Why is this brand so popular? All my American friends eat these but when I tried one it tasted so sweet and oily...

Why is this brand so popular? All my American friends eat these but when I tried one it tasted so sweet and oily. And what's weirder is that all of them taste like that. It's like they just change the shape. From all that I've heard I though twinkies would be better than a half-assed attempt at covering a marshmallow in butter. I'm honestly more inclined to eat Little Debbies desu

It used to be way better.

Twinkies today taste nothing like twinkies ten years ago.

All of those hostess cakes have the same processed chemical taste

Idk, they have no flavor, they just taste like sugar and foamy sugar. Nasty.

Because it used to be the shit. Then the company tanked and switched owners, maybe the shitty line of snacks they have today.

Pic related is prime hostess. F

>three blueberries and two peach
you think this is a fucking game?

I like the donuts but entemann's is better and I think roughly the same price.

Not even the cream filled ones.

Entemanns' chocolate covered devils food cake is god tier

Yeah little debbie >>>> hostess t b h. The fruit pies are the only things worth a damn at hostess, but is easy to make better, homemade ones anyways

it's crap shelf-stable junk food and has become nothing more than gas station snacks.

>all my American friends

I hate to break it to you, but all your American "friends" are 15 years younger than you and have been lying about their age.

I'll be honest, I don't get the appeal of things like Twinkies and cakes and ice cream and other sugary things. I love fast food and junk like cheeseburgers and lasagna and burritos. But at least fast food meals are substantial and have some kind of nutrition. You get fats and proteins in a cheeseburger. What does a twinkie give you? Sugar and carbs? It truly is an empty calorie and frankly it seems like a wasted meal.

you have to blame the new slew of ingredient bans, especially trans fats which is what made like 95% of a twinkie. Nowadays Hostess is owned and run by some different faggots I don't know the specifics but back when the whole bankruptcy scare happened they took over and now it's only the same in appearance. Not even Little Debbie is the same anymore.

As an Amerifat, I've thought the same since the first time I tried one, when I was like 6. They are so overwhelming, I gag a bit when I try to eat one. Little Debbies are way better, but I've heard they've gotten worse lately.

It wasn't a scare, they partially maneuvered into bankruptcy so they could get rid of the union and reopen union-free with a high amount of automation replacing most workers.

My high school sometimes served Hostess fruit pies to meet the fruit requirement for lunches. Even then I realized how retarded that was.

Entemenns and Tasty Kakes are superior. Some jelly crumpets would be cash right now

>cake is too sweet omgg!!!
I mean really, what is it with you people?

>It's like they just change the shape.
I'm not sure what you mean here?
a zinger tastes nothing like a twinkie and those don't taste like ding dongs. and none of those taste like the pies. I like everything in OPs pic. raspberry zinger is my favorite.
my favorites lazy snack use to be, going to the gas station where they sold the large donuts that had cinnamon, plain, and powdered sugar. I would love to crush six of them with a big glass of milk

Same. I don't like confectionery as much as other people I guess. Don't get me wrong, I'll have candy or cake/doughnuts every once in a while, but if I'm going to have anything with a lot of sugar, I much prefer fruits.

Tastycakes are legendary

I havent been able to eat any of these types of snack cakes ever since I left one of those oatmeal sandwich cookies in the microwave too long and it came out as an entirely liquid pool of thin vomit looking corn syrup.

These things aren't food, you're essentially eating packing peanuts soaked in corn syrup