Recipe is written by a middle aged woman

>recipe is written by a middle aged woman
>takes 6 paragraphs and 2/3 of the page before actually getting to the recipe

>when i was a little girl my best memories were of my grandmas cottage and her homemade cookies...
>20 pages later
>slice premade cookie dough and put it on a fucking greasy baking sheet #metoo

>woman in comments changes up half the recipe turning the dish into something else.
>Gives it 3 out of 5 stars

>women

Those things are called "Mom Blogs". Mom got nothing to do, start food blog. Spend all day writing stories for other moms to read. Recipe is incidental, it's really about the story. Not the food.

>ingredients measured by volume

Absolutely disgusting

This triggers me so fucking hard. If you didn't cook the actual recipe then you can't give it a fucking rating

>caring whether the amount of water is given in l or g
volume measurements are only a problem if the substance is compressible

Nice mac n cheese bake! I replaced the elbow macaroni with fettuccine and added 2 cans of tomatoes to the cheese sauce. My husband loved it!!!! 3.5/5 stars (Next time I'll use more cilantro!)

My fat stepmom was taken back when I made fucking chicken stir fry for using vegetables when I went to visit my dad and sisters.

I just felt like I was dying while eating their shitty processed food for a week.

They ordered fucking pizza hut. FUCKING PIZZA HUT. And they didn't refrigerate it. They ate it the next day after leaving it on the counter.

Is this how most Americans behave? Do they just eat fucking hamburger helper every night? What in the fuck?

Eat a fucking vegetable and lift a weight. Swim a lap. Jesus christ dude.

Some people like prep to not take an hour. It takes a fraction of the time to measure something out in a cup vs putting it on a scale and weighing it out. There's no reason any proper recipe shouldn't list both though.

I had gone on a tremendous rant about this recently
I didn't realize it was something other people realized and were annoyed by

JUST TELL ME HOW LONG TO COOK CHICKEN!

you ever heard of this thing called density you dumbcock?

why isn't there a word for when you compress things. "make it more compressy" sounds stupid.
fucking english is retarded

aged pizza is delicious faggot

liquids can't go more compressy and a liter of oil is still lighter than a lighter of water, damn

Pizza hut is for fat pieces of shit with no taste and an inability to run a mile or bench a plate.

Processed grains are for the feeble minded.

wait so are you saying all ingredients are the same density or that you're only ingredients are water and oil

I'm saying compression doesn't equal compression. Liquids are incompressible and still different density. You can increase density by compression, yes, but it doesn't equal. Science bitch

lol, compression doesn't equal density is what I was about to say. I'll get a nap

Yeah that's pretty much what OP said but less subtle.

>until a knife comes out clean

Can't stand stuff like this. Who wants to poke holes in their pie or whatnot just to know whether it's done?There is always a better way.

Only fat Americans. There's the regular ones that eat healthy and exercise and then there's the fat ones that only know fast food.

Hey, asswipe. In non-retarded countries there's ways to use a measuring cup without having amounts given in fucking autistic "cup" amounts. Use the metric system you fucking amerilards REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>use arbitrary spergunits invented by some french pansy because it's more LAWGICKUHL
my car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and thats the way i likes it

I could sympathize if you only used it for things like liquids and powders but when an american recipe calls for 3 cups of carrots and 1 cup of onions I get mad.

Leaving food on the counter for a night is nothing noteworthy if you live in a temperate climate

How is it ever faster to use measuring cups than a scale? Just place the bowl on the scale and pour until you have the correct amount.

I'm mostly annoyed by the fact that there are like 3 different cup sizes depending on where the recipe is from.

I had to deal with "a tablespoon" of butter yesterday. I mean what they fuck.

you type like a homo faggot

Did that confuse your peabrain or are you just a pretentious cunt

>want to try something new
>uncommon ingredients
>"cook until done" or something similar
I usually can figure it out, but just one extra line would help a lot of people I think. For instance, assuming onions are uncommon, just adding "until they look translucent" makes a world of a difference.

How does it feel being a shit cook? Unless you were baking it doesnt matter if you got the butter amount exact. Ffs

exactly that but with any amount of stars

>assuming onions are uncommon
stupid faggot

It doesn't usually matter to get it exact in baking either, but a tablespoon is still a shit unit for meassuring butter.

The only way around it is knowing the density of the more common ingredients.

you are a massive faggot and you should kill yourself

I love you too faggot, merry christmas

I hate this crap and I mostly come across it online. It's mostly them patting themselves on the back.

It's printed on the paper retard, you can't tell by eye alone anyway?

Let her have her moment. She did something without making a man finish it, she needs all the praise she can get.

>I had gone on a tremendous rant about this recently
>I didn't realize it was something other people realized and were annoyed by
Yes it is annoying. I just scroll down until I see the recipe now. and speak the truth.

These women are bored AF. Just read the comments. Sure you will see like said, but more often the comments are about how "delicious this LOOKS" and how "they will make it ASAP" yet you rarely see comments about how it tasted. Most of these chicks also have their own """photography""" business and the pics are not only for pintrest (You)s but to subtlely promote their $500 digital camera wedding photography side hustle.

>find gingersnap recipe online
>average review is 3 stars
>most are one-star reviews saying the dough came out too runny
>recipe probably had a typo
>One five-star review from the author
"Yum yum yummmmmmmmmmmy!"

This sickness starts in middle school when you get a random topic and are forced to write a minimum # of words about it. This happens in news stories too but it’s 10x worse:
*go to link, click off pop-up for app, click off ad pop-up, click off notice that site uses cookies*
1. Headline w/summary
2. Start of article repeating the exact same words as the story
3. Link to related article right between the first 2 paragraphs
4. Advertisement
5. Finally read the important part (if you’re lucky)
There’s so much waste of space and language online. But yes, recipe blogs are ridiculous.

This is pasta right?

Are you incapable of just scrolling past the blog post? Takes all of three seconds.

>Two products on Amazon
>One has mostly 5-star reviews with a smooth taper downwards, the least number of reviews being 1-star
>The other has about half 5-star reviews, it smoothly tapers down, then there's a sharp uptick in 1-star reviews
>Both have a average rating of 4 stars in the search results

You are grossly exaggerating how hard it is to use a scale. You literally just turn it on and voila.

This. Plus cup, or spoon, measurements are very rough for pulses and powders. A scale can accurately determine things, and flip back and forth between grams and ounces with a single button.

It's the goddamned calculator of cooking, vs doing long-hand and risking fucking something up.

it's an SEO phenomenon

if you have more content on your pages they get rated btter

that's why so many of these blogs look so similar

>Doesn't use International System of Units