What's the best candy there is and why is it black liquorice?

What's the best candy there is and why is it black liquorice?

Other urls found in this thread:

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199910073411515
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15579328
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14520600
examine.com/supplements/licorice/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm a proud black licorice supremacist.
Better if it's salty.

Black licorice reppin. Literally the most mature candy

I'm more of a dark chocolate kind of guy but I can get down with some black licorice.

When did the black licorice is bad meme start?

Kids with an internet connection

Honestly I've never liked liquorice... The aniseed taste is horrible, I can barely stand medicine with that taste

I love black licorice but whats that in your pic, OP?

When did the "black" licorice meme start? When isn't licorice black?

Black liquorice tastes like a complete joke, I use to kinda eat it when I was a candy addict but since I haven't ate any candy in years it taste like a tar and oil and plastic. What a sad fucking candy, first off it's not healthy for you so it should taste good? Nah fuck that it taste like shit and no nutrition value.

>The aniseed taste
What kind of cheap shit do you buy? Twizzlers nig

Salty licorice is delicious.

I like the stuff I've had from Sweden and Iceland, but everything I've tried from the Netherlands was pretty bad.

>tfw licorice lowers testosterone
I love the stuff but I'm already soyboy enough as it is.

Got to admit, I love licorice ice cream. Cant eat any because I am fat and on a super-strict diet :(

>soyim detected

If you like the taste of black licorice you're likely low test.

Call me a tastelet like in the other threads you spam. I'll be the tastelet with high test levels fucking your girl.

>doesn't like liquorice
>user implies I buy it

Wat.

Anyone have a recipe for how to make my own liquorice, getting the roots aren't a problem but I don't know what the heck to do to make a delicious candy with it.

google it

Sugar, butter, flour

I only googled it in swedish before but english did give me better results, thanks I guess.

Now it seems I'd have to use vodka to make an even half-decent extract so I might as well use one of the powders available.

WRONG

I used to use tackle bait with a pungent aniseed scent. Can't eat the stuff without thinking about hot fish

or just buy it for a buck

Shut the fuck up you raging cocksucker.

Where's the fun in that? If they can make it I'm sure I'd be able to too.

As the liquorice connoisseur that you are you might be able to give me some advice on what the ideal liquorice praline would be like.

Don't mind me, just posting the best aniseed lolly available.

Have proof?

So what brands/places to buy in the US do people recommend? Not sure I've ever had good authentic licorice, and certainly not any salty varieties. One of the better ones I've had is this soft stuff from Target, little expensive for a smallish bag though. Think I got some decent stuff from Farm and Fleet or Woodman's a while back; wasn't some large name brand thing. Twizzlers are certainly edible but seem a bit weak and too "candyish" if that means anything.

Maybe I'll hunt down some Horehounds, I recall those were good too.

yall never know how good this shit is

Wtf is Veeky Forums filled with 90 yr old grannies? Black licorice is foul and only old people like it. Have some real candy like sour patch kids and stop being contrarian "born in le wrong generation" faggots.

Oh shit, I should have been buying EATING licorice all this time instead of building licorice.

What are you on about, kids love the shit out of some strong salt licorice here, not our fault you americans only have shitty leather liqurice that tastes like fucking nothing.

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199910073411515
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15579328
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14520600
examine.com/supplements/licorice/

You'll be fine if you don't eat licorice every single day though.

>millenial with daddy issues
What a twist.

problem is you don't have to enter a thread anymore, you can see it just scrolling down the board and fire off a shitpost.
quick reply was a MISTAKE

This is why the older generation hates millennials. Also, Sour Patch Kids is for Niggers and Jews.

What's that?

I bought a reg red bag and an herb spiced green bag.
I ate the green bag already. Was super cache. I liked it better because it was different spin on just the regular. But nothing beats a good regular except police.

>why everyone hates the older generation and wondering why they won't die fast enough: the post

Yank "red" licorice which isn't licorice at all

you forgot board certified niggerfaggots, spooks, jiggaboos, jiggaboo sympathizers and people who enjoy jam.

also, you underjewed. never under jew.

>Have some real candy
Dude, i’m gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fucking pathetic and disgusting compared to my candy. and I’m being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook shit that was previously in cans. you’re a fucking joke dude, and im dead fucking serious get a real family that cooks good candy, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fucking time, and has a million dollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont ever post your fucking poverty candy on these forums ever the fuck again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fucking faggot.

I made some licorice caramels last Christmas that turned out really good. Just used anise extract. I think it was from a Bon Appetit recipe.

But there was never a "red licorice". There was red vines and twizzlers or whatever, but I don't remember there ever being anything called "red licorice", so why the fuck does everyone say "black licorice" as though they need to make clear that they're talking about licorice and not some strawberry candy? I've just never understood it.

I used to eat black liquorice because my granddad told me that only small children eat chocolate and gummi bears. I actually got used to the taste but then I reached a point and told myself, that I don't give a fuck about what my granddad thinks what kind of sweets are acceptable and which aren't because I'm a grown up man and do whatever I want.

So now I'm back to good tasting chocolate.

Firm, strong tasting black licorice is addictive.

>candy
>no nutritional value
What do you expect from something nicknamed “JUNK FOOD”?

Original stick cand from Gränna, Sweden.
Turkisk peppar is my fav.

*stick candy (polkagris)

Mah nigga, their liquorice is pretty darn good. I haven't had them in like a decade, where I live now kids don't go around selling them for their sports clubs.

"""""""""Black licorice"""""""" isn't real licorice/liquorice, either. And, as exemplified by many posters ITT mentioning anise and salmiak, very few of you, if any at all, have ever had the real stuff and almost certainly none of you have ever had it in any unadulterated form, always with added sugars and stabilisers and shit.

chocolate covered salmiak lolly

I used to love the real stuff as a teen. I still like it but I won't go out of my way to find some anymore.
And I don't think that eating it makes me cool or manly or sophisticated either, you fedoratipping fucktard.

are you talking about licorice roots? they're good for weight loss. chewing all day, sweet taste, hardly any calories.

I never said nor implied that it makes anyone sophisticated or manly to eat real liquorice or pure liquorice. Just stating a fact: very few of you, if any at all, have ever had it. Don't let your inferiority complex make you read into messages that simply aren't there, user. It's not a good look.

I know Swedes have those delicious liquorice pipes, but they're made, as said already, with "sugars and stabilisers and shit." They're still good. And they're certainly real liquorice. But they're not pure liquorice and they're not easily available in most places.

Nope. I've never had the root on its own, actually, though I used to see it for sale when I was a kid.
I'm talking about liquorice extract sweets. I don't know how it's extracted exactly, but I know once it is, the extract is cooked down until it solidifies and that's it. Most manufacturers of pure liquorice sweets I know of use no added ingredients although Tabù, probably the most popular brand (99% pure rather than 100%), does have a slightly different taste due to the addition of an additional extract or two I can't quite identify. They're very strong, so each piece of the real stuff is only about the size of half a Tic Tac.