Mashed potatoes

What should I put in my mashed potatoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

cooksillustrated.com/articles/332-ultimate-french-mashed-potatoes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just do salt + pepper, butter, and half and half or heavy cream.

Saute some garlic, add parmigiano reggiano, and cream. Or milk.

One of the most important things is to remember not to stir it and fuck with it too much or else they will get gluey. I also like to add sour cream and chives

Butter, you fucked up by not using a food processor.

Ty I'll have a duiscussion with the family
We're still making it.

C H I V E S
H
I
V
E
S

Well they just tossed in the cream cheese... and ignored this.

Garlic, black pepper and a splash of milk

...ugh

They probably just used shitty russet potatoes to begin with anyway, so i guess shit potatoes go well with shitty ingredients.

Fresh herbs (rosemary, chives or dill) and garlic

salt, pepper, a bit of garlic, chopped pineapple

an absurd amount of butter and cream

>chopped pineapple
WAT

Boursin.

Roasted garlic if you have it and garlic powder if you don't.

Delicious with crackers, but no

yeah, its surprisingly good, try it next time

obvious american is obvious

>not french

Sour cream, butter, milk, salt, pepper. All that's really necessary but you make some homemade gravy too.

Roasted garlic, msg, cream cheese or quark, hard cheese like cheddar. Cream, or half cream half milk, butter, salt, pepper. Dried or fresh chives. Twice bake them for brown top.

I made mashed potatoes with my Christmas dinner tonight with lots of butter, roasted garlic, sharp cheddar and some bacon.

and make sure some snotty french chef sees you mashing it in too.

Just drop the trip

Do not listen to these mutts. Salt pepper butter and cream or milk is all you should be putting in mash

these

The skins. You already fucked up

>butter

childs palate

Says the guy mixing cheese into his mash

mashed potatoes aren't a fucking meal, you don't need some bullshit cheese or other garbage in their to spice it up, you need some real fucking food to accompany it since it's a FUCKING SIDE ITEM.

>I can't make good mashed potatoes so I mask my errors behind incongruent flavors.

a really mature cheese adds a lot of glutimate. while a soft cheese can be used in place of other fats.

if you're just going to use butter, milk, salt, pepper. You might as well have just microwave baked the potatoes and let the diners butter and season on their own.

>I don't know what an emulsification is so I'll let my dinner guest do it for me.

Fucking kys you goddamn trip cancer

cooksillustrated.com/articles/332-ultimate-french-mashed-potatoes

And? I'm not reading all that shit. Post in your words or fuck off.

Literally just says to cook the potatoes in milk and butter instead of water. Then just mash it all together after they're cooked.

and. You let your guests mash them or what?
WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING POINT?

Stop getting mad at potatoes

nigger i'm not him, i'm fucking telling you what his link says since you're being a lazy cunt

french mashed potatoes.

which is evidently done by boiling unskinned potatoes. then peeling steaming hot potatoes. then beating the potatoes, and adding a little bit of cold butter at a time. until you get about 1 to 1 by weight ratio of potato to butter.

the potato starches help emulsify all the butter. resulting in a rich fluffy velvety smooth mash.

Still not seeing the point. Is there no emulsification at work?

>until you get about 1 to 1 by weight ratio of potato to butter.

>recipe calls for 2lbs of potatoes and 1lbs of butter
>1 to 1 ratio

hmmmmm

i mean france though

Are you retarded?

>while a soft cheese can be used in place of other fats
>you might as well have just microwave baked the potatoes and let the diners butter and season on their own
Go to this anons house for dinner and you either get cheese and potato mashed together or a microwaved potato on a plate that you have to mash youself

You eat the same food, cooked the same way, no exceptions. Forever? Every time you eat a dish for the rest of your life?

Rats poison

>Rats
who is this rat and where can I meet him for a brew of this poison i've been hearing so much about?

Guess I'm the only one who puts nutmeg in his mashed. Salt pepper whole milk grated nutmeg and grated parmigiano

>What should I put in my mashed potatoes?

one chopped onion

>raw onion
>ever good

This fucking guy again

if you mash your potatoes right after boiling, they are warm enough to actually soften up the onion

Plus it's good for you.

powdered ginger.