Buy crusty sourdough loaf

>buy crusty sourdough loaf
>get home
>have a small piece, it's good
>8 hours later, the loaf is hard as a rock
How to resuscitate crusty day old bread?

Make garlic bread or French toast

dip it in borscht like crusty bread is intended for

Put it in a airtight bag and into the fridge.

Put it on a bowl and microwave it with a damp paper towel or sponge. Around a minute will do, but it depends on how much bread you have left and the wattage of the microwave.

P A I N P E R D E U
A
I
N

P
E
R
D
U

French toast is the shit, and literally supposed to be made with old bread. I'd also recommend a sopa de ajo, which is like a bread and garlic soup that you poach an egg in.

>Microwave, around a minute will do
this kills the bread

"They" add chemicals to make it age quickly so you have to buy more

depending on the power/time, a quick go in the mike with something damp wiill soften hard bread without makig it go rubery

I tried it for just 10 seconds wrapped in a damp towel and it was already on its way to rubber town. I threw it in the oven after that and that seemed to work better.

This. I made sourdough bread at home and I know it lasts more.

You can use it for pain perdu or toast it.
But you can’t «recover» it as to make it as its initial state.
It’s supposed to be eaten in the next meal.
I’m French.

Jokes on them, day old bread has a billion uses

>I’m French

Why are you using Slavic quotation marks?

Name one million.

i agree, the oven works better, I think it depends of the bread too, some breads just wont come back....its the problem i have localy with a popular bakery, their shit is only good the day its baked, by day two its a rock and most of the restaurants serving it dont seem to get that and keep serving it day old(the sandwiches almost killed a tooth once lol)

i find that some conditioned breads will come back aceptably, or if your just trying to make it slice easier to toast/crouton/bread crumb it the microwave trick isnt awful

sourdough baker here. some advice:

>after you slice part of it off to eat, place it cut-side down on a cutting board or countertop. if you feel like it, you can place a bag over top or wrap a kitchen towel around it. the key is to limit the air exposure to the crumb (internal structure of the bread.)

>if your bread is just plain stale, run it under water (cut-side down, to avoid getting water in the crumb) and then stick in it in an oven at a super low temp (250-300F) to warm it up.

>if your bread is just plain stale, run it under water (cut-side down, to avoid getting water in the crumb) and then stick in it in an oven at a super low temp (250-300F) to warm it up.

this. it works. ive sliced loaves in half and gotten the crumb wet and baked it and it works too but it takes a lot longer.

>Pain perdu

If you're gonna speak American then at least say the American words

FRENCH TOAST

Warm up it in microwave

well its a common european trick to re hydrate cookies with a slice of white bread so try useing stale cookies to give your bread more life

wet it and wrap it foil and put it in the oven until crispy and soft

I could eat myself into a coma with sourdough French toast.

The fuck are you on about these are the same in France you retard

the bread is already 12h old once you get it
i usually get em pre-baked that need to be baked for another 10m

also wrapping it in cling film helps

French onion soup. Use it as croutons to soak it up.

>perdeu

what

sopa de ajo always gets soggy and gross after a couple hours, kind of annoying

>and into the fridge.

>caucasian

Just toast it m8

Toast it lightly

Ted.

Toast it tenderly.

A minute???

OP this is right, except only for like 10-15 secs on 100% power

Toast is aggressively