Japan food pictures

Bored so gonna dump some pics from last month or so. Mostly ramen and other cheap, delicious carbs. No Jiro, other sushi or kaiseki desu.

How come you never see Americans wearing those masks? Seems like every other picture I see of Japan someone is wearing one but I don't think I've ever seen an American wearing one

Looks like a nice life there friendo
I hope you're happy in nip-land.

funny enough my third world country has laws in place that prohibit wearing masks covering your face in public.

Op here. Someone mentioned citizens are wary of spreading their germs and potentially causing sickness to some other productive worker bee.

Pretty comfy and always something funny to see even if you're in the city.

I was there in August. Wish I had more food pics.

Where did you visit, bro?

Hokkaido foods are the most comfy.
Tokyo food are comfy in the rain if you like that city hole in wall ramen comfy.

My gf cooked me a banana bacon sandwhich.
Weird but it tasted good.

Sweet + salty + bread is a winning equation my friend.

Went to Nagoya to RoboCup and after that went to Osaka. Did day trips to Narra and Kobe as well. Kobe was the unexpected highlight of the trip. I wasn't prepared for the weather though. I'm Australian and so I thought I could handle it but the humidity was nuts. I take it you live there?

RoboCup is something I've always wanted to see. You're in robotics?

No, I live in Texas but my brother lives in Toyko and I make it a point to go at least once a year. But yeah, I usually avoid summers.

>sweet potato
whoa sounds interesting
cool pics OP

Thanks, breh.

Thanks for the dump OP, I only wish you could have posted some locations to where I could find some of these, though I realize thats a lot to ask for. Thank you though, it was very nice!!

Aw shit I was going to but was lazy. I put most of the file names of the ramen pics as the establishment name.

This pic is of Gokkei in Kyoto. It's a super thick chicken gravy styled ramen. Comes in a spicy version as well. Wanted to try it but one bowl is enough to put you down for the rest of the day.

Probably my favorite place on my trip. Hakugintei, as curry places a few mins walk from Honmachi Station in Osaka. Perfect amount of spice.

Menya Itto. Best tsukemen I've ever had. Eastside of Tokyo, get off at Shin-Koiwa Station. Surrounding neighborhood is pretty cool.

Sekai no Yamachan. Popular fried chicken wing chain that are usually open late.

Hakata is home to tonkotsu. This place serves gyokai (fish) tonkotsu. Nakasu area. Open from 6pm-6am. There's a disgruntled Indian dude who works there.

Pretty famous place in the basement of Tokyo Station. It was okay but I wouldn't wait in this line and stand on this marker again.

Kurume Seiyoken. One of the birthplaces of tonkotsu in Kurume (just southeast of Fukuoka). Small town and didn't come across any other tourists. Make sure to get the mukashi or old school ramen. It's richer and comes with fried pork back fat chicharrones.

Miso ramen in Ikebukuro. Not a huge fan.

So many cats.

Cappuccino tonkotsu in Fukuoka. Bretty gud.

how come the foodies never go to yakiniku or shabushabu?

social cooking with friends and beer is the best thing I did while living in japan.

Most of these places I went alone. I did go to shabu tabehoudai a couple times in Tokyo when I met up with people.

Forgot pic.

is that a chicken/pork/potato stock on the right?

It was called "Tounyu Collagen" so soy milk.

love ya user bretty gud pics

kushi katsu is godly. lotus plant was particularly crunchy and delicious, and I remember this one place I ate at had a whole hardboiled egg fried kushi katsu style. fuckin bomb.

you get this during cold season, japs everywhere wearing masks all day, including work.
what country?

Not op, but if I'm traveling alone, I enjoy doing the lonely gourmet thing, drifting into some interesting-looking neighborhood place around 45 minutes before closing on a weeknight when I can chat with the surprised owner while they do pre-closing teardown if they're feeling conversational.

Also, you know, if I am meeting up with friends I have better things to do that photograph and take notes, and they're not necessarily there to be inadvertently doxxed all over the 4chins.

This place made for my first lunch in Japan last year. I had heard a lot about it...but I didn't really like it. The soup tasted like noodles in gravy, and there was a cold, wet piece of chicken breast on top. It didn't taste bad. Just wasn't my thing. I'm glad i ordered the ponzu wedge to cut through the fattiness a bit.

I didn't think I'd be that into shio ramen before going to Japan, but my favorite bowls were shios. I stayed in Taito, near Akihabara, and was lucky to be close to Motenashi Kuroki. I ate there twice in the week I was in Tokyo. Inoichi in Kyoto was also awesome.

Not ramen, but there's also great tonkatsu and oyakodon in Akihabara. Anyone else here eat at Marugo or Toritsune Shizendo?

Since I went alone, I didn't partake in any shabu shabu or yakiniku or sukuyaki. What I'm really interested in though is chanko nabe. Wish I could've done that.

Lonely eating is awesome. My favorite parts were walking from stations or bus stops to an eating establishment and taking in the neighborhood.

It wasn't my favorite either. Very refined but I preferred the other two 'chicken' ramens I posted. Non-creamy rich chicken soup (Noroma in Nara), which was a lot more gravy like than Kagari.

Motenashi was one of the first places I had ramen in Japan. I've never been there for the duck ramen they sell once a week but will try to make it next time. Didn't have chanko nabe this time but did try motsunabe (offal nabe) in Fukuoka.

American here. I live in San Francisco which has a pretty strong Asian community, face masks are incredibly common especially on public transit. Some wear them because they don't wan't to get sick, some wear them because they are sick and don't want to infect others. Wine country burned down the other day so pretty much everyone I know wore a n-95 particulate filter due to the air quality. Walgreens made a killing on crappy n-95 masks those couple days.

how many did you snuggle?

Snuggle never die.

Moyan Curry. If you're in Ikebukuro and craving curry, this is your place. 1000 yen for a full curry (varying spicy levels) buffet. The place is hard to spot. Basement and barely enough room to move when you get down there. Close quarters eating taken up a few notches. Delicious but you'll be glad the Japanese have advanced toilet tech afterwards.

Sliver of an entrance.

I really like the geometry of that plate. There's no question left to orientation of the meal.

this is not food pics from japan thread. gtfo