You'll just be hungry again an hour later

Where does this come from? Does this happen to people? I've never understood that saying, Chinese food is really filling to me?

Once upon a time Chinese food used more msg than today, which increases appetite and can be habituating.

It happens to me quite alot, I'll some pizza and be full for the whole day
Eat a chinese dinner special and feel full for at best 2 hours and I'm already hungry again

In one of his books where he hangs out at The French Laundry, Michael Ruhlman said that Asian tourists had the same complaint about their meals there. They were hungry an hour later. He said they craved a bowl of rice and it got pretty racist after that.

Why do chinks eat so much rice?

it's a general fact

it's a common misconception that eating fixes hunger, and it might sound strange if you've never heard it before, but that's simply not true

hunger is a complex function that has WAY more factors than what you eat, when you ate, etc. it's very normal, regardless of what you eat, to feel hungry about an hour and a half later.

certain foods curve hunger for longer, and do a better job of it. just know it's very normal to feel hungry, and when you should eat should be decided upon way more factors than feeling hungry

I think its partially genetic. As an italian, pasta is my favorite and i can eat half a box of barilla anything and feel good for the rest of the night. If i have a meat with vegetables, or tacos, or just plain vegetables, or a hamburger, i feel hungry an hour or two later.

I just ate a bunch of chinese food tonight and i'm still full 5 hours later

they need the carbs to pronounce their shitty language

chinese food traditionally was nothing but vegetables (buddhist shit) and light noodles. Obviously vegetables don't satiate hunger for more than an hour or so.

obese people say that. just be glad you're not obese, OP.

>certain foods curve hunger for longer

curb, I think

Chinese food would be some kind of starch, a bunch of vegetables, and occasionally meat or fish
This is pretty much the same diet of almost every peasant for the entirety of recorded history

>Chinese food would be some kind of starch, a bunch of vegetables, and occasionally meat or fish
And american diner food would have been a starch, a fatty gravy, and a large amount of protein. Not some tofu meat substitute soiboi shit. Diner food would have been a satiation bomb.

I feel like you two are agreeing but you're still trying to argue

carb*

The difference is that American Diners are at most a hundred years old, and that Chinese food has been around for literally thousands of years.

It's mostly because Chinese food doesnt contain a lot of fat, unless you eat a shitload of duck meat. Fat is the most concentrated, the most filling and most quickly satisfying of all energy carriers, by a wide, wide margin. IIRC our stomach even has extra fat receptors in its wall. Our body has been programmed to crave fat since prehistoric times.

you are right i was very drunk writing that merry christmas
this too though

>why does everyone on earth eat so much grass?
what did he mean by this?

>what did he mean by this?
It was probably just a typo and he meant "ass".

You can eat a ton more calories of butter before feeling full than if you ate a bunch of chicken and broccoli.

lmao no it hasn't
90% of Chinese history is fraudulent

The vast majority of Chinese dishes involve post-Columbian ingredients. It's just as modern as any other cuisine.