What do you put on your burger?

For me its Bacon, cooked red and white onions, jalapenos, banana peppers, pickles, and lettuce. With a little bit of bbq and ketchup on two toasted bulke roll buns.

Meat, cheese, bun.
Sometimes I'll do a horseradish/mayo spread and put fried jalapenos on top.

Red AND white onion??? The absolute MADMAN!!!!!

Pickled cucumber (on rare occasions jalapenos)
Raw fresh: red onion, lettuce, tomato, cucumber
Dressings: ketchup & mustard

The burger top & bun not toasted.

To be honest these are just my personal preferences, I often forget a few things when I shop groceries for home made burgers. The only thing crucial for me is that the meat has to be cooked through, because I dislike raw meat.

Hahah I know right?
Nah but really I love the flavor both of them add to the burger.

There's beauty in simplicity.

So do you usually cook it to medium or medium well? Also why don't you toast the bread? Just wondering. Ive always toasted it to avoid a mess when im eating it.

Christ OP. You know that any ground meat should always be cooked to at least medium, right?

RIGHT?!?

If its freshly ground then it doesnt matter

Says someone who has never had a real case of food poisoning.

Freshly ground is even worse. You have a better chance of not shitting everywhere if you at least freeze the meat before using it. If it was freshly ground then all of the bacteria on the grinder is neatly deposited consistently through your meat, and never destroyed because you didn't heat it up enough.

Also, what's up with the toilet paper on the table?

To be clear, bacteria can only deposit itself on the surface of the meat. Hence, you can sear just the outside of a steak and be perfectly safe. When you grind meat, it all becomes surface area so now you have to cook all of it.

Cheddar cheese, crab dip
Patrician taste.

Have you never seen steak tartare?
Are you actually this fucking retarded?
Bacteria doesnt whisk itself into every square inch of your meat right away, the only reason you need to cook preground beef thoroughly is to remove the RISK of getting sick. If its freshly ground then there's already nil risk unless the meat itself was bad, at which point cooking isnt going to help you.

Are you serious? Steak tar tar is exactly what I'm describing as safe, but a meat grinder is covered in bacteria, so, yes, as soon as you grind the meat it is risky.

Not to mention rare burgers are full of fat that never cooked off.

You deserve food poisoning.

I cook the meat till it's well-done.
I prefer the buns to be freshly made, but my local bakery doesn't sell those, so I buy mine from the nearby supermarkets. Toasting them only makes the bread more crunchy/dry and it gets difficult to work with - leaves a huge mess.

Instead of toasting, in case I use lean meat with low fat ...I sometimes put the bread on the warm pan together with the meat, it gets warmed up.

Pretzel bun
Romaine Lettuce
Brown mustard
Red onion
Bacon
Fried egg
Onion ring
Banana Peppers

If your burger isn't at least 6 inches tall you're a burgerlet

I've been cooking it like this and haven't gotten sick yet. Just been enjoying the delicious flavor. :D

Sounds delicious

Britbong here, had one yesterday with pulled pork, chilli, sour cream and Monterey Jack on it, along with token little gem lettuce and sliced beef tomato. Was tasty but a fucking handful to eat.

In hilarious little England way, it was listed on the menu as a 'Yee-ha!' Burger.

>are you cooking with jack?

that's raw

>'Yee-ha!' Burger

Oh, that Albion wit! Devastating.

If it weren't from the grouded beef not being cooked well enough that would be a killer burger

bacon
grilled jalapeƱos
grilled onions
bleu cheese crumbles
spicy mustard
brioche bun

Bacon, provolone, mayo spread on bun

this sounds awesome.
also what are some great non conventional sauces to put on a burger?

Very light spread of sorghum on bottom bun. Then Patty. Then pimento cheese.

Pure heaven.

Patty is key ingredient here. I hope you season it very well

No it's not

Hahah, idk what this means :/

Thanks, but it is cooked well enough, at least enough for my tastes. If I were cooking for others I'd probably make it less rare, but this was filled with flavor. How do you typically like yours?

jalepenos, mayo, sauteed red onions, chilli and a fried egg.

Bacon, tomato, sauteed onions and shrooms, and ideally a blop of bleu cheese.

Probs gonna try this everything but the Mayo

First of all... another burger.
Cheddar and Provolone in between patties.
Add sauteed sweet onions and mushrooms.
Pickled banana peppers.
Lettuce is for rabbits and heartburn lovers. Give me spinach.
Put on a whole wheat sesame seed bun smothered in real thick mayo.
Serve with thin-cut double fried crispy fries (Lightly salted/medium black pepper).
Unsweetened black tea (refrigerated because fuck ice).
Call for seconds when you sit down.

A recipe for a happy life... and slow death.

cheddar cheese
tartar sauce
shredded lettuce

Unsweetened Ice tea would go well with the burgers I make.

Brown mustard, just a bit of ketchup on the bun opposite the mustard, a thick slice of red onion, iceburg lettuce (for the crunch), dill pickles.

Optional items include bacon, eggs, hot peppers, hot sauce, peanut butter, crispy fried shallots, bbq sauce, jam (strawberry). Obviously not all at the same time.

you're the second person to tell me that peanut butter on burgers is good, this interests me.

Why is it so good on burgers?

Also Brown mustard does sound good. I also like to put two different sauces on different buns.

It's hard to describe. You don't need a ton, just a nice thin spread under the bun is enough I find.

Just try it one day.

I'm gonna try it next time I make a burger at home

dunno. i don't put sauce on my burglar. i want to taste the other stuff

I'll deff try it one day. Sometimes if the burgers are a day or two away from sell by and I know I won't eat them all entirely, I make test burgers. Where I really try something new with them.

Otherwise I like to stick to what I like most of the time, but this really intrigues me.

>Bottom bun
>Romaine lettuce
>Slice of tomato
>Burger
>Fake cheese slice
>Bacon, sauteed onions
>Top bun

Op here. I heard some of you thought my original was too rare. What do you think of this one? I was distracted while cooking so unfortunately I cooked it a little more done than usual.

Looks a bit not there.

>thick, ropey, milked prostate boicummies fresh from the cock
>in between two boibunns

Forgot the pic

if your ground your own meat, not bad. If you didnt, underdone.

really? I thought my original burger was better because it was more rare and had more flavor.

What kind of done do you typically like your burger at user?

is I grind my own, whatever... crust on the outside, warm in the middle. If I buy ground, medium.

Fair enough. I usually buy the patties premade from my favorite blend because I normally don't have time to make them myself. I have this one brand that I really like since the place that I work at uses the same brand.

Diced mushrooms mixed in with the beef (or turkey if the gf insists)
raw yellow onion
heirloom tomato when they're in season
fresh jalapapapappaleno
cheddar cheese
brown mustard
bun is typically toasted

if your breath isn't rank afterwards you didn't really eat a burger

pleb

I typically don't put any greenery on my burgers but spinach is the way to go here

I've had jam on a burger before, really surprised me how good it was. I think it was raspberry but I don't really remember

Everytime I hear of jam on a burger I think of that one episode of Spongebob

that's probably what got me to try it in the first place honestly

it did look pretty good on those krabby patties.

Has anyone here ever have a pb and jam burger

I made a burger with egg today. Never again, I hated the texture conflicts.