What's up Veeky Forums

What's up Veeky Forums

This is my first time posting here (usually on /pol/ or /x/ or Veeky Forums) and I don't really cook often, BUT I think of it my duty to carry tradition of my heritage so I've decided to make Baklava tomorrow.
Any hints for a beginner? Whats the green stuff on top i see in some pictures? Could i make a vegan version of this dish?? Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to make baklava
theminimalistvegan.com/vegan-baklava/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to make baklava

>vegan
>main ingredient is honey
why do vegan anyways try to ruin good dishes

>Any hints for a beginner?
Buy frozen phyllo dough.

Go back to your containment board.

1) buy frozen phyllo dough, you'll never be able to make your own correctly
2) pistachios
3) depends on the vegan -- my bf is vegan but eats honey (because bees are a vital part of the environment and are necessary for agriculture, and also they produce more honey than they can consume and in general removing honey doesn't hurt the hive as a whole, and can actually be beneficial to it). there are a few recipes on the internet for a vegan version (most use agave syrup, maple syrup, or some other type of sugar-based syrup.)

i recommend The Minimalist Vegan's recipe if you want to go that way, her recipes are usually solid
theminimalistvegan.com/vegan-baklava/

use cashew as the filling. if you use rose water DO NOT USE TOO MUCH MOTHERFUCKER.

work quickly with the pastry when it gets warmed up its a proper cunt to handle. cold bench cold hands etc. lots and lots of butter preferably ghee

the hard part is the syrup, each region has it's own syrup.

sorry, i should clarify that im keeping the honey. It's one of the only things that isnt vegan and is terribly good for you if its raw.

Oh so you're fine with the exploitation of bees, but not other animals. Fucking hypocrite.

this shit aint bee movie son
they don't know you're taking their honey
they aren't hurt by it

how the fuck do you know, faggot?

Retard.

you're the one that made the claim first, YOU back it up

shut the fuck up nerd get off my fucking board

but I didn't

it's almost like we're on an anonymous Thai beekeeping newsgroup where you don't know who's posting what

>/pol/ or /x/ or Veeky Forums
im really curious to see how a human who can seriously cross those boards looks like

>/pol/ or /x/ or Veeky Forums

Stopped reading there.

>>Whats the green stuff on top i see in some pictures?
Pistachio nuts cut/chopped into pieces, some people also put a layer of it inside, or just mix it with some syrup and fill the whole thing with it.

I prefer baklava made with walnuts instead of pistachio nuts..

That comment would matter more if i became vegan for the sake of the animals. Which i didn't. So good try. You should find a wiser way to spend your time than assume bullshit on a message board

a pretty old photo, but the only one i have on my computer.

>go back to my board

As if it's bad to expand areas of knowledge. You're all close minded neck beards. I was a /b/tard before that went to shit. then /v/ and Veeky Forums came around but ive dropped video games mostly. /pol/ and /news/ are just how i get my news. /x/ is for weird spiritual shit that i want to talk about because i literally have maybe one friend irl thats like-minded. And everyone should fucking read, I just picked up the hobby a year ago and i'm mad at not doing it sooner instead of wasting my time playing video games. I know someone is going to talk about my grammar, but I honestly don't give a shit about that becasue as long as you understand what i'm trying to get across it's alright m8.

I've finished The baklava, my back hurts, but it looks and smells great. I can't wait to eat it tomorrow. Thank you to the user that told me to keep it cold. I would post a picture but the file size is too big.