer?

Yeah I made sure to heat my gaiwan. I followed a guide on how much to use and how long to steep, the steeping times were fine, but with how much volume my Ti Kuan Yin takes up when hydrated I should definitely cut back on how much I use.

Ooh that's a pretty piece.
As for your path with gaiwaneering, I had a very similar experienece- at first I would weigh out five grams or whatever of leaf every time, and count each steep's time in my head (usually starting at five seconds and increasing by five per steep). Eventually I just stopped giving a shit and went by the intuition I had developed, and all that's different is that it's less stressful than autastically monitoring everything. It's still worth measuring ball-rolled oolongs though, lest risk overflowing the gaiwan. I totally agree that tea noobs should invest in a small scale; they're like $12 and very handy.

It's normal for TGY and the like to expand to basically fill the whole gaiwan. Note that it takes a bit for those teas to unfurl; you might want to give a long-ish (15-20 sec) first infusion and then flash steeps for the next few.

It's not really that complicated, especially considering how forgiving pu'er tends to be (especially shou). You don't usually need to worry about overdoing the temperature, for instance.
A single rinse is a good idea considering there's a bunch of living stuff in there; it's not too likely to make you sick or anything, but it's a good idea to clear those things out.

Practice makes perfect! I'd recommend practicing with cheaper oolongs if you feel that you're not brewing your Tieguanyin well. Since they expand so much, I keep a teaspoon next to me so i can shift the leaves around.

I have one of the ingenuiTEA pots and love it. Same basic concept

Yeah I have the ingenuitea teapot, works well.

Drinking pic related, Earl Grey with a hint of vanilla and blue bergamot flowers - pretty damn good

Adagio TARDIS blend

>drinking magical herbs fron chyna

>not harnessing maximum sheng cha qi to perfect your arhat chakras and defeat the ten elemental masters
get a load of this baka goy

>old shincha

That is not tea it is beer on your picture.
And i am drinking such fermented tea myself.

Not that user, but I have some too. Yes, it kind of defeats the purpose but certain kinds might sell out and it's easier to ship a bunch at once. I refrigerate the unopened bags if there's any I can't get to fast enough.

I-I'm in line at a bakery user please excuse me

> tfw sister is young woman
> she knows I like tea
> wants to give me some premium tea for christmas
> gets me kusmi
Feels prety bad

It used to be new lol

could be kombucha

What faggot tea bubbles up like that?

I enjoy genmaicha

where does anyone get good lapsang anymore? safeway, giant, and wholefoods don't carry it anymore, even though they used to 10 years ago.

kroger's and my local supermercados don't carry it anymore, and fuck amazon.

where does a human get lapsang anymore

That's how we drink tea in sahara have you ever heard Tea in the Sahara by The Police?
Nah just halal tea 100% halal

>all these people not drinking their black tea with milk
my pity goes

Why would tea not be halal? Too much caffeine? I looked this up quickly and didn't see a good explanation.

High quality black tea really doesn't benefit from milk. Try it sometime, you might be surprised.

None of those are acceptable sources to begin with lol. I know a lot of sites with lapsang but idk which one I should go for

yunnansourcing.com/products/2017-yunnan-sourcing-rooster-king-ripe-pu-erh-tea-cake

Just ordered one of these spicy cocks

Jfc that’s a lot of tea

Me 2 tho

I got some Japanese Sencha today. I steeped 2 teaspoons in an infuser for 2 and a half minutes after letting the water cool for about a minute after removing it from heat.

It's kind of bitter. Is there a better way to do this?

picked this up a few days ago
very enjoyable

If it's decent sencha and you're already using a lot of leaf then try steeping no longer than a minute.

>letting the water cool for about a minute after removing it from heat.
That's probably still too hot.

here's what my wishlist looks like right now

scratch that, it needed some white and green tea

Ether
- too much tea
- water too hot
- infusing for too long

2 teaspoons is kinda a lot I think

It's great to drink throughout the day.

genmaicha makes me hungry, nice before a meal

harney.com/products/lapsang-souchong

Too busy drinking coffee.

you are missing a lot soyboy

If you say so but only fags drink the herbal jew

did anybody get anything tea related for xmas? i got a bunch of wuyi oolonga from adagio, coocnut green from harney, then a sampler pack of that. the gf got me some local loose blends

Tea is gay water

I got some genmaicha and tulsi, unfortunately both bagged. I'll at least try them out.

The only flavored tea I've tried so far and liked is Constant Comment. Any recs for loose leaf versions or similar stuff that I might like?