What Went Wrong?:Subway Edition

What Went Wrong?:Subway Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3VRXVvr6XU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People learned that fresh doesn't always mean good. Also nearly every other place that sells sandwiches has a better sub than than Subway

>fresh doesn't always mean good.
but it does though.

It's garbage and has always been garbage?

Subway ingredients aren't even fresh, they sit out all day

Bread may as well be plastic and no matter what you get, it all tastes the same

Jared.

they tethered their image to a fucking pedophile for years and their food is a fucking disgrace to sandwiches everywhere. the bread is shit, the produce fucking sucks, the meat is bologna-quality at best, and i just fucking hate subway so fucking goddamn much because of the retards who won't even consider trying a sub from somewhere else

1. their meat is shitty
2. They allow a product like the "Cold Cut Combo" to be on their menu

jared + the end of the $5 11-inch "footlong"

They got addicted to that Jared money, and got way too loose handing out franchises to every moron that can slap mayo on a sandwich. Jared turned out to be a pedo, people noticed how shit their local subway was, the money fell off, Subway realized it was a sinking ship and abandoned the $5 footlongs (literally the one redeeming thing they had), and all the other sandwich shops saw their opening and jumped in the market.

>Jared.

White boy touched kids. Goes to prison.

Michael Jackson touched kids. Is still a "merican music icon.

Guess in america, you do get to get away with rape, murder, and pedophilia if you're black in Hollywood.

fresh != Fresh™

Looks like they're still up over a thousand locations since 2012 but I guess nobody has the sack to think long term anymore.
You probably think BTC is "crashing" right now too.

Those black guys, always getting such a deal from cops in America.

subway insider here. The footlongs will be $4.99 to start 2017

>Guess in america, you do get to get away with rape, murder, and pedophilia if you're black in Hollywood.

All this talk about harvey weinstein, but yet we just let Hollywood blacks off the hook...

Bill Cosby: drugged and raped over 40 women in the span of 30 years. Bill Cosby is a free man today, you can see the cosby show on cable and Cosby himself performing stand up in NY.

OJ Simpson: Murdered 2 people and then made a show of it. OJ Simpson is a free man today and collects over $300k from the NFL.

Kobe Bryant: Paid off 3 women to silence their rape accusations. Still has 2 active lawsuits on sexual assault that still in court after long delays.

Ceelo Green: "It isn't rape if the victim is unconscious"
On Sunday, Green aired his views on sexual assault while discussing the case on Twitter. Other tweets included: “When someone brakes on a home there is broken glass where is your plausible proof that anyone was raped.”

"It's ok because the rapist is black. It's just a part of their culture and they don't know any better."

October 2017:

Rapper Nelly accused of rape, arrested outside Seattle

The rapper Nelly will not face rape charges from an October tour bus incident because his accuser is no longer cooperating with prosecutors in Washington state.

The woman had accused Nelly, 43, of raping her on his tour bus in October in a Seattle suburb.

However, after receiving payment from Nelly, the woman now refuses to prosecute and continue pressing charges.

Nelly's hit songs can be heard on your favorite hip hop stations in any given metro area.

people don't like vegetables as much anymore.

Only small souled buglike normies eat at subway and if I ever had one of my friends push it for dinner I would permanently think a bit lesser of them as human beings

What was Jared's professional background? Why the fuck would they think this guy should be the face of the franchise? Some average boring uninteresting schlub. But sure, let's go ahead and inexorably tie him to the brand.

I also just want to say I only go to subway unless it's a last resort. I find it really aggravating to have to stand there and tell someone how to make a sandwich, which they invariably fuck up somehow.

subway is fucking great. the meats are average quality, and the variety of veggies you can get are second to none.

>Michael Jackson touched kids

no, he did not. that was the finding of a court of law.

>All this talk about harvey weinstein, but yet we just let Hollywood blacks off the hook...

Careful with the facts now... you'll get called a racist.

Looks like Russel Simmons can join Bill Cosby in the "Decades of Rape" club honors:

Rap mogul Russell Simmons accused of rape and years of sexual harassment by three women.

The New York Times article described an alleged pattern of predatory behaviour by the influential Def Jam Recordings co-founder.

Back-up singer Tina Baker, who has performed with Madonna and Bruce Springsteen, said Simmons was her manager when he invited her to his flat in the early 1990s.

She told the newspaper he pinned her down and raped her.

The Times said the account was confirmed by four people close to her, including her ex-husband and therapist.

She is quoted as saying: "I didn't have sex with a man for almost nine years – I went into a cocoon."

Def Jam employee Drew Dixon and music journalist Toni Sallie also told the paper similar stories about alleged incidents in 1995 and 1987 respectively.

jared was caught with CP on his computer
MJ was accused but it was never proven

>boring, average, uninteresting
That's the appeal. He had that average everyman draw. He looked like a completely average dude with no special qualities, that could lose weight eating their sandwiches. Then the pedo shit came out and no one wanted to associate with him anymore.

>MJ was accused but it was never proven

The body of evidence would convict any man who is not a multi millionair with 20 high powered lawers.

Hell, even fucking OJ simpson got away without being convicted.

This isn't something to brag about son.

This. Despite the narrative /pol/ wants to push in this thread, it's black guys getting a good deal from the law (they don't), it's multi-millionaires having a different set of laws apply to them.

Interesting theory, until you realize all the Hollywood heads who have been fired for sexual harrasment are white while Bill fucking Cosby and Russel Simmons have been drugging and raping women for decades.

The only thing that separates the two groups of rapists is skin color.

I think MJ settled out of court.
Which I didn't even know you could do in cases like that.

>it's black Hollywood guys getting a "get out of prison free card" from the court of public opinion

FYP

It's the worst quality of the massive chains of sandwich places. A lot of their produce and meat is pre-cut and shipped in little plastic cartons with a perforated whole in the bottom, above an absorbent pad so it can hold up to extended underripe storage and transport.

Lord forbid they invest in a tomato witch, a cutting board, and something other than high-school dropouts.

In civil cases you can

all of their ingredients taste like the inside of a refrigerator

get hit by a car next time your BLM rally blocks a highway

>wishing your countrymen to get murdered flexing their Constitutional right to protest
/pol/ has made you a traitor to your own country.

Not the cops fault everybody in Detroit and Atlanta insists on behaving like a thug and constantly trying to run from them or whip guns out and shoot them.

>Constitutional right to protest
>the right of the people peaceably to assemble
Pretty sure blocking traffic up for miles, stopping emergency vehicles from getting where they need to be, and causing economic hardships on everybody you're blocking from getting to work isn't "peaceful".

$5 for a sandwich isn't really a good deal when they barely put anything on it. They put a single layer of thin sliced meat and those cheese triangles which don't even make a complete layer of cheese. I can go to Publix and get a sandwich with more filling for $7 which can be enough for two lunches. And it's not like it's hard to make your own sandwich either, you just buy some sliced meat and cheese, shred some lettuce and slice some onion. Slightly more work but it's not like making a burger or fried chicken which takes even more time and effort. It's not that much more convenient, and they really skimp on the portions so it makes sense that their business is going to start doing poorly.

They also hinged on the "our food is healthier and it will make you lose weight" at a time when everyone was blaming fast food for being fat. I guess people realize now that eating a small, dry turkey sandwich for a meal will help you lose weight and that they don't need to go to Subway for that.

>exercising their constitutional right to protest by kneeling during an anachronistic tribalistic circlejerk ritual

Pretty sure they aren't impeding your precious cage mobility, so stop bitching about it.

>Pretty sure they aren't impeding your precious cage mobility
I don't give a shit about football, I'm talking about the cunts that line up on the highways and stop traffic, then get indignant and act like apes when you just let your car crawl forward anyways

All the meat at subway is made from turkey, turkey salami, turkey bologna, and turkey ham. It doesn't matter what you order, it always tastes like the shittiest off brand cold cuts.

that's only true for the cold cut combo

That's because its all fake shit: Turkey this, and turkey that.

Cause they suck

The bread is constantly being baked throughout the day. Its just really shit bread

If a protest isn't inconvenient and doesn't bring attention to the issue then it isn't doing its

*its job

There's a subway at the entrance to my walmart and the baking bread smells vile which is odd because when I bake bread at home it smells great.

This is retarded on so, so many levels.

>Soybeans mixed with hotdogs doesn't taste the same as cold cuts.
color me surprised

2017 is over in about a week user...

The only people who ever say this are sore losers.

$9 for a decent sub when I get significantly better at Wawa for $5.69.

People discovered their largest advertiser was a toddler toucher and that Subway knew about it and did nothing is what happened. Don't associate yourself with kiddy diddlers and you won't lose your customer base when the curtain is pulled.

Oj was covering for his son

they got too large and were too widespread
at one point my town had 7 SEVEN subways in it
it now has 2

I take that back, there are 3 left. I forgot about the one next to the highway

They abandoned $5 footlongs because it’s a fucking sandwich shop with margins thinner than your dick

>Jared
>police find evidence of his wrongdoings

>Michael Jackson
>police couldn't find evidence of his alleged wrongdoings

It's a mystery. Let's make it about race, even though Michael Jackson didn't even see himself as African America. [spoiler]Neither did OJ[/spoiler]

i get a 6" spicy italian add roast beef provolone avocado spinach tomato banana peppers onion mayo mustard for $4. you fat losers can shit talk all you want but you cant get the variety you can so easily and conveniently like you can at subway for not much of a price premium.

Michael Jackson settled because it was either pay the settlement and make that back in a single night, or cancel his multimillion dollar world tour and cost everyone around him millions of dollars. He should've fought it, but any idiot could tell you it looked like the right financial move at the time.

Furthermore, the only accusers were A. Someone who was fired from his security staff after they were caught stealing B. The son of a dentist who only 'came forward' after being drugged by his father and an accomplice and suggested these things about Michael (Despite the fact that multiple eyewitness accounts, from multiple sources confirm that when the alleged molestation happened, at a hotel room near a music award, and Michael was confirmed by local doctors, show staff, his entourage, family and manager to have been sick at the time along with the alleged victim. to the point where they were vomiting, violently ill.) This happened when he and his accuser had been publicly photographed together at that hotel, and seen at an award show he was publicly attending. Michael Jackson, a man who was so cunning he bought the beatles catalogue out from under Paul McCartney, and hid his drug use so well it didnt even come out until he died. Not even a rumor, would molest a kid while violently ill, at a hotel he's publically been seen with him at, during a public award show in the public eye, in Monte Fucking Carlo.

This and the Accuser's father was caught on tape saying "We're going to take him for everything he's got, we'll be set up for life, if we doesnt pay up we'll fucking destroy him" He later killed himself.

The Accuser went on to recant everything he said, and no evidence was found that supported any of the claims by the accuser's father. Michael Jackson wasnt just found not guilty but he was VINDICATED Corey Feldman and Corey Haim, who were both open and honest about their own molestation defended Michael Jackson until the day he fucking died.

This is also on top of the fact that the accusations came along at a time when Sony really wanted to buy back it's stock from Jackson. And as a result of the trials and allegations, jackson went from owning more than half the company to nearly selling it all off to pay for his defense. And Sony never once lifted a finger to help. A Devoutly christian rock singer, on a very conservative up tight label came to the defense of one it's artists accused of nearly the same thing, and Sony did not stand up for the biggest entertainer in the entire world, the king of pop, a cultural Icon, Legend and someone who was THE biggest selling artists. And that's not suspicious?

Michael Jackson was set up, he never fucked no kids.

It literally doesn't.

my dad gets TRIPLE meat cold cut trio with infinite salt, pepper, and mustard and it is truly disgusting

I'm so sorry.

Basically this:
youtube.com/watch?v=y3VRXVvr6XU

I started boycotting it in the UK, when it was revealed that the ham was actually turkey so they could sell it to Muslims and all the other meat was halal.

>tfw this sentiment is probably a hate crime or something

>spend six bucks at local deli
>get a big sandwich on a heavy ciabatta bun with any choice of fresh sliced meat and cheese and all the basic sandwich veggies and mayo / fancy mustard
>side options include giant full sour dill pickles, cabbage rolls and pierogis
>spend six bucks at subway
>either footlong meatball or some form of turkey bologna
>sides are chips, soup and cookies

The answer seems clear

Fine.

Fresh®©™ != fresh

Their meat is atrocious.
>Walmart shit is higher tier

Costs are rising.
>$5 footlong turned into '$9 ... don't forget chips, drink, and cookie!'

Nobody wants yoga mat bread.
>That was circa 2014 when the growth started to fain.

A footlong isn't actually 12 inches.
>There's no truth in advertising anymore.

We're all racist and don't want to be yelled at a Paki cashier.
>durka durka jihad

Jared was the keystone that held the shit company together. Sending him to jail was akin to pulling the brick and watching it all crumble
>Got an endorsement after getting lipo, then fondled little kids by luring them first into his old tent sized pants.
>O! You fit in those!! I bet you can't get into the ones I'm wearing now, you silly goose!

Besides, there's been a huge rise in other higher tier fast food restaurants for those too dumb to pack their own lunch like Chipotle and Panera and Jimmy Johns.

it really does look a little bit lewd when he's holding out that floppy sandwich with that smile.

Halal meat is nasty as fuck. It gets the weirdest texture from having the blood drained out of it before butchering

>Actual competition started gaining traction (Jimmy Johns, Jersey Mikes, Firehouse, etc)
>Jared being a pedo
>Turns out more than half of their chicken was weird fillers and soy shit
>Stopped coming up with new items to offer, everybody is fucking sick of eating the same bland turkey-based meat sandwich every day
>Overpriced as shit compared to competition

High price, low quality.

>O! You fit in those!! I bet you can't get into the ones I'm wearing now, you silly goose!
kek

Also what is it with pedophiles and faggots? They all have that weird, overly-pink mouth and lips that always have that creepy wet sheen on them

I stopped eating there when footlongs stopped being $5

Turns out the girl was 17. which is crewpy but not what one thinks about when you say pedo.

This right here

Once you are that big, the new stores are in places that are more of a gamble. Happened to Wal-Mart too and they haven't changed shit

Then people would be incovienced everywhere cause there are so many problems lol

Any deli can make a better sandwich, prolly for a better price too. Firehouse is my go to right now.

How is it creepy? It's perfectly legal in my state.

Michael Jackson didn't do shit. I bet you still think the Holocaust was a deliberate attempt at trying to eliminate the Jewish populous through death camps don't you?

>subway is shit
>jimmy johns is even more shit somehow
>jersey mikes is overpriced
>penn station is crap
>potbellys is crap
>quiznos doesn't exist anywhere anymore
where am I supposed to go for a good gabagool sandwich?

>Jared
>White

Fogle was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, to Norman and Adrienne Fogle.[1][7] He was raised in a Jewish home.[8][9] He became a bar mitzvah while on a trip to Israel, and then was confirmed by his Conservative-Reconstructionist synagogue.[10]

publix

Jews are white to everyone but turbo racists

If I want a bland sandwich that gets the job done qucik i'd rather have jimmy johns.

The real question is what happened to quiznos?

there are ones every other block when i lived in downtown chicago. The quality varied wildly on the location, time of day, and how long the ingredients sat out as well as the bread. At least Jimmy Johns (the other huge chain) is consistent .

Or, you know, Jews.

They sucked. People might choose them over McD's if they thought it was a little healthier for about the same price, But in terms of taste and freshness neither measures up. So why go to Subway if the healthy thing is mostly a fallacy? Their sandwiches aren't good at all.

I heard quizno's disappeared because the franchise owners were getting fucked by corporate. everything in the store including the paper towels had to be bought from approved distributors and it was too expensive to keep up.

your wife who better be barefoot in the kitchen.

Get your priorities straight.

>quiznos
Bankruptcy
On March 14, 2014, Quiznos filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado. Quiznos said it would continue operating while it restructured its debt and made operational improvements.

Quiznos emerged from bankruptcy about four months later on June 30, 2014, and reduced its debt by approximately $400 million.

I never went there much. Their subs were small and too crunchy. They ran a marketing campaign with coupons and that's the last I messed with it.

One lawsuit cited a memorandum drafted by a Quiznos lawyer in 2003 that stated, “40 percent of Quiznos units are not breaking even,” a fact that prospective franchisees say they were never told. The Small Business Administration said 23.4 percent of Quiznos franchises with SBA loans failed. In contrast, Subway had a 4.8 percent failure rate.

As a single example of an unprofitable franchise, Fredrick N. Westerfield was running three Quiznos in Wisconsin. After spending $14,000 in personal savings to keep the stores running, he realized he had a debt of $750,000. He closed all his stores in 2005. "Customers used to come into the store and say to me, 'You must be rolling in the money,'" recalled Mr. Westerfield. "If they only knew."

they stopped having sex with kids

Thanks. Now I'm spending Christmas Eve making a sandwich to satisfy the cravings.