Leftover chicken

I made chicken stock and now I have 5 lbs of leftover chicken. What should I do with it?

I tasted some and it's pretty bland, but I still don't really want to just throw away so much meat. I don't have a dog to feed it to either.

Maybe it would go well cold with some sort of strong sauce? Something mustard based? Not sure.

Chicken salad. Season your chicken with some Tony Chachere's, make it with equal parts mayo and dijon mustard, mix in some some celery for crunch, and boom, sandwiches and salads for days.

Maybe chicken salad? Or mix it with barbecue sauce and eat it on a bun.

definitely reseason it. I'd recommend using mexican spices, make enchilada filling.

Also, curry sauces. Made from scratch, or there are some passable ones on the international aisle of a decent grocery. Or white chili. You're on the right track OP with strong sauces.

Curry is a pretty good idea. Actually, I have a bit of leftover fish curry, so maybe I'll add some to that tomorrow.

I'm just not sure how I'll get through several pounds of chicken all by myself before it goes bad. I guess if I eat it every single day...

Debone it and then freeze it. Then take out packs of chicken as you go to make it into something different. Chilli one day, curry another, etc.

Of course it's bland, you boiled it for a bunch of time. Make stock with bones.

I guess I should have done something like remove the chicken halfway, take off the meat, and return the bones to the pot. Next time perhaps -- I was out for dinner tonight while the stock was simmering.

Don't eat it. You literally just sucked all the flavour out to make delicious chicken stock. It's just empty paste now, it belongs in the garbage.

make croquettes you dumb asshole.

What kind of shitfuck idiot uses a whole chicken to make stock? The meat you get from making stock is borderline inedible and only gold for eating alone in the dark at 2 am watching tv reruns. Shit you add to the stock is to add to the stock, the rest is scrap.

you know you can roast/cook a chicken however, save the bones, then make chicken stock out of it, right?

Yes, I know, but I almost never roast a chicken, and I just wanted to try making homemade stock.

>What kind of shitfuck idiot uses a whole chicken to make stock?
You know, being insulting doesn't make you sound like you know what you're talking about when you don't

I only use the carcass when making a stock and whatever i didnt feel like getting off the bone. But OP should make chicken salad with extra dill, mmmm

knowing how to properly roast a chicken is good practice for the inevitable turkey you will have to help make.

just ask your butcher for chicken bones

i get them for like CAD$4 and I can make like 2 liters of stock

ask for the wing tips and chicken feet for the extra gelatin

>inb4 no butcher

also some more pro tips: your onions are cut way too small

they also look like white onions, which don't really have the best flavor for stock

you should just halve a yellow onion and throw that in

same for other aromatics - they should never be in fair sized chunks so they don't disintegrate and make the broth cloudy

Thanks. I will ask my butcher tomorrow.

Initially I was going to pressure cook the stock hence the small cut but I was running short on time so I ended up deciding to simmer it while I was away.

You could make fried rice, maybe KOTLET BLYAT. Just add more seasoning, or you could use the chicken as filler and combine it with another meat.

Make a chicken fricasee. It's basically a white roux with chicken stock, some peas and carrots, mushrooms and white asparagus if you want.

You could also make a sauce out of tomato paste, stock and peanut butter. Use a lot of pepper